Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned by @nac386 and others, Canelo needs to keep his back off the ropes/corners like he lapses into at times during a lot of his fights.

The biggest thing for me for Canelo to beat GGG is to go to the body like a madman. And throw those beautiful combos we know he has in his arsenal. I don't anticipate GGG dealing with combos very well from a guy like canelo who has pretty high level skills in that dept.

I think Golovkin takes this with his bully mentality, nonstop aggression, durability, and power, not to mention his ring cutting skills and the lost art of shifting, but breaking down this fight and how each guy wins, I think both guys need to work the body hard. Canelo always seems to put in work downstairs if he can, but I've been critical of my boy GGG in the past for being a bit too much of a headhunter at times, when he should be paying more attention to banging the body.

I also think the jab game will play a big role here. The adage goes "don't hook with a hooker (I believe "sex worker" is the pc word now), but you can jab with a jabber. Norton/Holmes is a good example of the latter iirc.) Both guys have sick jabs, Canelo is more active with it, imo, but we've seen GGG use a nasty jab himself in fights and no joke it's like a power shot when he lands it clean.

This is a no homo erection inducing fight, I can't wait for it. No matter who you're rooting for, we all know this is gonna be a great fight, one that deserves more ppv buys than it'll end up getting. Sad but true. Hate to be "That guy" but it is the truth when @Seano and others say that casuals always buy into the worst ppv fights and totally ignore the truly fun/competitive/well matched, elite fights that everybody and their mother would enjoy. Sad but true. And then retards from the heavies come in and whine about how the best don't fight the best, lol.

/rant.

A fight worth watching and one I am excited enough for, to post about.

I can't predict numbers but I do think this fight is getting some views though. Even my casual friends who I didn't expect to care about Canelo vs GGG, are talking about this.

Question. What does a win do for the winner's P4P ranking?

Question. What does a win do for the winner's P4P ranking?

canelo, number 1 or 2.

golovkin very little change as canelo is completely unproven as a 160 let alone not being the undisputed number 1 at 154

Very even on paper. I think it will go the distance, and judges may lean towards Canelo's style, so I'd say Canelo is the favorite. I think he can time GGG's jab and work the body, which will be key factors.

Close fight anyway.
Ok

Stylistically how do they pair up?

Can you crystallize the styles of these two fighters in a way that expresses how the fight will go in a little more detail?

One thing I'll say is that Canelo better not lean on the ropes like he tends to do from time to time. He could find himself in seriously trouble doing that against a guy like GGG, even if he is able to slip and block most of the punches.

he will!

trying to stay away from a pressuring GGG really hard thing to do for anybody.

Canelo can stick and move box, but he can't do it to GGG for a long time, Canelo has too slow feet.

GGG will force the pressure,get into Canelo's face from the opening bell and Canelo will be spending some time along the ropes even if he eats a couple of Canelo's shots (Canelo can counter very good) atleast he'll be dictating things tactically and strategically.

I think that GGG is too bid and skilled, I think the work rate of ggg will eventually wear on canelo. Its hard for me to imagine that canelo wont take breaks like he has in the past against ggg. That will equal doom

Ok

Stylistically how do they pair up?

Can you crystallize the styles of these two fighters in a way that expresses how the fight will go in a little more detail?

Well, GGG can pressure, cut the ring and box behind a superb jab. His job will be to move forward and jab with authority until he can lay some hurting in the ropes.

Canelo has slow feet but he can aim at the body to slow down GGG, and time GGG to counter him when he gets too predictable. He moves his head well.

I can picture a cautious fight. GGG cannot rush in head first with no jab as he did against Brook as I have a feeling that GGG combos are harder than Brook's. Canelo won't want to eat big punches for obvious reasons.

5 keys :
- how will Canelo take GGG's punch (even if he moves his head well he'll get tested at some point) ?
- has GGG slowed down ? I don't think he had lost a step so far, he was just wild against Brook and Jacobs's performance was excellent.
- will Canelo time GGG's jab and counter with the right and occasional combos ? It depends on GGG's ability to mix things up and avoid being predictable, which he can be.
- how often will Canelo get his back to the ropes ? He does it often to rest, but GGG is no Kirkland.
- which body work will be the most effective ? They can both chop some liver.

I think it will go the distance and Canelo, unless he gets put on his arse several times, should get the decision as juges do like him. And there will be some serious bitching about it.

Well, GGG can pressure, cut the ring and box behind a superb jab. His job will be to move forward and jab with authority until he can lay some hurting in the ropes.

Canelo has slow feet but he can aim at the body to slow down GGG, and time GGG to counter him when he gets too predictable. He moves his head well.

I can picture a cautious fight. GGG cannot rush in head first with no jab as he did against Brook as I have a feeling that GGG combos are harder than Brook's. Canelo won't want to eat big punches for obvious reasons.

5 keys :
- how will Canelo take GGG's punch (even if he moves his head well he'll get tested at some point) ?
- has GGG slowed down ? I don't think he had lost a step so far, he was just wild against Brook and Jacobs's performance was excellent.
- will Canelo time GGG's jab and counter with the right and occasional combos ? It depends on GGG's ability to mix things up and avoid being predictable, which he can be.
- how often will Canelo get his back to the ropes ? He does it often to rest, but GGG is no Kirkland.
- which body work will be the most effective ? They can both chop some liver.

I think it will go the distance and Canelo, unless he gets put on his arse several times, should get the decision as juges do like him. And there will be some serious bitching about it.

Can you please rate their skills and abilities?

1 = Canelo

x = tie

2 = GGG

1. Strength

2. Power

3. Speed

4. Cardio

5. Accuracy

6. Defence

7. Offence

7. Footwork

8. Boxing technique

9. Ring IQ

10. Ring Control

11. Fighting in the pocket

12. Chin

13. Fighting Heart

14. Timing

15. Gameplan

16. X-factor

Canelo is going to beat the shit out of GGG in this fight. It may and probably does go the distance. But it'll be quite one-sided in Canelo's favour regardless. This fight isn't even happening unless GGG was viewed by Canelo's side as being diminished and ripe for the picking. Which I think he is.

Canelo is going to beat the shit out of GGG in this fight. It may and probably does go the distance. But it'll be quite one-sided in Canelo's favour regardless. This fight isn't even happening unless GGG was viewed by Canelo's side as being diminished and ripe for the picking. Which I think he is.

Support your opinion.

Strong words.

Can't believe this fight is a 2 days away.
5UsJ6op.jpg

If it goes the distance, Canelo wins. So much corruption in boxing, and judges will favor DLH's boy (plus, he's mexican...).

GGG should take Canelo out, which I think will happen between 7-11 rounds.

Can you please rate their skills and abilities?

1 = Canelo

x = tie

2 = GGG

1. Strength GGG

2. Power GGG

3. Speed CANELO

4. Cardio GGG

5. Accuracy X

6. Defence X

7. Offence X

7. Footwork GGG

8. Boxing technique X