Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there may be kidney punches flying in both directions.

giphy.webp

This is very hagler-hearnsish

The devastating former ww outgrews division, moved up to jmw than mw to meet the mw destroyer

Apologies is posted before, but this is a great interview IMO. So much better to hear a fighter who has been in there talk honestly and openly than the usual "experts".

I'm not buying that Murray thought GGG's power was 'copeable', but we can let that slide.

The devastating former ww outgrews division, moved up to jmw than mw to meet the mw destroyer
Agree this seems to mirror the assessment of Hearns to MW and like Hagler was the man everyone feared so is GGG..............

Only issue is Canelo is not as good as Hearns and GGG isn't as good as Hagler.

That said if they go rock em sock em robots for 3 rounds luke Hagler Hearns did I will of gladly spent my money on ppv

Agree this seems to mirror the assessment of Hearns to MW and like Hagler was the man everyone feared so is GGG..............

Only issue is Canelo is not as good as Hearns and GGG isn't as good as Hagler.

That said if they go rock em sock em robots for 3 rounds luke Hagler Hearns did I will of gladly spent my money on ppv
True they are not

But i actually think the outcome will be the same

Ggg is going to beat canelo imo

Yessir. Its kind of sad there isnt more hype behind it tbh.

I don't think anyone has confused Canelo with devestating before, even at WW. A very good fighter but not a lethal KO guy.

do you think canelo is pillow fisted? Golovkin doesn't like being punched in the face back. Only Antonio Margarito seems to like it.

Not pillow fisted but his power at 160 isnt moving mountains either

I don't think anyone has confused Canelo with devestating before, even at WW. A very good fighter but not a lethal KO guy.
Eh. No one has tommy hearns power at ww. Canelo is a good puncher tho. Not tommy tho your right

Tommy very dangerous which is not the same as good.

Yessir. Its kind of sad there isnt more hype behind it tbh.
It's a great fight. But Hearns prior to the Hagler fight had fought wars with all time greats and Hagler was the ultimate destroyer. Both fighters are great just not what either Hearns or Hagler were ....... that's not a bad thing as both are top 25 ever imo p4p fighters. I do think the hype is there for the Mexican fans but not so much in America ....... here it's just a good fight. Which I agree is a shame as it's the best match-up big fight in many years.

hearns one-punched kod duran while hagler struggled with him, hence that fight being a pick em.

canelo one-punched khan and kirkland, who both had already been kod previously at lower weights, while golovkin struggled with danny jacobs

i dont see the similarities

yet i do see similarities in the outcomes on saturday night

hearns one-punched kod duran while hagler struggled with him, hence that fight being a pick em.

canelo one-punched khan and kirkland, who both had already been kod previously at lower weights, while golovkin struggled with danny jacobs

i dont see the similarities

yet i do see similarities in the outcomes on saturday night
Hagler struggled? He took hearns best shot and knocked him out with his eye fucked.

Hagler struggled? He took hearns best shot and knocked him out with his eye fucked.

hagler struggled with duran while hearns knocked him out cold. thats probably why the hearns/hagler fight went off as a pick em...which is probably very close to what golovkin/canelo is going to go off as even though there is nothing even remotely close to kirkland or khan resembling roberto duran or danny jacobs

@Seano this is actually pretty decent stuff from First Take. At 3:00 Max asks Roach about game plannning for this fight and he goes straight to the thing we said about being on the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back