Canelo - GGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive finally settled on a winner. I'm tipping my hat towards ggg

who you got in this fight?
@Seano

Very even on paper. I think it will go the distance, and judges may lean towards Canelo's style, so I'd say Canelo is the favorite. I think he can time GGG's jab and work the body, which will be key factors.

Close fight anyway.

Last edited:
Been with Canelo since the start, still with Canelo. IF, he weathers the storm that he's gonna have to go through to gain respect midway through the fight. It's gonna happen like that. And I think he can...

I'm still one the fence. I'm leaning slightly towards Golovkin. I want to say that its a bad style matchup for Canelo.

Do you secretly desire for Canelo's body to become rigid?

Been with Canelo since the start, still with Canelo. IF, he weathers the storm that he's gonna have to go through to gain respect midway through the fight. It's gonna happen like that. And I think he can...

I will remember this statement just in case, because i want to taste your prism waters at the right moment. I need to gather your flavors Mr Left. This is not to belittle, it only serves for me to acquiesce a part of you so that i can enlighten you when the time truly comes....

I will remember this statement just in case, because i want to taste your prism waters at the right moment. I need to gather your flavors Mr Left. This is not to belittle, it only serves for me to acquiesce a part of you so that i can enlighten you when the time truly comes....
The attempt to acquiesce the fruitful waters of my dark flesh may be met with barren tundra, for I have been training to resist The Senri insertion since the last explosion of juices. This apostle has emerged as a phoenix beacon of equal enlightenment. Fear not, the Phoenix is not here to challenge you, it has come to join you in the quest of total immersion into the light.

The attempt to acquiesce the fruitful waters of my dark flesh may be met with barren tundra, for I have been training to resist The Senri insertion since the last explosion of juices. This apostle has emerged as a phoenix beacon of equal enlightenment. Fear not, the Phoenix is not here to challenge you, it has come to join you in the quest of total immersion into the light.

It's already inside of you Mr Left, and it's beauty inside of you radiates upon us all. Let us migrate with peace...

Originally, I was picking Golovkin to stop Canelo, as I didn't believe he could handle his power. This was owing to Canelo's reaction to Mayweather's power, which isn't great, but still had Canelo quite troubled.

Since that time, however, Canelo has taken much bigger puncher's shots with no problem, so I think that the reaction to Floyd's power was more in the.... he shouldn't have been able to hit me there/then variety then a pure flinching from power. Upon reflection I think the Floyd fight was a major learning stimulus for Canelo as well.

So now, I believe that Canelo can stand up to the power of Golovkin, and that it will come down to overall skill and heart, and I do think that it's about as even a fight as we are likely to get this year.

All that said, split decision in Canelo's favour seems to be the most likely outcome IMO...provided, of course, that Canelo can stand up to Golovkin's power, which I think he can.

ps.... Senri, stay out of me!

<{jackyeah}>

I'm still one the fence. I'm leaning slightly towards Golovkin. I want to say that its a bad style matchup for Canelo.

Thats kinda how i how i was thinking on it but maybe 2 weeks ago i had canelo lol.

Im staying with GGG.

Btw i dont care who wins. FIght will be great

I can't believe how many people are picking Canelo. All because GGG was flustered by Jacobs- who is much bigger and quicker than either of them. Gennady gonna be walking down Canelo all night and leave him shellshocked.

Pretty much this.

I don't think it's really a terrible style matchup for either man. Canelo always struggles the most when he has to go out and find his man, and that's not going to be an issue here. Canelo has had issues in the past with taking rounds off and not punching with the most volume, though, so Golovkin's more consistent workrate, namely his active jab, perhaps could be considered something that has proven to be stylistically troubling in the past. It's hard to say what type of fighter Golovkin struggles the most with. He did struggle with Jacobs' footwork as we saw for the first time Golovkin consistently struggle to trap his opponent, set his feet, and get off more than one or two punches at a time. While Canelo isn't likely to simply walk in and brawl with Golovkin, it's rather unlikely that we see him move as much as Jacobs did.

The two things that did give Golovkin some issues against Jacobs that Canelo will certainly try to replicate are focusing on the body as well as moving Golovkin back in spurts with combinations (both things going hand in hand with each other). When Jacobs did this, not only did he land some telling shots, but he significantly muted Golovkin's offense by forcing him to cover up. Jacobs was a bigger man than Canelo and likely a bigger puncher, though.

Overall, I'd say both men's strengths sort of play into the others. Neither man is going to have trouble finding the other. We're going to see them both generally play into each others strengths. I think Golovkin's activity, mostly in the form of his jab, will give him a slight edge in a close fight that goes the distance.

GGG will win.

Not an easy fight to predict, but canelo won't be able to handle GGG's power if he feels it. I don't think Saul will have a good enough night come fight night.

Very even on paper. I think it will go the distance, and judges may lean towards Canelo's style, so I'd say Canelo is the favorite. I think he can time GGG's jab and work the body, which will be key factors.

Close fight anyway.

For the record I do respect Canelo a lot as a fighter but I'll be rooting for GGG in this one. Woot.

GGG will win.

Not an easy fight to predict, but canelo won't be able to handle GGG's power if he feels it. I don't think Saul will have a good enough night come fight night.
do you think canelo is pillow fisted? Golovkin doesn't like being punched in the face back. Only Antonio Margarito seems to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back