Canelo-GGG will be like Ward-Kovalev

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The rematch always favors the better boxer.
Canelo is Ward in this situation and will learn, adapt and strengthen his game. Since his lose to Floyd, Canelo has only gotten better and seems to grow his fight iq with every fight.
He's slicker, hes cockier, hes faster.
His defense is better.
GGG on the other hand is just like Kovalev. They are who they are and if doesn't work, that's all they got.
Thats the flaw in East Euro/Russian fighters. Stoic and robotic. Strong tough and durable, technical in aspects, but they aren't flexible. Have you ever seen a Russian dance? It's horrendous.
They don't adapt. They don't diverse their strategy. They don't pick up new tactics. They fight their style and that's it.

Canelo stops GGG in the rematch.

The rematch always favors the better boxer.
Canelo is Ward in this situation and will learn, adapt and strengthen his game. Since his lose to Floyd, Canelo has only gotten better and seems to grow his fight iq with every fight.
He's slicker, hes cockier, hes faster.
His defense is better.
GGG on the other hand is just like Kovalev. They are who they are and if doesn't work, that's all they got.
Thats the flaw in East Euro/Russian fighters. Stoic and robotic. Strong tough and durable, technical in aspects, but they aren't flexible. Have you ever seen a Russian dance? It's horrendous.
They don't adapt. They don't diverse their strategy. They don't pick up new tactics. They fight their style and that's it.

Canelo stops GGG in the rematch.

Kovalev isn't tough. Canelo isn't half the boxer Ward is and not nearly as versatile. He does one style well. The rematch always favoring the boxer is something that is said often but I've never seen data to back it up. Sounds like an old wives tale until shown otherwise.

GGG learned throughout the fight that Canelo can't hurt him. He's going to walk through him next time and not be nearly as cautious.

I like canelo but he ain't Ward , I don't mind kovalev but he ain't triple ggg. Also two very different fights

I like canelo but he ain't Ward , I don't mind kovalev but he ain't triple ggg. Also two very different fights
I'm not saying he's Ward I'm saying the situation is going to be the same

Canelo didn't seem as confident as you since the word "Rematch" didn't excite him much.

Saul was having huge success when he took the center of the ring. I think he was right to alternate between slugging and boxing with the counter shots. The rematch will probably look the same but look for Canelo to do less rope leaning and countering and him doing more of taking the center of the ring. The few times Canelo decided to come forward with combos he had huge success.

As tough as GGG is his boxing IQ isn't nearly as good as Saul's. I think Alvarez should be the clear favorite in the rematch, and certainly not out of the realm of possibility he stops GGG.

Getting outworked & your head jabbed off all night apparently is equal to Ward's performance versus Kovalev, Jesus fuck, this is like an alternate reality in here.

I don't know man I think canelo has ways to go before he pulls off a performance like ward did in the rematch , but who knows maybe he comes back and does better or maybe ggg comes back with an absolute vengeance and Kos him who knows

Back