Canelo & GGG Finalize Deal

If Lara let his hands go just a bit more he wins that fight. But meh. He lets his hands go a bit more and he could have his head sent to the 3rd row too.

Not sure I'd use the word "heated" to describe what happened there. Closely contested, yeah.

I think Canelo won more than a majority of the rounds, but not much happened in any round and it would've been easy for either guy to really swing it.

edit: and by easy I mean the room was there. Not that either guy had it easy.

Lara threw about just as many punches as Canelo, so you're wrong there.

Maybe you didn't like it that Lara was being elusive, not fighting Canelo force to force and getting his head taken off in the process. But Lara worked what he could work with, he tried to beat Canelo with his ability, you can say limited ability. But it was a heated boxing match nonetheless.
According to compubox, sure. I seem to recall thinking Canelo wasn't being credited by compubox for his body punches but I'm not going back to watch that shit again.

Ever heard of this thing called age ?
You can't honestly believe that someone who's almost a decade older than Canelo should be able to cut weight like him .

Okay if thats your excuse I'll except that excuse. Nice excuse btw.

"Why didn't grandpa show up?"
"Dead."
"Well if that's his excuse."

If Lara let his hands go just a bit more he wins that fight. But meh. He lets his hands go a bit more and he could have his head sent to the 3rd row too.

I agree man. Whenever you throw a punch, you open up yourelf to a counter punch.

This is going to be such a fun fight.

Canelo is going to rip Golovkins body to shreds.

Going to Golovkin's body will be essential, but Canelo can't stay in front of him. This isn't Josesito Lopez on the ropes. Any time he's going to commit to more than 1 or 2 punches at a time he will be in the real danger zone. Glolovkin doesn't have the greatest defense, but almost always manages to counter viciously when his opponent is in close. I love this style matchup btw.

I think it's interesting that people seem to feel that GGG would lose to a fighter that moves a lot and boxes from the outside. Anytime, I see a fighter attempt to use these types of tactics against GGG, they get destroyed. He cuts them off and finds them and hurts them. Granted, he hasn't faced anybody that has those skills at an elite level but I don't see what he's shows so far to suggest that's his kryptonite unlike Canelo, who has pretty much struggled with any fighter that has attempted any movement whatsoever against him. When I see GGG fights, opponents seem to have the most success on the inside and at mid range. I think he enjoys firefights a bit too much and doesn't really give a fuck about getting hit back in those ranges cause of his confidence. Canelo has shown outstanding offense and head movement at close ranges. So, it'll be interesting to see how that match up plays out. GGG really seemed to be wary of David's power in his last fight though and fought way more cautious then usual. Very intrigued to see what type of approach GGG uses for the fight.

"Why didn't grandpa show up?"
"Dead."
"Well if that's his excuse."

Only a full blown retard would not know his/her grandpa is dead. No excuse for not knowing your grandpa died, you got Social media for gods' sakes and a motherclucking Smartphone.

Back