Canelo-GGG deal was agreed on for weeks until GGG changed terms

It would be a sign of a person who is trying to duck a fight.
GGG says "I want this..." Canelo says "Ok" then GGG goes 3 weeks and goes "I want this as well"
Whether you work for the entertainment industry or whether you sell drugs, a move like that is someone who's full of shit and trying to fuck something over
Are you talking about a contract that was submitted for approval after the rematch fell through?

There wasn't even a contract, there were pre-agreed upon terms but as long as nothing is signed then there is no contract. It's just negotiations until that happens. I do believe that Canelo taking his sweet time to enroll in drug testing and the punishment that was handed down to him did have an affect on GGG and the terms he wanted. Also how was it after all that when he got the supposed contract in April during or before the time in which Canelo wasn't enrolled in VADA? Canelo didn't enroll until May 16th, he was formally suspended April 18th.

oh btw, that hair test isn't even accepted across the board in drug testing organizations because something as simple as the color of your hair can affect a test result and the lighter the hair it may be possible to wash out any chemicals found in the hair. Canelo failed not 1 but 2 tests and that's on record.
If his hair showed contamination in line with eating beef then I'd think the odds are he wasn't cheating. If the results came back completely clean then that would seem suspicious.

I think that drawing a hard line at 50-50 would be pricing himself out. But there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that GGG has any interest and ducking Canelo. Ducking sort of implies a level of fear, which is just a goofy thing to assert.

He certainly has no financial interest in avoiding the fight. Pride and an inflated sense of worth has sewered many fights in the past, though. If he were to stick to 50/50, then it would be his team's fault for this round of negotiations falling through (not that the boxing world would necessarily see it that way, but it would be the most reasonable reading of the situation). I'm hopeful that this is all just tough negotiation, though. The rematch makes too much money to let it fall by the wayside, and regardless of what anyone on either side says, there is definitely still unfinished business between the two.

More than that, I don't think Golovkin's team would be all that happy to fight Charlo or Jacobs for substantially less than they'd get to fight Canelo at this stage in Golovkin's career. His team obviously wants Saunders (as a second choice, likely, but many would even seem to want him as a first choice for whatever reason), but if this rematch falls through, I think Saunders/Canelo will happen.

Well according to that I would still say it's inconclusive. Where he really fucked up was waiting so long to enroll. You would have expected him to be proactive on the issue and not try to use it as a bargaining chip.

In any case we'll have to wait and see who their next opponents are and what kind of numbers they pull. There are too many variables right now to determine what a fair split is going to be. I hope it lit a fire under their asses to take big fights next. GGG should be able to fit in another 2 fights this year.

He certainly has no financial interest in avoiding the fight. Pride and an inflated sense of worth has sewered many fights in the past, though. If he were to stick to 50/50, then it would be his team's fault for this round of negotiations falling through (not that the boxing world would necessarily see it that way, but it would be the most reasonable reading of the situation). I'm hopeful that this is all just tough negotiation, though. The rematch makes too much money to let it fall by the wayside, and regardless of what anyone on either side says, there is definitely still unfinished business between the two.

More than that, I don't think Golovkin's team would be all that happy to fight Charlo or Jacobs for substantially less than they'd get to fight Canelo at this stage in Golovkin's career. His team obviously wants Saunders (as a second choice, likely, but many would even seem to want him as a first choice for whatever reason), but if this rematch falls through, I think Saunders/Canelo will happen.

Do you understand what I mean when I say there is a difference between pricing yourself out due to pride and ducking? If GGG overvalues himself, or Canelo over values himself, that is a very lame reason to accuse somebody of ducking. Calling somebody a duck implies fear. These are two guys who have already fought. The vast majority of boxing fans thought GGG won the first fight against a cheating opponent. I'm pretty sure he is not afraid of the clean version.

50/50 is pushing it. But what about 60-40? Is Canelo then a duck if he refuses? Is somebody always a duck when negotiations do not work out? Who decides?

Do you understand what I mean when I say there is a difference between pricing yourself out due to pride and ducking? If GGG overvalues himself, or Canelo over values himself, that is a very lame reason to accuse somebody of ducking. Calling somebody a duck implies fear. These are two guys who have already fought. The vast majority of boxing fans thought GGG won the first fight against a cheating opponent. I'm pretty sure he is not afraid of the clean version.

50/50 is pushing it. But what about 60-40? Is Canelo then a duck if he refuses? Is somebody always a duck when negotiations do not work out? Who decides?
It's not ducking it's dick measuring.

What was the split for the first dance?

Canelo should give a bit more than that, since he fucked up the rematch that was on the calendar.

60/40 sounds fair. Lol @ 50/50.

Canelo should give a bit more than that, since he fucked up the rematch that was on the calendar.

I think Team Canelo would agree to a 60-40, but I also look at it like this

Company A and smaller Company B do a collaborative. Company A makes a mistake and there is a delay, smaller company B goes on public ridiculing Company A.

Behind the scenes, both negotiate a deal with a counteroffer made by the smaller company B, Company A agree to the concessions send over the verbally agreed contract, asked for a return timeline and Company B says very soon you know how it is.

3 weeks later after further public ridiculing of Company A by smaller company B, an email message saying they want to be on even ground in the profit sharing for this collaborative.

Company A scuffs and takes into account the very public outbursts of smaller company b. In addition, realizes that smaller company b is looking to use the hard work of Company A's higher profile and resources without even having to have worked for it.

Dead on the water.

The story is conflicting one

per https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/05/loeffler-says-ggg-wants-50-50-deal-gomez-is-furious/

In the previously scheduled Canelo-Golovkin II rematch on May 5, the two sides had agreed to a 65-35 split with Canelo receiving the larger split of the money. This deal was only slightly better than the 70-30 purse split for the first fight.

but here another article: https://www.totalsportek.com/boxing/canelo-alvarez-vs-gennady-golovkin-purse/

Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin Payouts (Confirmed)
FIGHTER PURSE PAYOUTS
Canelo Alvarez $36 million(Canelo Alvarez will be a getting a guaranteed cheque of $15 million the morning after the fight. But he is expected to clear a minimum of $35 million in total with his tier based PPV contract depending on the ppv numbers. Another $3-$5 million from both US and Mexico sponsorship deals making it his biggest payday of around $40 million)
Gennady Golovkin $24 million (Guaranteed $15 million but just like Canelo he will also get a share of PPV revenue pie and depending on numbers he should also clear over $20 million easy)

That would make Canelo vs GGG a split of 60-40

yet here is another article with LV actual payout

DJzIuWzVwAEPgUE.jpg

I mean, when someone talks about ducking I usually just look at it as an instance where a fight ought to have happened, but one side of the negotiation was unreasonable and thus prevented it from happening (which then leads to the guilty fighter taking a lesser challenge). Whether people think that it's down to fear or maneuvering a fighter into better financial position in the long run, the same thing has happened (and it's not exactly easy to really figure out the real reasons without being intimately involved with the fighter and the negotiations).

Do I think Canelo was ever scared to fight Golovkin? No, not really, but that doesn't mean that Oscar and co. didn't stall the fight for at least a year. That could reasonably be called ducking even though I don't think Canelo was ever scared to fight Golovkin. By the same token, if Golovkin's team stands firm at 50/50, I don't think making the Canelo rematch is a priority for them meaning they've chosen not to take the most meaningful fight. You don't need to call it ducking (I rarely use the word), but I would put the fault on Golovkin's team if the fight doesn't happen because they insist on a 50/50 split.

In terms of money split, something like 60/40 likely would be reasonable (there is also more to negotiate than just raw division of the money, of course), but 50/50 definitely isn't when it's abundantly clear that Canelo brings much more money to this fight. Again, I'm hopeful that this is all just the process of negotiation and that things will work out.

Sounds like the maypac negotiations all over again. Funny thing is i bet many of the guys that are so outraged by canelos failed test also didn't want Pac to submit to mayweathers testing demands back then.
<5>

Would be interested to know the first split also. Yes GGG should get a little more but 50/50 is indeed a joke.
More of a GGG fan than Canelo.

Would be interested to know the first split also. Yes GGG should get a little more but 50/50 is indeed a joke.
More of a GGG fan than Canelo.
It was 70/30.

I have no doubt asking for a 50-50 split is a starting point from GGG's team. They have some leverage, based on the alleged cheating and subsequent suspension, and are using it to get a bigger piece of the pie. Nothing wrong with that.

No way GGG gets 50/50. Canelo should move on to Jacobs, charlo , saunders, ect. Much money to be made.

No way GGG gets 50/50. Canelo should move on to Jacobs, charlo , saunders, ect. Much money to be made.

Stop kidding yourself. Canelo needs this fight more than GGG. And no, its not about money. He needs redemption as majority of public and sports world thought he lost even though he cheated. He waited out an older fighter, got his preferred venue, preferred cut from the purse, his own judge, and STILL could not win. The fight will be made at 60/40.

I have no doubt asking for a 50-50 split is a starting point from GGG's team. They have some leverage, based on the alleged cheating and subsequent suspension, and are using it to get a bigger piece of the pie. Nothing wrong with that.

They have no leverage. Team Canelo walks away from this fight and gets more big paydays. Golovkin however...

<36> " leverage ".. Pfft.

Stop kidding yourself. Canelo needs this fight more than GGG. And no, its not about money. He needs redemption as majority of public and sports world thought he lost even though he cheated. He waited out an older fighter, got his preferred venue, preferred cut from the purse, his own judge, and STILL could not win. The fight will be made at 60/40.

J6wXl.gif

<36> Comedy gold bro, good stuff.

Back