Canelo GGG 2 is on

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think a wide score like that for Golovkin is as questionable as Adelaide Byrd's card. No one dominated that fight.
They're hardly similar. I've scored this fight a ton of times being extremely objective doing it. Most of those scores have been close wins for GGG [115-113 being the most prevalent but also 116-112 and a couple draws]. I've never even come close to giving Canelo 9rds let alone the 10 she gave him. Canelo wasn't nearly as strong in the last 3 rds as some ppl make it out. That can mean the fight is a drawish fight to a clear GGG win, depending on how you scored them. They were close. You might find 117-111 GGG too wide but it's at least acceptable to most compared to the shit show that was Byrd's card. That's why she's a joke, she's a terrible judge and that was an indefensible card.

she's a terrible judge
no. just no. there is no way in hell a veteran judge like her turned in a score like that as a result of incompetence. it's not possible.

calling her a terrible judge is exonerating the cunt. there is literally no other explanation for that travesty of a scorecard other than corruption.

They're hardly similar. I've scored this fight a ton of times being extremely objective doing it. Most of those scores have been close wins for GGG [115-113 being the most prevalent but also 116-112 and a couple draws]. I've never even come close to giving Canelo 9rds let alone the 10 she gave him. Canelo wasn't nearly as strong in the last 3 rds as some ppl make it out. That can mean the fight is a drawish fight to a clear GGG win, depending on how you scored them. They were close. You might find 117-111 GGG too wide but it's at least acceptable to most compared to the shit show that was Byrd's card. That's why she's a joke, she's a terrible judge and that was an indefensible card.
And I personally can't see how someone saw Golovkin dominate 9 rounds.

no. just no. there is no way in hell a veteran judge like her turned in a score like that as a result of incompetence. it's not possible.

calling her a terrible judge is exonerating the cunt. there is literally no other explanation for that travesty of a scorecard other than corruption.
Could be I really don't know where that score came from. I'd rather have it be from incompetence than corruption but who knows, I guess. I'm looking at media scores, most sit within what I've scored the fight in the past. One guy gave it to Canelo close but nobody came close to giving him 10rds.

That is the score I have maintained for the most part. Most people say Canelo clearly won the last 3 rounds.... But nah, he clearly struggled in them and landed like 1-2 good shots per round. I don't think that was about to clearly win any of them. I actually think GGG pretty clearly won 2 of the last 3 rounds. I forget which I felt Canelo won, either the 10th or 11th.

When I scored it the other night I gave the 12th to Canelo but had the 10th down as a swing rd too. GGG really swept most of the middle part of the fight and that's what Canelo needs to stop from happening this time around.

I hope it's a KO win. It would be funny to see either of them floored tbh.

Canelo because he's a cheating twat.

GGG because it would funny to see what he would say after waking up. "Hey guys come on....this is boxing.... big drama show" lol

Could be I really don't know where that score came from. I'd rather have it be from incompetence than corruption but who knows, I guess. I'm looking at media scores, most sit within what I've scored the fight in the past. One guy gave it to Canelo close but nobody came close to giving him 10rds.
as far as i'm concerned, there are two options: she was either paid off, or she was drunk / drugged.

it's one thing to give someone 2 rounds when you shouldn't have. it can change the outcome of the fight and people will give you shit for being a crappy judge, but it happens. no one is immune to making a mistake, they are only human. but that wasn't the case here, she gave canelo 10 rounds. at best, she missed 4. her scorecard indicated golovkin was barely there, 118-110 is domination.

so it really comes down to her being incapacitated or paid off. coincidentally, alvarez far too often has at least one judge who gives him an idiotic card, whether he's winning or not... so i'm going to have to go with corruption here. i mean there was a judge who scored the mayweather fight as a draw, for fuck's sake.

It's reasonably consistent with the way she has scored in the past. She scores defense too much, imo.

so it really comes down to her being incapacitated or paid off. coincidentally, alvarez far too often has at least one judge who gives him an idiotic card, whether he's winning or not... so i'm going to have to go with corruption here. i mean there was a judge who scored the mayweather fight as a draw, for fuck's sake.

This can't be overlooked, Canelo getting widely favourable scorecards he didn't deserve has happened far too often. That's why I don't think Byrd was an isolated incident.

This can't be overlooked, Canelo getting widely favourable scorecards he didn't deserve has happened far too often. That's why I don't think Byrd was an isolated incident.
You dont think that just maybe scoring is subjective

Therefore one is quick to say curropt?

Prime example Ward v Kov

You dont think that just maybe scoring is subjective

Therefore one is quick to say curropt?

Prime example Ward v Kov
Byrd giving Canelo 10 rounds legitimately? Let me ponder that for a second...... Nope still can't see it. I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that she really is that incompetent but IT just so happens to favour Canelo who has had questionable scorecards in his favour in other fights. Unless it gets uncovered that Byrd took a payment from Canelos team or passes a lie detector test we'll probably never know the truth. It just looks incredibly suspect to me given the history of Canelo fights.

Also Canelo had a lot of success with his uppercut the first time around, I'd like to see him throw more of those in the rematch. Rooting for GGG but I'm just super intrigued by each guy should do, not do, or keep doing more of for the second fight. And for Canelo one of those things would be <{cuts}>

Byrd giving Canelo 10 rounds legitimately? Let me ponder that for a second...... Nope still can't see it. I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that she really is that incompetent but IT just so happens to favour Canelo who has had questionable scorecards in his favour in other fights. Unless it gets uncovered that Byrd took a payment from Canelos team or passes a lie detector test we'll probably never know the truth. It just looks incredibly suspect to me given the history of Canelo fights.
It's consistent with how she scores ,
If it wasn't then there is a case to be made

Also Canelo had a lot of success with his uppercut the first time around, I'd like to see him throw more of those in the rematch. Rooting for GGG but I'm just super intrigued by each guy should do, not do, or keep doing more of for the second fight. And for Canelo one of those things would be <{cuts}>
Didn't team Canelo say the only adjustment they needed to make was activity and stay off ropes?

Didn't team Canelo say the only adjustment they needed to make was activity and stay off ropes?
I don't know, I haven't even watched the 24/7's yet, just haven't gotten to it. I don't think he'll be able to stay off the ropes tho, GGG's just too good at cutting off the ring and even moreso, Canelo is just too naturally inclined to back himself there. He's done it throughout his career and I don't see him stopping now. He can however, do a better job at getting off the ropes once he gets there. Easier said than done, tho, of course.

It's consistent with how she scores ,
If it wasn't then there is a case to be made
And she just happened to score it for Canelo. If that's her usual scoring that just makes her the perfect judge to have in Team Canelo's pocket. Everyone can just pretend it was a normal Byrd crazy score.

The thing about both guys is that each of their strengths counter each other really well. It's why the first fight was good and why this one should be a good time, too.

View attachment 435411 This photo was just posted on Facebook - looks like GGG’s cut is pretty hard already?

He looks like an old man. I'm not sure what he normally looks like a few days out, though. He looked a little drained at the presser, too. Hopefully there's nothing to read in to. I remember Brandon Rios showed up at a presser looking like the ghost of a skeleton and managed to still perform well (by his standards) on fight night.

It's reasonably consistent with the way she has scored in the past. She scores defense too much, imo.
Well.... it's a family thing to really emphasize defensive skills right so....

That said, a draw was OK (although I had it 115-113 GGG if I recall correctly) It was a very good fight, and hopefully the rematch will be Great.

I can't complain about getting to see these to go at it again. Danny Jacobs needs to get a crack at the winner though.

Back