Canelo GGG 2 24/7

my body is ready

I really like Golovkin and perhaps I am biased but imo he got robbed. I really like his style of boxing.

He did not "get robbed" ...the fight was within a hair either direction, result was a draw.

The manufactured personal beef is stupid. These two should just be seeing who is better at fighting because that's the whole point. The added crap is nonsense.

Nobody can say they got robbed when a fight is that close

He did not "get robbed" ...the fight was within a hair either direction, result was a draw.

The manufactured personal beef is stupid. These two should just be seeing who is better at fighting because that's the whole point. The added crap is nonsense.
Hypothetically speaking what if their beef was actually real such as Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank or Barrera and Morales ( I am presuming these were real beefs) what would be so wrong with boxers having real hatred in there hearts? Does it only bother you if the networks try to play up manufactored issues?

Hypothetically speaking what if their beef was actually real such as Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank or Barrera and Morales ( I am presuming these were real beefs) what would be so wrong with boxers having real hatred in there hearts? Does it only bother you if the networks try to play up manufactored issues?

Real hatred is easily recognizable, but I don't think boxing needs to sell that. This sport has a hard enough time not coming off as brutish. But this particular instance is egregiously fake, and it sucks.

This is why I said I am probably biased :)
I cant wait for the 2nd fight. It will be a good one again. I really like how Golovkin box and I really think Canelo has the perfect style to counter Golovkins boxing. It is a very hard match up for GGG. While I guess Canelo would love to fight someone advancing into his counters like Golovkin.

I think respect was lost between canelo and GGG after the doping allegations but it's far from "real" bad blood.

...and I really think Canelo has the perfect style to counter Golovkins boxing.

agree with that. if GGG still has his durability like their first match, there isn't canelo can hurt him with. He might outscore him in a few rounds, but that's about it.

It's 84 bucks on ring tv. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised? Wasn't their first around 60? I can't remember.

Nobody can say they got robbed when a fight is that close
I agree with you I thought canelo edged the first one but it was no stretch to call it for Golovkin and a draw was reasonable.

@Ilk
What do you really like about Golovkins style? Wha5 attracts you to it more than Canelos?

If Canelo worked on his jab defense he'll have an easier time outpointing GGG if Gennady comes in like he did in the first fight, unable to pull the trigger. Though i've seen social media clips of GGG and if they're recent, he looked fresh and spirited on the heavy bag, like a remarkable difference.

wrong sub forum. A mod should move it to "Boxing Discussion".

I agree with you I thought canelo edged the first one but it was no stretch to call it for Golovkin and a draw was reasonable.

@Ilk
What do you really like about Golovkins style? Wha5 attracts you to it more than Canelos?

Well I like how he is like a predator animal. He is hunting. He goes after his opponents non stop, chases them down, surrounds them, then puts them in the corner. Then he will use his power jab as a trigger for reaction like a trap, then they fall in the trap and get a KO punch. The whole strategy is beautiful. His oponents really look like a pray.

I don't believe that this fight goes the distance this go-round.

Yeah I knew you wouldnt do that. No surprise there. Posting a marketing video about an upcoming boxing fight without any further comment or anything else is not "stand up" its boxing discussion and at that quite the lazy thread opening. But well you need to mark your territory I get it so go on with it.

Yeah I knew you wouldnt do that. No surprise there. Posting a marketing video about an upcoming boxing fight without any further comment or anything else is not "stand up" its boxing discussion and at that quite the lazy thread opening. But well you need to mark your territory I get it so go on with it.

This is a major fight in an aspect of one of the foremost arts people discuss and ask about here. And it has been common in my 14 years on this board to have a thread dedicated to a big fight. This video is to show the preparation for competition, which is also something often inquired.

I didn't think I'd need to explain that, but here we are. I don't delete or move threads about MMA fights to the main forum, I don't move threads about kickboxing matches to that forum, I don't see a need to move this one.

Its not me attempting to mark territory here.

Is there another episode?

I miss the old days of 3-4 HBO 24/7 episodes.

BTW the PEDs and that Score card are something that needs to be addressed but seem to just be swept under the rug --- I guess those are the perks of being boxings lastest cash cow.

Is there another episode?

I miss the old days of 3-4 HBO 24/7 episodes.

BTW the PEDs and that Score card are something that needs to be addressed but seem to just be swept under the rug --- I guess those are the perks of being boxings lastest cash cow.

Adelaide Byrd has addressed her scoring individually, as her scores have been consistently her style of scoring. Believe me the Byrd's aren't receiving payoffs, they live fairly modestly here in Vegas.

The PED allegation was vindicated with the passing of the hair test. But I think that was just clever marketing in general, a war to sidestep a contracted date and more manufacture beef...pun intended.

Adelaide Byrd has addressed her scoring individually, as her scores have been consistently her style of scoring. Believe me the Byrd's aren't receiving payoffs, they live fairly modestly here in Vegas.

The PED allegation was vindicated with the passing of the hair test. But I think that was just clever marketing in general, a war to sidestep a contracted date and more manufacture beef...pun intended.
Not disputing your post but

No one outside of her saw the fight that lopsided and living modest does not mean anything.

Also,

40952036_1976426979045005_4814038669524467712_n.jpg

Back