Canelo compared to other greats at age 26!

Overzealous fans exaggerating his place in the sport and its history.

yea....but that's not his fault though, every time something new and shiny comes along, you re going to have those fans....

yea....but that's not his fault though, every time something new and shiny comes along, you re going to have those fans....
Some perspective is necessary.

The ignorance and salt on display itt is hilarious.

Eventually you'll run out of excuses to throw at him because he's the best of a generation and every fight just proves it even more.
Every fight proves it?
So which fight did he officially become the best of a generation? The Gary Russell fight?

Uchiyama, Miura would have been interesting at one point, , Salido.... Why not Berchelt? Probably because he looked too good demolishing the guy Lomachenko wanted to fight.

I think Lomachenko is likely done at feather weight but that division is stacked and he fought no one ranked at the weight, other than Russell. LSC, Mares... You actually have helped me make my argument here.

He would have walked through Mares and LSC with no issues and detractors would have complained about no challenge. Berchelt would be a good shout at SFW. I'd love to see the Salido rematch but if Salido keeps being uncooperative that's not going to happen. Corrales would have been a good fight but he doesn't want anything to do with Lomachenko. Can't say I blame him. Nobody at SFW or FW has a chance against him. I really can't see any fight at those weights where Lomachenko is anything but a massive favourite.

Every fight proves it?
So which fight did he officially become the best of a generation? The Gary Russell fight?
He absolutely humbled Russell but I think the way he just humilated Walters, both good fighters, seemingly without effort really cemented him as one of the greatest. It not only who he beat, it's how he beat them. He now needs a marquee fight against someone like Mikey Garcia and he'll be undoubtedly no.1 P4P. I don't see anyone else walking through good fighters like they don't exist.

Last edited:
Cotto is better than any 3 fighters combined from either of those 2 guys resumes.
at 160? no, not really. Really good win, probably better than any single win, but let's not overstate it

Several. Discrediting a guys entire ( very impressive) resume.
this. Seano this is ridiculous. Loma is 9 fights into his career and he's faced 5 career titlists and beaten four of them impressively. You find everything you can to downplay the man's career but lets look it over: Russel, the future #1 FW, Martinez (a titlist who BEAT Salido), Walters (who looked like a special fighter in the making), and Sosa (who is a solid guy coming off of a good win over Fortuna).

You hold on to this "he ducked Salido" bullshit. You don't even believe it, there's no way. Salido TURNED DOWN the rematch, electing to face another Thai scrub we've never heard about. Hell, when it looked like the rematch would get made you even played that down by saying that Loma was "targetting him when he was old and shopworn" then when it didn't, you called it ducking hte only dangerous fighter in the division. You pointed to Berchelt, who literally just became a titlist. You talk down a fight with Corrales, then you mention an Uchiyama fight as "being one that could have been interesting" when Corrales mopped the floor with Uchi twice. Davis doesn't even want him. Now jumping to fight highly ranked LWs (Linares or Flanagan) is being a coward too. You can't even make up your mind if you think his WSOB fights should count. Hell, even the scrubs on Lomachenko's resume are good: you called Pirinyapanyo a total tomato can, but he was 52-1 when he faced Loma and had fought Chris John. I would never even consider throwing a 2-1 fighter in there with a guy like Pirinyapanyo.

At this point you're just slinging shit and hoping it sticks. This is being a hater. Anything the man does, it's underwhelming cherry picking, and you want something else, but once what you want et's made "fuck that! he's just trying to get this guy when he's looking weak!"

Here's the truth: Loma is not ducking Salido and he never was. Salido doesn't want Loma, period, end of, he's the duck here (and he's earned his right to duck), and so is most of the division. Loma is facing and beating better guys now, than most fighters and he's doing it impressively. Loma isn't cherry picking, he's facing good guys, at worst solid and he's doing this with only 9 fights on his resume.

Last edited:
this. Seano this is ridiculous. Loma is 9 fights into his career and he's faced 5 career titlists and beaten four of them impressively. You find everything you can to downplay the man's career but lets look it over: Russel, the future #1 FW, Martinez (a titlist who BEAT Salido), Walters (who looked like a special fighter in the making), and Sosa (who is a solid guy coming off of a good win over Fortuna).

You hold on to this "he ducked Salido" bullshit. You don't even believe it, there's no way. Salido TURNED DOWN the rematch, electing to face another Thai scrub we've never heard about. Hell, when it looked like the rematch would get made you even played that down by saying that Loma was "targetting him when he was old and shopworn" then when it didn't, you called it ducking hte only dangerous fighter in the division. You pointed to Berchelt, who literally just became a titlist. You talk down a fight with Corrales, then you mention an Uchiyama fight as "being one that could have been interesting" when Corrales mopped the floor with Uchi twice. Davis doesn't even want him. Now jumping to fight highly ranked LWs (Linares or Flanagan) is being a coward too. You can't even make up your mind if you think his WSOB fights should count. Hell, even the scrubs on Lomachenko's resume are good: you called Pirinyapanyo a total tomato can, but he was 52-1 when he faced Loma and had fought Chris John. I would never even consider throwing a 2-1 fighter in there with a guy like Pirinyapanyo.

At this point you're just slinging shit and hoping it sticks. This is being a hater. Anything the man does, it's underwhelming cherry picking, and you want something else, but once what you want et's made "fuck that! he's just trying to get this guy when he's looking weak!"

Here's the truth: Loma is not ducking Salido and he never was. Salido doesn't want Loma, period, end of, he's the duck here (and he's earned his right to duck), and so is most of the division. Loma is facing and beating better guys now, than most fighters and he's doing it impressively. Loma isn't cherry picking, he's facing good guys, at worst solid and he's doing this with only 9 fights on his resume.

It's hard to argue against this , one thing is you definitely can't call loma a duck you really can't.

Just to clarify I mean those talking about Canelo's as well.

Just to clarify I mean those talking about Canelo's as well.
No one is downplaying or discrediting Canelo's resume. But to compare his career to SRL, Mayweather, and Ali is a bit premature, and optimistic, no?

No one is downplaying or discrediting Canelo's resume. But to compare his career to SRL, Mayweather, and Ali is a bit premature, and optimistic, no?
What's so wrong , I don't think anyone is saying his is a srl, Mayweather, Ali because he is a Canelo . And it's interesting to see that when you compare what the greats did at the same age .Canelo is not too far off.

Now it's a matter of what he can do moving forward.

Does it bother you ?

I think a lot of fans romanticize and have revisionist history once a fighter has been retired for a while.
I think its so silly to compare eras. It doesn't matter. Its literally fairytale talk that goes against everything actual fighting stands for. The whole point to this game is to let the fight and hands decide.
Canelo is at the top of this current era period.
-He has a strong resume
-I think hes still only 26
- He skills are top notch
The only knock on him is the GGG fight. And his recent string of pointless fights. But that probably ends after Chavez Jr.
I think a lot of you just love to discredit and over analyze things. Not realizing some of the same things were said at one time about a lot of the greats you dont think he holds a candle to.
Let the kids career play out before you start talking legacy.

Jesus, I don't think this giant essay is necessary because we don't like the same fighter.

Overreact often? "Boo hoo, why doesn't Seano like Lomachenko like I do?"

It's hard to argue against this , one thing is you definitely can't call loma a duck you really can't.
Well, except every other fighter in the same situation is accused of ducking. I guess Lomachenko is exempt for some reason? They avoided Salido, they publicly declined to fight Walters because he didn't have a belt. Watched him look like garbage and made the fight suddenly. Calls out guys who fought Salido but avoids calling out Salido himself.

His competition is not that strong. Be honest, what fight did you think Lomachenko had a chance of losing when you heard it was signed? Did you think Rocky Martinez or Sosa had a shot?

Jesus, I don't think this giant essay is necessary because we don't like the same fighter.

Overreact often? "Boo hoo, why doesn't Seano like Lomachenko like I do?"
I get called a hater by Stuff and fanboy by you, which one is it guys?

truth is somewhere in between. but you ARE a hater and that's obvious to literally everybody

Back