Canelo breakdown of his technique or lack of

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score

Sounds like hyperbole to me , he is just sloppy

Thought I'd post an average girl for a change
9El0z99G1flvMMBVNTiiLFgFtX1rw2IybUHCDwQZ-IdqUljA6ibsZf1wghJ1_9NpnzL887ds1haZD5qMjJfEsPhHZluXi5MWEyDuTjwIuFvZBSVHZykghrX-to2rWHye1OiL8u0=w343-h429-nc

Sounds like hyperbole to me , he is just sloppy

Conelo just uses a hybrid mix of styles, like the Mexican style mixed with Mayweathers shoulder roll, Philly shell, looks like his trainers have been teaching Canelo Floyds style, even before he fought Floyd and tried to use it against Floyd, but Mayweather is to good and a advanced counter puncher and knows the counters to certain traps, Canelo was trying and Floyd set traps for Canelo himself, that Canelo didn't see coming.

But Canelo doesn't have the legs and conditioning to box 12 full rounds like Floyd against GGG because he's not a true middle weight and can't handle the extra weight and gases after 6 rounds, like in their first fight, or maybe he's just to lazy at times and doesn't have that train all day vibe, and don't get tiered like Floyd and other fighters. I think Canelo just doesn't push himself and takes training easy at times and also eats to much after fights and gains to much weight, actually walking around over 200 pounds and it's been documented.

But prime Floyd would make GGG look like Canelo, like when they fought, if Floyd fought GGG prime at 154, book it. Just simply to gifted and boxing ring IQ is superior to everyone, to bad Floyd was to old to test GGG at a catch weight of a 154 pound weight limit at fight night, for the middle weight title

Conelo just uses a hybrid mix of styles, like the Mexican style mixed with Mayweathers shoulder roll, Philly shell, looks like his trainers have been teaching Canelo Floyds style, even before he fought Floyd and tried to use it against Floyd, but Mayweather is to good and a advanced counter puncher and knows the counters to certain traps, Canelo was trying and Floyd set traps for Canelo himself, that Canelo didn't see coming.

But Canelo doesn't have the legs and conditioning to box 12 full rounds like Floyd against GGG because he's not a true middle weight and can't handle the extra weight and gases after 6 rounds, like in their first fight, or maybe he's just to lazy at times and doesn't have that train all day vibe, and don't get tiered like Floyd and other fighters. I think Canelo just doesn't push himself and takes training easy at times and also eats to much after fights and gains to much weight, actually walking around over 200 pounds and it's been documented.

But prime Floyd would make GGG look like Canelo, like when they fought, if Floyd fought GGG prime at 154, book it. Just simply to gifted and boxing ring IQ is superior to everyone, to bad Floyd was to old to test GGG at a catch weight of a 154 pound weight limit at fight night, for the middle weight title
I still feel.he gets sloppy and it's only a matter of time

Canelo sloppy. Got it.

Was pin fucking point accurate sloppily countering GGG's ass all night with power punches, and never looked bothered the entire fight by GGG's power. Even Jacob's with his fast footwork still got KD'd vs GGG. Canelo was comfy back to the ropes against GGG, never bothered ever. That's some sloppy defense right there!!!

Super classy fighter, sloppy my ass.

Canelo is sloppy.....?

Canelo is sloppy.....?
In spots , I don't like his hands down twist waist swivel head to avoid head shots then swing at the waist

Just seems very vulnerable to get tagged hard

In spots , I don't like his hands down twist waist swivel head to avoid head shots then swing at the waist

How come his defense is so good if hes sloppy?

How come his defense is so good if hes sloppy?
Maybe i am seeing it all wrong, when he throws that sig uppercut he drops his guard and then pulls . . seems ripe for a counter.

Am i wrong here?

Maybe i am seeing it all wrong, when he throws that sig uppercut he drops his guard and then pulls . . seems ripe for a counter.

Am i wrong here?
Maybe theres an opening here and there, but sloppy? No chance. Canelo has fought some very high level offensive fighters and hardly ever has a shot really put on him.

He looks like a guy that trains extremely hard to me. I just can't imagine him walking around over 200 pounds between fights. He fights in spurts to punch with maximum speed and power. Floyd fought more conservatively. As for Floyd vs GGG you sure are stacking the odds there for him. When SRR fought above his weight class he just gave up weight. Having GGG cut to 154 would significantly drain him.

Canelo sloppy. Got it.

Was pin fucking point accurate sloppily countering GGG's ass all night with power punches, and never looked bothered the entire fight by GGG's power. Even Jacob's with his fast footwork still got KD'd vs GGG. Canelo was comfy back to the ropes against GGG, never bothered ever. That's some sloppy defense right there!!!

Super classy fighter, sloppy my ass.
@Marc A just hedges his bets. That way he'll avoid a breakdown if Canelo loses. :D

I haven't noticed him doing that when his opponent has his guard up. It's a great way to go to the body when your slipping a punch and can sneak those in without your opponent being in position to counter.

Thought I'd post an average girl for a change
9El0z99G1flvMMBVNTiiLFgFtX1rw2IybUHCDwQZ-IdqUljA6ibsZf1wghJ1_9NpnzL887ds1haZD5qMjJfEsPhHZluXi5MWEyDuTjwIuFvZBSVHZykghrX-to2rWHye1OiL8u0=w343-h429-nc
Interesting. I know some guys love a gigantic ass, but, this is like a whale tail ffs. Top half is unbelievable though.

As for Canelo... he is one of the most fundamentally sound boxers in the game atm. He's not exceedingly fast, nor is he the hardest puncher in the division, yet he's the #1 or #2 guy. That's down to craft, my friend. He is VERY well trained, VERY disciplined, and really a modern master.

He's most at risk when he opens up with combo's, but that's when he's the most amazing to watch.

The segments against GGG where he planted and fired, he was getting the best of it, and he looked incredible.... however, that was also when he was most available to get nailed.

It's a tightrope, and Canelo walks it exceedingly well.

Sancheez believes Canelo is not a true puncher. He views him as being more of a slapper, a fighter who throw slapping combinations to score points during fights. Canelo was never able to seriously hurt opponents like Erislandy Lara or Miguel Cotto in close contests.

“Amir Khan was a lightweight and he got knocked out by [Breidis] Prescott,” Sanchez said to Yahoo Sports. “And you’re going to make it look like a huge deal that he hurt Kirkland? Kirkland hadn’t fought for two years and he gets hurt by everybody. Ishida knocked him out. Who has [Alvarez] knocked out that you could say, ‘Yeah, that was a great KO of a guy who is tough to KO?’

He is definitely not sloppy...he has a mixture of styles which shows boxing iq and maturity, especially considering his resume and hes only 27 YEARS OLD!!!!

Cant think of too many current fighters with a resume like his at this young an age. He lost to Mayweather but:

1- mayweather possibly one of the greatest ever fighters
2- canelo was only 22 or so at the time and how much did he learn from 12 rounds with someone of that calibre

I am not a fan of his outside the ring, but i am under no illusion how much of a quality fighter he is!

canelo doesn't have bad technique, he's actually arguably the best combination puncher in the sport right now and his footwork is generally pretty good technically. Problem is that he's slow on foot and his stamina isn't that great. Couple that with an inconsistent jab and he has his weaknesses, but technique isn't one of them IMO.

He looks like a guy that trains extremely hard to me. I just can't imagine him walking around over 200 pounds between fights. He fights in spurts to punch with maximum speed and power. Floyd fought more conservatively. As for Floyd vs GGG you sure are stacking the odds there for him. When SRR fought above his weight class he just gave up weight. Having GGG cut to 154 would significantly drain him.

He actually gains up to 200 pounds after fights and i believe this is his main problem with his conditioning, having to lose so much weight, but he's still strong as hell.
McGuigan: Khan is Very Ballsy, Canelo Walks Around at 200
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Canel...9N57A7CCE9513EE&form=CONBNT&conlogo=CT3210127

SSR was more of a quick footed boxer, so he could handle the weight disadvantage he had plus Ray had respected power.

Canelo doesn't have the quick footwork SSR and Lenard had and Tommy Hearns was just a bigger man then all of them, when he filled out and naturally put weight on, Canelo just isn't that big size wise and naturally weight wise like James Toney and Tommy H and others.

If Canelo can take GGG"s strength and punching power, why couldn't Floyd who actually was walking Canelo down and exchanging with him, sometimes size and strength can be beaten, if you use quick footwork and better timing and can gain respect of someone like Canelo did to GGG and Floyd did with Canelo, so Floyd beating GGG rather easily at a catch weight of about 155 pounds on fight night is probably everyone"s pick that Mayweather would win.

GGG said he would fight Floyd at 154 or 155 and Floyd said no because of his age and his reflexes actually slowing down, fighters notice these things in sparring and even trainers start to notice certain slippage in quickness and timing problems, but some fighters just ignore them and continue to fight, then start getting hurt and eventually knocked out, by some young up and coming fighter or a nobody, like Horn vs Manny.

I just don't ever see Canelo beating GGG in a fight he's not quick footed enough to doge GGG attack and his conditioning isn't good enough to use quick footwork for 12 rounds.

Canelo only wins if GGG becomes a old fighter overnight and loses his abilities.

I still feel.he gets sloppy and it's only a matter of time

He doesn't get sloppy, Canelo starts losing his legs after round 5 and gets trapped on the ropes, not being able to quickly slide off of them like Floyd did to him and then he's just turning his head away from power punches from GGG or just clinching.

Then Canelo gets his second wind around round 10 and starts throwing power punches, but his legs are not able to keep him going and win the last couple of rounds against GGG.

That's how i saw their fight, with Canelo winning and stealing the first couple of rounds and then his legs go and he's lying on the ropes getting caught with grazing punches and not firing back, then GGG wins the next couple of rounds and Canelo starts his comeback at around the 10 round then starts slowing down again and loses the last 2 rounds, then we get a 2 point win for GGG or a draw.

Back