Canelo Alvarez suspended six months for positive drug tests for clenbuterol

Do we know what the second test was? Who releases the numbers you just said?

Honestly I dont want to speculate but I have been a fan for too long to be so naive.

The second test, three days later, showed levels at about 0.06-0.08 ng/ml, which some who know more than I do have said is consistent with what one would expect (after his test three days earlier showed around 0.6-0.8 ng/ml). Again, this is consistent with meat contamination. Any levels under 1 ng/ml are said to be consistent with meat contamination.

Could it also be consistent with a cheater who has made an error in his cycle?

Okay... thanks for your input

P34xJKD.gif

Right.....

Let’s look at some facts;
Meat contamination in Mexico issomething that has been known for years, it’s nothing new, athletes were aware of it.
Canelo is a millionaire professional athlete with nutritionists and entourage.
He was in preparation for one of the biggest rematches in boxing recently which he ruined.

Now my personal opinion is canelo was cheating and slipped up on his cycle because otherwise it would be scary to be that stupid to consume meat you know has potential to be tainted and ruin one of the biggest matches in recent history specially when you can easily import some special beef and have the local street taco chef make it for you if you so wish , just my two cents.

Without this ban, he was going to fight Golovkin in September. With this ban, he's still going to fight Golovkin in September. It's not much of a punishment and they know it, just a PR thing.

Let’s look at some facts;
Meat contamination in Mexico issomething that has been known for years, it’s nothing new, athletes were aware of it.
Canelo is a millionaire professional athlete with nutritionists and entourage.
He was in preparation for one of the biggest rematches in boxing recently which he ruined.

Now my personal opinion is canelo was cheating and slipped up on his cycle because otherwise it would be scary to be that stupid to consume meat you know has potential to be tainted and ruin one of the biggest matches in recent history specially when you can easily import some special beef and have the local street taco chef make it for you if you so wish , just my two cents.
Import meat that is special? Come on man ...

Most athlete's are not that aware of things like nutrition safety , they trust thier trainers, to think otherwise is naive

It was either a failed cycle or it was the meat depending on which side you are on or what narrative you want to justify it will be the right answer

But this exaggeration of thier goes his legacy from the same people screaming he was overrated in the first place is lol at the very least and disingenuous aka fake

It is Canelo's fault this fight didn't get made , thats for sure.

But it will happen, unless of course the real worry is for these same moral thumpers , is that GGG will get old in September and Canelo will win

GGG won't be taking any dangerous fights for six months, at least.

It was either a failed cycle or it was the meat depending on which side you are on or what narrative you want to justify it will be the right answer

do you think it was a failed cycle or the meat?

GGG won't be taking any dangerous fights for six months, at least.

He's going to murder Vanes in a couple of weeks and probably not fight at all in between I'd guess. Doesn't make sense to risk an unnecessary injury, cut, etc. before another massive payday.

do you think it was a failed cycle or the meat?
I think it's a failed cycle, clen with hgh is what top doctors get you when you want to do it for cosmetic reasons aka look gud ( at least in baja and mexico city)

But I am also fully aware of the meat issue, as was stated the levels look consistant with meat contamination

Import meat that is special? Come on man ...

Most athlete's are not that aware of things like nutrition safety , they trust thier trainers, to think otherwise is naive

But this exaggeration of thier goes his legacy from the same people screaming he was overrated in the first place is lol at the very least and disingenuous aka fake

It is Canelo's fault this fight didn't get made , thats for sure.

But it will happen, unless of course the real worry is for these same moral thumpers , is that GGG will get old in September and Canelo will win

Come on man if a restaurant can import meat, are you really telling me one of his trainers or nutritionists can’t get some ? It’s really not that difficult. Ooo and yea Mexican and other athletes are plenty aware of this since there has been multiple incidents before look it up.

I agree which is why I said my opinion, and I stated some facts to explain how I formed such opinion. I have never discredited him as a fighter, I never thought he was over rated or a horrible fighter though it’s clear he’s been suspiciously favored before. I thought ggg won the first fight and I was really looking forward to the rematch regardless of outcome.

It’s a shame he let this whole thing happen since not only did he take down one of the most anticipated rematch in boxing but also took his legacy and put a giant question mark on it

Come on man if a restaurant can import meat, are you really telling me one of his trainers or nutritionists can’t get some ? It’s really not that difficult. Ooo and yea Mexican and other athletes are plenty aware of this since there has been multiple incidents before look it up.

I agree which is why I said my opinion, and I stated some facts to explain how I formed such opinion. I have never discredited him as a fighter, I never thought he was over rated or a horrible fighter though it’s clear he’s been suspiciously favored before. I thought ggg won the first fight and I was really looking forward to the rematch regardless of outcome.

It’s a shame he let this whole thing happen since not only did he take down one of the most anticipated rematch in boxing but also took his legacy and put a giant question mark on it
Legacy part I doubt it, JCC come out unscathed for crazier stuff

Legacy part I doubt it, JCC come out unscathed for crazier stuff

I don’t know man we’re in a different era and fighters and athletes get scrutinized a lot more than back in the day due to social media and other outlets but yea.

No, its noit quite as simple as that. Buit according to Eichner of SMRTL levels were consistent with contamination, both in that sample and subsequent samples.

you cant just go to mexico and take clenbuterol

the numbers need to match

And usada didnt let yoel off.. and that wasnt for clenbuterol, nor was it a food chain issue, so i dont even get the relevance..

They should have let Yoel off. They acknowledged that the contamination in the supplement was consistent with his blood work, and the supplement was not on their banned list.

Yoel likely accepted the suspension because it would have taken much longer to fight them in arbitration. E.G. Barnett who was exonerated but still lost two years of potential fights.

Marc A knows that some, if not many parts of mexico, is as first world as the United States. imported organic meat is not even close to being a question mark. if clen mexican meat was a legit problem, and canelo knowing the shitstorm that would follow should he test dirty, he wouldve made an effort to easily get imported meat delivered to his front doorstep ala ups or fedex. mexican-based estafeta is every bit as reliable.

i used to live two blocks away from a ferrari dealership, gucci and luis vuitton. imported and organic meat is not a problem in a metropolitan city like guadalajara

I think it's a failed cycle, clen with hgh is what top doctors get you when you want to do it for cosmetic reasons aka look gud ( at least in baja and mexico city)

But I am also fully aware of the meat issue, as was stated the levels look consistant with meat contamination

serendip the absolute shit and at prices about a third or quarter of the US equivalent.

They should have let Yoel off. They acknowledged that the contamination in the supplement was consistent with his blood work, and the supplement was not on their banned list.

Yoel likely accepted the suspension because it would have taken much longer to fight them in arbitration. E.G. Barnett who was exonerated but still lost two years of potential fights.

the supplement although not listed on the usada risk list was certainly high risk.

1) company making it have had trouble in the past

2) the letters RX in the supplement name.. rx being code for Research Chemical.

thats enough for 6 months, because had Yoel done some basic research he would have known to avoid that supplement

its all down to "degree of fault", Yoel was most certainly partly at fault.

Its like tim means and his "hgh-x" supplement.. he is partly at fault because someone should reasonable suspect that something called "hgh-x" would be dodgy

the barnett case is totally different

Josh claims that he not only researched the company, check the risk list, checked the prohoibited list and did google research on the ingredients, but he also kep samples etc..

that is a completely different degree of fault to someone who took "shed-rx" or "hgh-x"

not even comparable cases

Ridiculous. He shouldn't have been suspended at all.

Also LOL @ the NSAC for pretending that it's a legit regulatory body 8 months after it agreed to sanction Mayweather/Mac.
That was a sideshow and not for any type of title.

Back