Canelo Álvarez vs Rocky Fielding confirmed for Dec.15th MSG

Is there any chance Canelo v Callum Smith might get made after this? seeing as Rocky has the "regular" version of Callum's title.

Yeah it's at smw
But for reals 100% at 168? Not a 164 fight that they're calling smw or something silly? I just find this announcement really surprising. Canelo of course became lineal middleweight champion fighting at a 155lbs limit.

I swear, sometimes Oscar rails an 8-ball and just throws darts at a board.

But he is challenging himself by moving up in weight, and he is fighting a champion, and his opponent only has 1 loss.
Exactly this^
Ya'll whiny af. GGG was the man to beat at MW, and he did it.

Anyone that goes up in weight needs a tune up or he's putting himself at an unnecessary big disadvantage.

It would be easy to build up a "revenge hype" for a Smith fight after, considering canelo KO'd him older brother at SWW. Ya'll like that gay drama shit

On one hand, it's exciting and commendable canelo is moving up yet again.
On the other hand, who the fook is that guy?

Canelo is taking an easier super middle weight fight, to test the waters and see if his body and strength can take and hold up fighting at super middle weight, because his body actually grew into a 160 pound fighter and he took GGG power going forward and Canelo is thinking legacy and capturing more belts.

More power to him, but he should take on Charlo and Jacobs first.

I actually think Fielding has a decent chance here. Canelo is an average sized MW. At SMW, he's very small. Fielding getting starched in the first round against Smith tells us very little, as we can see what Smith went on to do. Obviously Canelo is the more skilled, but moving up is never easy and this will now be the third weight class he's fought in.

Isn't he ordered to fight GGG?

I am just surprised he is fighting so soon. His cut looked gnarly.

I'm partly kidding. Charlo is the mandatory for the WBC belt, being that he is the WBC interim champ via knocking out Centeno Jr. in April. Who has the WBC belt right now?

Charlo was GGG's mandatory, however, GGG lost the belt.

Now, the current title holder is going up to fight at Super Middleweight.

I say partly kidding because I do not expect Canelo to fight GGG back to back then fight another hard hitter in Charlo.

However, I'm pissy because I believe it's b.s. that Charlo gets sidelined to let Canelo and GGG have their rematch, then as the mandatory for the belt the WBC determines he gets the loser to presumably determine who gets to fight Canelo. He deserves the belt holder, he wanted GGG when he had the belt. He is essentially fighting for his right to challenge all over again.

I'm partly kidding. Charlo is the mandatory for the WBC belt, being that he is the WBC interim champ via knocking out Centeno Jr. in April. Who has the WBC belt right now?

Charlo was GGG's mandatory, however, GGG lost the belt.

Now, the current title holder is going up to fight at Super Middleweight.

I say partly kidding because I do not expect Canelo to fight GGG back to back then fight another hard hitter in Charlo.

However, I'm pissy because I believe it's b.s. that Charlo gets sidelined to let Canelo and GGG have their rematch, then as the mandatory for the belt the WBC determines he gets the loser to presumably determine who gets to fight Canelo. He deserves the belt holder, he wanted GGG when he had the belt. He is essentially fighting for his right to challenge all over again.

I got you, that makes total sense. I guess we are all a bit surprised by Canelo going to 168. Did anyone see that coming? I know he has some trouble making weight, but he is going to have quite the size disadvantage.

I got you, that makes total sense. I guess we are all a bit surprised by Canelo going to 168. Did anyone see that coming? I know he has some trouble making weight, but he is going to have quite the size disadvantage.

I can see the game plan. I'm optimistic Canelo is going to fight Charlo, granted he makes it past GGG (smh).

Check Rocky Fielding's measurements. Almost identical to Charlo minus the move up in weight. He's listed as an inch taller, and about two inches reach advantage. However, they have similar dimensions.

It could be strategy on the part of Canelo's team, give him a similar look to Charlo before fighting Charlo.

Also, if Charlo beats GGG he becomes a household name. It wasn't my first choice for how this story played out, but I think I understand what's going on.

Canelo can fight anyone and because of his fame no one will turn it down but he still chooses someone most of us aren't even familiar with.

Isn't he ordered to fight GGG?

I am just surprised he is fighting so soon. His cut looked gnarly.

I was just telling my wife that. December is around the corner - I’m surprised his cut will be healed in time to start sparring. Or maybe they aren’t that concerned with the opponent? I know nothing about him tbh

I was just telling my wife that. December is around the corner - I’m surprised his cut will be healed in time to start sparring. Or maybe they aren’t that concerned with the opponent? I know nothing about him tbh

Regardless of the opponent, of they are ranked well, moving up 8 pounds should always be a concern. Would hate to see Canelo make a classic mistake of overlooking a bigger, yet way overlooked opponent.

I know nothing about this opponent, but I also knew nothing of Zahir Raheem, before he best Morales, or SRR before he best Chocolatito. Hell , even Darchinyan vs Donaire. It is one of the classic themes in boxing

That being said, I pick Canelo to win pretty easy.

I've seen Fielding fight a few times, and he has got no business in the ring with Canelo.
He has ZERO chance, and this is a insipid matchup.

Strange move by fielding he has the world in his hands and he chooses a blown up welterweight that’s coming off a controversial dec. against a 40 year old. I wonder if this kid has a shot

2uputd5.jpg

Lol,

Canelo with balls of steel moving up yet again... Rocky us 6'1 and Canelo is 5'8 on a good day.

Boxing+at+Liverpool+Echo+Arena+7-clcJvbRTWl.jpg

Homie is lanky AF, could be a problem.

4zvvnp.jpg
WATCH YOUR MOUTH CABRONES !!

Back