Canadian Special Forces sniper breaks world record in Iraq.

I know it wasn't a 'lucky' shot in the same way that Connor knocking out Aldo wasn't lucky, but man, everything has to line up perfectly for that to connect. 10 second lead time? Take into account the curvature and rotation of the earth? Not to mention variable wind speed in the 3.5 kilometres between shooter and target. It's crazy.

qqqq.png

Why are these people still messing with the West?

3,540 meters.. That's seriously fucking insane. For reference, that's farther than you can sling an HE 60mm mortar or fire the M2 .50 cal at maximum effective range. He literally had to lob that round to hit his target. I know he had a crazy high power scope, but even at that range the target had to be basically a spec in the glass.

The only thing I'm wondering is if he had taken prior shots at that distance from the same target area and dialed it in, or if he just happened to nail that guy on his first shot. I think it would be highly unlikely and incredible for someone to manage that on a single shot.

The Canadians are obviously putting their sniper teams stationary up in eagles nests high up for long periods.

The previous record it took him about ten shots and he had to aim super high after reaching the maximum adjustment on his scope.

That's the first bit of news involving Canada that isn't so goddamn embarrassing in what seems like ages. Good for him.

In a hundred years, guys are gonna be setting records by shooting around the curvature of the planet and accounting for it.

In all seriousness, impressive shot

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are surprised to see Canada taking 3 of the top 4.

I'm surprised by seeing Saudi Arabia on the list! I wonder who he paid to take the shot for him?

Gotta love those Mac T50s. I have only been to a hunting trip once just tagging along and these fuckers don't play around. Most impressive part is one of my friend hitting a deer with a crossbow...

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are surprised to see Canada taking 3 of the top 4.

I'm surprised by seeing Saudi Arabia on the list! I wonder who he paid to take the shot for him?
1469380851-giphy.gif

That's impressive, apparently it was recorded on camera too. Would love to see it!

McMillan Tac-50 Only $15,000! I think I might get one... :eek:

They all use the same McGregor Tac-50 rifle. No doubt it's precision would be very precise.

I wonder what other world records there are for killings? That guy who dropped the atomic bomb must hold a WR.

In a hundred years, guys are gonna be setting records by shooting around the curvature of the planet and accounting for it.

In all seriousness, impressive shot
Lol at this hack implying that the world is a sphere.

Back