Canadian Sikh defence minister wants "justice to be done " for 1984 Sikh massacre in India

His voting territory is likely made up predominantly of his own ethnicity, so of course this is a way he can 'Sikh' their votes

TS, when you're deployed 4 times -- and wounded in the likes of Bosnia and Afghanistan -- on behalf of Canada, and spend 11 years on the Canadian police force, THEN TALK SHIT. Otherwise, shut your face. The man has earned his right to say whatever he goddamned pleases and has done more for this country than you ever will.

Also: I love that you take him to task for "speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada" yet the first link you posted in is French. The irony.

P.S. Sajjan's award record in the Canadian military -- yours?

Order of Military Merit (OMM)
  • Officer October 17, 2012
  • Invested June 20, 2014
  • [19]
Meritorious Service Medal (MSM)
  • Awarded August 22, 2012
  • Military Division
South-West Asia Service Medal
  • With Clasp "AFGHANISTAN"
General Campaign Star
  • South West Asia Ribbon
  • 2 Rotation Bars
Mentioned in dispatches
  • Awarded June 4, 2008
NATO Service Medal
  • Former Yugoslavia
Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal
Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
  • Canadian Version of this Medal
  • [20]
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
  • Canadian Version of this Medal
  • [21]
Canadian Forces Decoration (CD)
  • 1 Clasp
Commendation Medal
Chief of Defence Staff Commendation
Deputy Minister Award

What exactly has he done for his country?

I've read the list of awards, but how did Canada benefit from this guy?

What did Canada gain from spending resources in Bosnia and Afganistan?

I agree with TS, Canada should not waste any time on worrying about things that happened in India.

Canada First!

no i already knew all that...

still trying to figure out why events from the 80s are being discussed in modern political discourse, particularly as it relates to foreign affairs.

It's 2017 my dude. not 1991

perhaps there are other issues more pertinent to Canada, and certainly India right now....just saying

Why wouldnt events from back then be discussed now? Shit from the past is discussed all the time in political discourse. Nobody has the same attitude when iran denies the holocaust and rightfully so. i honestly dont know what your gripe is here other than you just want to gripe about a guy with a beard and turban being canada's defence minister lol

I agree with TS, Canada should not waste any time on worrying about things that happened in India.

Canada First!

Ya! Especially when those events got almost 270 canadians killed. Or do you even consider those people canadian?

Why wouldnt events from back then be discussed now? Shit from the past is discussed all the time in political discourse. Nobody has the same attitude when iran denies the holocaust and rightfully so. i honestly dont know what your gripe is here other than you just want to gripe about a guy with a beard and turban being canada's defence minister lol
Where in the literal f did i complain about his religion or apperance

Thats a bold faced lie

So what now? Is there going to be payback? Revenge? Resurrection?

Go on...

What? No. There are hundreds of people in india waiting trial for the atrocities that happened during the riots and there is suppose to be an investigation. Those people that died have family members in canada.

Holy fuck this is some super basic shit lol

So sick of people who come here and don't give two shits about this country and just want to talk about the country they fled from all day. Go back there then! We don't need you!

This country is such a mockery. Can someone explain to me how this is Canada's business ?

This Sikh minister is speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada, the country that he is supposed to represent.

Just another example of the bad joke that is multiculturalism.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1029086/harjit-sajjan-visite-inde-emeute-violente-sikhs

related news in English

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sajjan-india-massacre-1.4076467
Where does the Defence minister say he wants "justice to be done"? Its not in the English article, in fact this is
Sajjan, who immigrated to Canada from India with his family when he was five years old, downplayed any tension brought about by the motion's passage on April 6, but also sought to put distance between the federal and provincial wings of the Liberal Party.

"We had to remind my counterparts that, one, (the Ontario Legislature) is a provincially, democratically-elected body," Sajjan said. "It was a private member's motion. The Liberal Party of Ontario is not the federal Liberal Party."
Where he basically admits to distancing himself from the Ontario motion because it could potentially cause friction between him and his Indian counterparts as it already has. But maybe the quote you say he said is in the French article.

@Kafir-kun where have you been
Doing things marginally more productive than posting on this forum.

Which reminds me, what am I still doing here? I gotta leave while I still have the chance lest I find myself stuck here again!

Doing things marginally more productive than posting on this forum.

Which reminds me, what am I still doing here? I gotta leave while I still have the chance lest I find myself stuck here again!
All my favorite undercover Muslims disappear. First Obama now Kafir Kun.
Also you can post here while you're doing productive thing like during work or college.

*things, can't edit my post wtf

All my favorite undercover Muslims disappear. First Obama now Kafir Kun.
Also you can post here while you're doing productive thing like during work or college.
I do post here while doing other things on the side but I'm still usually less productive. There has been times where, while having to type a paper of x words, I've far surpassed any term paper word minimum in back and forth discussions here. Used to be worth it but over the last year this place has gone to shit.

Where does the Defence minister say he wants "justice to be done"? Its not in the English article, in fact this is

Where he basically admits to distancing himself from the Ontario motion because it could potentially cause friction between him and his Indian counterparts as it already has. But maybe the quote you say he said is in the French article.

It s in the caption of the French article.

I'm from the same state of Punjab as this minister...The chief minister in Punjab did not meet this Canadian defense minister when he recently visited punjab because of alleged sympathies to a separatist movement in punjab during the 80's and 90's which deployed terrorism. That movement was successfully squashed in early 90's and people are finally living in peace. We dont need this canadian defense minister igniting those same old wounds, go talk about the massacre of natives in Canada and leave Punjab alone.

I grew up around Canadians and thought everything I was doing was Canadian. Now all of a sudden I have no identity or country and I'm surrounded by people that are from a different country with different interests. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

And this isn't just a Canadian issue. It's happening to multiple countries.
you sure do have a identity RIPWarrior, that identity is of a person who is a complainer. I think your scapegoating immigrants to cover your own failures as facing your own reality is a hard pill to swallow.

Federal politicians always comment on the goings-on in other countries... it's kinda part of their job. So I don't see the big deal here.

Big difference between talking about foreign affairs, and demanding your adopted country do something about an injustice another country undertook 33 years ago.

What exactly has he done for his country?

I've read the list of awards, but how did Canada benefit from this guy?

What did Canada gain from spending resources in Bosnia and Afganistan?

Canada First!

Oy... oy vey.

53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

This thread is profoundly stupid. Dude is the baddest of bad-ass motherfuckers who had his brothers-in-arms die in his hands, but... he's a Paki, so fuck him.

Last edited:
you sure do have a identity RIPWarrior, that identity is of a person who is a complainer. I think your scapegoating immigrants to cover your own failures as facing your own reality is a hard pill to swallow.

You're so desperate like all the other hive drones. Wild assumptions and character attacks. Do you even know what I am talking about and have been bringing to light for everyone to see? I'm not the only one posting about it either.

No you simple drone no one likes becoming a minority in their own country and wants to see their people turn into weak and pathetic creatures. You're just a bitter immigrant to me and can't stand to see smart people resisting the bullshit that is happening in many countries. There are many others that see the exact same thing I do.

I know you hate being reminded what a pawn you are so you keep thinking I'm blaming immigrants for something and you don't even say what exactly I'm blaming them for. All you drones have said the same shit about me for years. As if that's going to stop me and more evidence from being produced that shows how twisted this agenda is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back