Canadian Sikh defence minister wants "justice to be done " for 1984 Sikh massacre in India | Page 4

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by KBE6EKCTAH_CCP, Apr 20, 2017.

1. TheGreatA Brown Belt

TheGreatA
    Is that not the exact message your current, democratically elected prime minister of Canada is putting out? Is he wrong? Does he not properly represent the Canadian people to the world?

Then you should probably try to figure out a way to vote him out of power.

2. Sebchenier Mirabile dichtu, don't you agree?

Sebchenier
    What the hell do you mean by that?

3. irish_thug Gold Belt

irish_thug
    Unfortunately our prime minister agrees with them

sangreporsangre likes this.
  4. dontsnitch Gold Belt

dontsnitch
    The progressivism that Trudeau is known for is not really representative of Canadian culture, at least not traditionally. Prioritizing identity politics is also far less fitting in Canada than the US, and the act of pushing these ideologies always comes out a bit forced, IMO.

pcptornado, RIPWarrior and 2DUM2TAP like this.
  5. wlu.29 Purple Belt

wlu.29

doesn't count because wearing a turban means he only cares about other turbans

....sarcasm

6. Sebchenier Mirabile dichtu, don't you agree?

Sebchenier
    20% of your population is a sizable amount. And the French arrived and settled in Canada before the English and thus are a very important contributor to Canadian heritage.

7. irish_thug Gold Belt

irish_thug
    Read this as Canadian Sith Defense Minister.

8. TheGreatA Brown Belt

TheGreatA
    I would hope to hell it isn't, because there's not going to be a Canada in 50 years, if it were.

Not saying that Canada is worthless, in fact, I'd argue the exact opposite. I believe that such a prospering, healthy society is worthy of being maintained for centuries to come. But over the years I've began to see that there's definitely an element to Canada, that I believe derives from its awkward relationship to America, which looks down on its nose on the kind of overt patriotism, traditionalism and exceptionalism that we've come to expect out of Americans.

Unfortunately, this element of the Canadian society, is currently being utilized as a way to disintegrate Canadian identity and to push leftist politics, by applying this distaste that Canadians already possess against "patriotic fervor", to every sort of attempt to preserve Canada's distinct qualities. If this is successful, then within a few generations there will be no one left arguing against Canada being a "post-national state with no core identity", as Mr. Trudeau put it.

9. dontsnitch Gold Belt

dontsnitch
    I agree that there is a shift, or at least a threat of a change, but we're not anywhere near the level of the US when it comes to identity politics or even general strife. What the future has is store is a different story, but as of now, we're okay, despite what Trudeau portrays.

I'll also say that I've traveled quite a bit, and Canada is one of the best places to live in. If I had a choice, I'd probably live on the Canadian west coast.

pcptornado likes this.
  10. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho

HunterSdVa29
    ya, we will all get right on that

RIPWarrior likes this.
  11. fdswer Purple Belt

fdswer

Oh shut up

12. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho

HunterSdVa29
    his military record has exactly jack and shit to do w/ his views on a historical event in another country FFS

don't be ridiculous. I didn't ask Dakota Meyer's views on Israel when i spoke to him recently, b/c it's irrelevant

or brian stann should opine on shit during UFC commentaries, right?
    edit not to take away from his personal achievements, just why should even care what he thinks about an event in India in the 80s? purely b/c he's siekh? or does the Canadian defense minister somehow have purview over India's domestic affairs?

what am i missing here?

pcptornado and KBE6EKCTAH_CCP like this.
  13. 2DUM2TAP Red Belt

2DUM2TAP
    On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    Not from what I can see. I play hockey in Brampton. A place famous for its Indian, and Pakistani population. Lots of Hindu, Sikh, and Muslims. It's pretty cool to hit the arena and see all sorts of cultures getting into hockey. (I have wondered what they do with their hair and wraps when it comes to putting on their helmets) It's pretty good to see people enjoying music festivals around here. (You should have seen the celebrations for The Tragically Hip's farewell tour last summer). You see all sorts of cultures taking part in Canada day, getting into the outdoors, hitting cottages for long weekends.

We have a world class gay pride parade here, Carabanna festival, the second largest china town in NA. Multiculturalism is part of Canada, where we have things that are exclusively part of Canadian culture, and where we embrace other peoples cultures when it makes sense. We have been multi cultural from the get go with British and French people living together. Basically give us a reason to party and we will do it. You should see the danforth in greek town in the summer.

14. 2DUM2TAP Red Belt

2DUM2TAP
    On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    And it's one of the best parts of Canada. Quebec is an awesome place to go to summer or winter.

15. tramendous Black Belt

tramendous
    Maybe because the are shit tn of indian and sikh canadians? If it was an armenian defence minister visiting turkey and asking justice for armenian genocide would you react the same way? Because this type of shit happens all the time lol

Kafir-kun likes this.
  16. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Arrow sash belt with Lederhosen

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
    I would react exactly the same way.

17. tramendous Black Belt

tramendous

Lol broo i lived in brampton for a long while.

Something tells me i wouldnt see a sherdog thread on it

18. tramendous Black Belt

tramendous
    What youre missing is basic history. People in India are accusing him of being a Sikh separatist. Canada and India are trying to strengthen military ties and some sikh canadians want him to get india to prosecute or investigate atrocities against Sikhs in the 1980s. One Ontario mp labelled it a genocide and the defence minister then had to separate himself from that stating that in canada we have freedom of speech and that mp's views doesnt reflect that of the federal government. The conflict that is being discussed has direct ties with canada because those course of events resulted in the 1980s plane bombing where 380 canadians died.

People here are extremely ignorant and celebrate it with arrogance.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Kafir-kun and JohnnySagebrush like this.
  19. Boost6 Banned

Boost6
    You really are not, the economy is to heavily reliant on housing. If that shit goes you are in a world of hurt way worse then the end of the 1980s.

dontsnitch likes this.
  20. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho

HunterSdVa29
    no i already knew all that...

still trying to figure out why events from the 80s are being discussed in modern political discourse, particularly as it relates to foreign affairs.

It's 2017 my dude. not 1991

perhaps there are other issues more pertinent to Canada, and certainly India right now....just saying