Canadian Sikh defence minister wants "justice to be done " for 1984 Sikh massacre in India

Federal politicians always comment on the goings-on in other countries... it's kinda part of their job. So I don't see the big deal here.

Federal politicians always comment on the goings-on in other countries... it's kinda part of their job. So I don't see the big deal here.

Oh so it's as simple as that, then, isn't it ?

You don't find it remarkable at all ?

This country is such a mockery. Can someone explain to me how this is Canada's business ?

This Sikh minister is speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada, the country that he is supposed to represent.

Just another example of the bad joke that is multiculturalism.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1029086/harjit-sajjan-visite-inde-emeute-violente-sikhs

related news in English

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sajjan-india-massacre-1.4076467

It is obvious that a lot of people do not see Canada as their home country. It is just a place for them to get a job (or simply take advantage of the welfare programs) and complain about how racist and oppressive it is. I question how willing a lot of immigrants are to defend Canada if we are ever forced into a position of war.

I'm getting a little tired of the "Canada Last" attitude the government and many people in this country have.

Stuff like this crops up because of the Sikh diaspora. They aren't likely to get over all the shit that went on any time soon, regardless of where they are now.

Wouldn't it be cool if Canada just randomly declared war on India and then started kicking their ass?
I dunno if "cool" is the word I would use there
I've been to India, and believe me.... those people couldn't possibly need their asses kicked any more than life has already done to so many of them. It's a place both fascinating and fucked up.

I've been to India, and believe me.... those people couldn't possibly need their asses kicked any more than life has already done to so many of them. It's a place both fascinating and fucked up.

Stop being such a liberal pussy.

You know what I mean.

<{hmmm}>

Trudeau: Wait, what? I thought this guy was Muslim, that's why I hired him.

TS, when you're deployed 4 times -- and wounded in the likes of Bosnia and Afghanistan -- on behalf of Canada, and spend 11 years on the Canadian police force, THEN TALK SHIT. Otherwise, shut your face. The man has earned his right to say whatever he goddamned pleases and has done more for this country than you ever will.

Also: I love that you take him to task for "speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada" yet the first link you posted in is French. The irony.

P.S. Sajjan's award record in the Canadian military -- yours?

Order of Military Merit (OMM)
  • Officer October 17, 2012
  • Invested June 20, 2014
  • [19]
Meritorious Service Medal (MSM)
  • Awarded August 22, 2012
  • Military Division
South-West Asia Service Medal
  • With Clasp "AFGHANISTAN"
General Campaign Star
  • South West Asia Ribbon
  • 2 Rotation Bars
Mentioned in dispatches
  • Awarded June 4, 2008
NATO Service Medal
  • Former Yugoslavia
Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal
Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
  • Canadian Version of this Medal
  • [20]
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
  • [21]
Canadian Forces Decoration (CD)
  • 1 Clasp
Commendation Medal
Chief of Defence Staff Commendation
Deputy Minister Award
In return he will get a good pension, good healthcare program, live in one of the best Countries in the world right now....Do you think Canada still owes him bigly? Just posting as a concerned taxpayer 'is all....

It is obvious that a lot of people do not see Canada as their home country. It is just a place for them to get a job (or simply take advantage of the welfare programs) and complain about how racist and oppressive it is. I question how willing a lot of immigrants are to defend Canada if we are ever forced into a position of war.

I'm getting a little tired of the "Canada Last" attitude the government and many people in this country have.

Yes, precisely. It's really just a place where they live but aside from that don't feel a connection to it.

And then this type of behaviour is encouraged by politicians (fits the "Post-National State" pretty well if you ask me ; i.e. being a citizen of Canada equals being a citizen of the world).

Most people I know from India are good people and peace loving. Intelligent and some women are really hot. And then I have met some odd ones as well. Some of them like to show off extravagant stuff like cars and nice houses - for a day meaning they rent them. The food is one of the best I've had next to greek.

Most people I know from India are good people and peace loving. Intelligent and some women are really hot. And then I have met some odd ones as well. Some of them like to show off extravagant stuff like cars and nice houses - for a day meaning they rent them. The food is one of the best I've had next to greek.
That food is fuckin legiiiiiiit

Canada has no identity outside of, what, hockey? And being "open-minded"? It is not surprising that foreigners merely see it as unclaimed territory, to exert their influence upon.

It is going to be a big problem, since the immigrants do have this identity (which the Canadians don't), which gives them greater strength and a clearer vision with which to pursue their objectives. And that is why Canada will eventually be molded to resemble the strongest group, whether it is Muslim, Sikh or whatever. Because there is certainly nothing "Canadian" that appears to be worth sustaining, for the coming centuries. Like all other such "garbage bin" states (Yugoslavia and such), it will go down in history as a blip on the radar, leaving little history behind, with no distinct culture or traditions of its own.

The only way a state such as Canada can continue to exist, is if it takes active measures to break down collective groups into easily ruled individuals. But they are not doing that, instead, they are encouraging the opposite.

Last edited:
TS, when you're deployed 4 times -- and wounded in the likes of Bosnia and Afghanistan -- on behalf of Canada, and spend 11 years on the Canadian police force, THEN TALK SHIT. Otherwise, shut your face. The man has earned his right to say whatever he goddamned pleases and has done more for this country than you ever will.

Also: I love that you take him to task for "speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada" yet the first link you posted in is French. The irony.

P.S. Sajjan's award record in the Canadian military -- yours?

Order of Military Merit (OMM)
  • Officer October 17, 2012
  • Invested June 20, 2014
  • [19]
Meritorious Service Medal (MSM)
  • Awarded August 22, 2012
  • Military Division
South-West Asia Service Medal
  • With Clasp "AFGHANISTAN"
General Campaign Star
  • South West Asia Ribbon
  • 2 Rotation Bars
Mentioned in dispatches
  • Awarded June 4, 2008
NATO Service Medal
  • Former Yugoslavia
Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal
Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
  • [20]
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
  • [21]
Canadian Forces Decoration (CD)
  • 1 Clasp
Commendation Medal
Chief of Defence Staff Commendation
Deputy Minister Award
Tbf Bosnia and Afghanistan wars netted Canada absolutely nothing. You make it seem like the dude was a WWII medic who saved 10,000 people.

Oh so it's as simple as that, then, isn't it ?

You don't find it remarkable at all ?

Pretty much and no I don't find it remarkable at all... and I'm not a Liberal supporter.

Canada–India relations, or Indo-Canadian relations, are the longstanding bilateral relations between Canada and the Republic of India, which are built upon a "mutual commitment to democracy", "pluralism", and "people-to-people links", according to the government of Canada.

Both are former British colonies and full members of the Commonwealth of Nations, with Canada being home to one of the largest Indian diasporas in the world.

Canada has no identity outside of, what, hockey? And being "open-minded"? It is not surprising that foreigners merely see it as unclaimed territory, to exert their influence upon.

It is going to be a big problem, since the immigrants do have this identity (which the Canadians don't), which gives them greater strength and a clearer vision with which to pursue their objectives. And that is why Canada will eventually be molded to resemble the strongest group, whether it is Muslim, Sikh or whatever. Because there is certainly nothing "Canadian" that appears to be worth sustaining, for the coming centuries. Like all other such "garbage bin" states (Yugoslavia and such), it will go down in history as a blip on the radar, leaving little history behind, with no distinct culture or traditions of its own.

The only way a state such as Canada can continue to exist, is if it takes active measures to break down collective groups into easily ruled individuals. But they are not doing that, instead, they are encouraging the opposite.

Holy shit do you actually believe that? Yeah Canadians after work just sit there in a chair with blank emotionless expressions on their faces when hockey is not on. What is it about other cultures that are worth sustaining and worth importing to Canada?

What is it about other cultures that are worth sustaining and worth importing to Canada?

I don't think he said they are. Just mentioned how sad it will be to see a great country go to shit in the coming centuries.

Back