Canadian Sikh defence minister wants "justice to be done " for 1984 Sikh massacre in India

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
You think you've got it bad, wait until every taxi driver is Indian.

On a serious note though, if it is effecting the ability to properly represent your country not just his electorate that voted him in questions need to be asked.

Half naked women get thousands of upvotes but how many can this BASED Sikh get? Let's show him some love pedes!

On a serious note though, if it is effecting the ability to properly represent your country not just his electorate that voted him in questions need to be asked.

Obviously it is affecting this ability as the man is mixing up his Sikh roots and his presumed country Canada.

But even then, it is simply a symbolic question of who you are representing, and no you cannot represent both.

Obviously it is affecting this ability as the man is mixing up his Sikh roots and his presumed country Canada.

But even then, it is simply a symbolic question of who you are representing, and no you cannot represent both.

Quite true, to represent both he would need to represent a 3rd party who is the mediator. This he is not.

Personally have no problems with any citizen who is duely elected holding any post but they must always represent the country who elected them.....if not sack them.

What are the politics within Canada that led to him being sent there? Seems a bit clumsy to me or was you prime minister trying to send a message.

This Sikh minister is speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada, the country that he is supposed to represent.

TS, when you're deployed 4 times -- and wounded in the likes of Bosnia and Afghanistan -- on behalf of Canada, and spend 11 years on the Canadian police force, THEN TALK SHIT. Otherwise, shut your face. The man has earned his right to say whatever he goddamned pleases and has done more for this country than you ever will.

Also: I love that you take him to task for "speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada" yet the first link you posted in is French. The irony.

P.S. Sajjan's award record in the Canadian military -- yours?

Order of Military Merit (OMM)
  • Officer October 17, 2012
  • Invested June 20, 2014
  • [19]
Meritorious Service Medal (MSM)
  • Awarded August 22, 2012
  • Military Division
South-West Asia Service Medal
  • With Clasp "AFGHANISTAN"
General Campaign Star
  • South West Asia Ribbon
  • 2 Rotation Bars
Mentioned in dispatches
  • Awarded June 4, 2008
NATO Service Medal
  • Former Yugoslavia
Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal
Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
  • Canadian Version of this Medal
  • [20]
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
  • [21]
Canadian Forces Decoration (CD)
  • 1 Clasp
Commendation Medal
Chief of Defence Staff Commendation
Deputy Minister Award

Last edited:
TS, when you're deployed 4 times -- and wounded in the likes of Bosnia and Afghanistan -- on behalf of Canada, and spend 11 years on the Canadian police force, THEN TALK SHIT. Otherwise, shut your face. The man has earned his right to say whatever he goddamned pleases and has done more for this country than you ever will.

Also: I love that you take him to task for "speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada" yet the first link you posted in is French. The irony is grand.

P.S. Sajjan's award record in the military --- yours?

• Invested June 20, 2014
  • [19]
  • Military Division
General Campaign Star
  • South West Asia Ribbon
  • 2 Rotation Bars
Mentioned in dispatches
  • Awarded June 4, 2008
NATO Service Medal
  • Former Yugoslavia
  • [20]
  • [21]
  • 1 Clasp
Commendation Medal
Deputy Minister Award

Just in general:

no past accomplishments should keep a politician from the scrutiny of the citizens of the country he represents.

also many canadiens speak french.

I really don't know enough about this though for an opinion on his actions yet. If he is doing his duty for his country and not using their resources for the duty of another country, then he is certainly entitled to his opinion.

Also: I love that you take him to task for "speaking in the name of his own community and not in the name of Canada" yet the first link you posted in is French. The irony.

• Invested June 20, 2014
  • [19]
  • Military Division
General Campaign Star
  • South West Asia Ribbon
  • 2 Rotation Bars
Mentioned in dispatches
  • Awarded June 4, 2008
NATO Service Medal
  • Former Yugoslavia
  • [20]
  • [21]
  • 1 Clasp
Commendation Medal
Deputy Minister Award

All this is irrelevant to this thread, thanks for stopping by.

Oh and on the French part, I am not representing anyone and French is one of Canada's official language.

I hope you are not as useless in life as you are ITT.

We've got that in Vancouver.

All this is irrelevant to this thread, thanks for stopping by.

You're claiming he's not a proper Canadian or against Canadian interests. He was a fucking lieutenant-colonel in the Canadian army who did four tours. I suppose if he were Jewish or Armenian you'd be having a fit about him wanting a genocide called a genocide? The Indian population here is huge and he gives a shit about it. The horror!

Oh and on the French part, I am not representing anyone and French is one of Canada's official language.

There are two languages and you/French-speakers are WAY in the minority. But no, we should accommodate you and your interests and not he and his.

I hope you are not as useless in life as you are ITT.

I manage to get by, subsisting on calling the likes of your dumbass on your bullshit.

You're claiming he's not a proper Canadian or against Canadian interests. He was a fucking lieutenant-colonel in the Canadian army who did four tours. I suppose if he were Jewish or Armenian you'd be having a fit about him wanting a genocide called a genocide? The Indian population here is huge and he gives a shit about it. The horror!

There are two languages and you/French-speakers are WAY in the minority. But no, we should accommodate you and your interests and not he and his.

I manage to get by, subsisting on calling the likes of your dumbass on your bullshit.

You are pretty awesome at missing the point, but I won't argue with you.

You seem more concerned about French bashing and about stupid symbols like "but he s a canadian hero" than adressing the point here, which is that he fails at his job representing Canada due to the fact that he is concerned about his ancestry.

You are pretty awesome at missing the point

You're pretty good at missing irony.

he fails at his job representing Canada due to the fact that he is concerned about his ancestry.

Dude. YOU are preserving your "ancestry" by posting in French, a minority language.

Who gives a shit if he wants an Indian genocide to be recognized as such? How are that and being Canadian mutually exclusive? And how does it effect you IN THE SLIGHTEST?

The man's resume for Minister of Defence is beyond reproach. That he wants a genocide -- especially given that he fucking fought on the ground, on behalf of Canada, against one in Yugoslavia -- recognized...

Oh forget it.

You're pretty good at missing irony.

Dude. YOU are preserving your "ancestry" by posting in French, a minority language.

Who gives a shit if he wants an Indian genocide to be recognized as such? How are that and being Canadian mutually exclusive? And how does it effect you IN THE SLIGHTEST?

The man's resume for Minister of Defence of Canada is beyond reproach. That he wants a genocide -- especially given that he fucking fought on the ground, on behalf of Canada, against one in Yugoslavia -- recognized...

Oh forget it.

There are many people whose ideas I dislike here, but I never questioned their intelligence.

You do strike me as someone of rather weak intellect.

Really let's forget it.

• Invested June 20, 2014
  • [19]
  • Military Division
General Campaign Star
  • South West Asia Ribbon
  • 2 Rotation Bars
Mentioned in dispatches
  • Awarded June 4, 2008
NATO Service Medal
  • Former Yugoslavia
  • [20]
  • [21]
  • 1 Clasp
Commendation Medal
Deputy Minister Award

Where did this massacre take place? Who conducted this massacre? What does he expect Canada to do about it?

Off topic: Oh and his military service got nothing on mine.

Where did this massacre take place? Who conducted this massacre? What does he expect Canada to do about it?

Off topic: Oh and his military service got nothing on mine.
He's a defense minister, it's a motion that was passed by the Ontario Legislature that a genocide took place in India in 1984. I have no clue how the defense Minsiter backing a motion passed by his government is somehow construed to him not working for his government because he is backing their position on the issue.

Am I missing something in what I'm reading?

We've got that in Vancouver.

After being ripped off and scammed over and over I decided the next one I got and if he ripped me off as well I would never get into a taxi with an Indian again. Cut a long story short he was the best cabby I had had in Perth, told him the story so he would tell his mates.

Had an African cabby from there tell me he's had the same even when they knew he was a cabby as well. I didn't get it but I reckon this bloke nailed it. He said its the cultural casting they grow up with, combine that with the arrogance a lot of them can have and they need to prove they're smarter than you. Even if its to slow down to try and catch a future red light or to pretend to misunderstand you and take the wrong exit, small or big he just wants proof he's better than you. Thought about all the interactions I had seen or had with them and had to agree.

The woman on the other hand are generally the exact opposite and make awesome doctors/nurses. They're part of the problem as they usually spoil the sons very badly and they are raised to think they're special.

Back