Canadian sherbros are you embarrassed by the royals?

I do think the queen shouldn't be on our money

Since 1980-something we were officially a real country with full sovereignty (how sad it too so long)

But her face is still on our shit

We should take her off and replace it with beavers, maple syrup, hockey pucks and bacon

I find them to be a completely useless people, everyother first world country did away with the monarchy yet were stuck with these shits as some sort of retarded symbolic bullshit.

The conservative party has been a little more traditional with the Royals, while the liberals as usual drive in reverse over everything the conservatives want so the liberals act like they don't want to keep that part of our history.

Most of us like the Queen, but don't like Charles and don't care too much about the royal family all together. We know that they have no real power over us so it's sort of a celebrity thing.

I swore my oath tothe queen when I joined the military and not on the bible.

I don't give a shit about the British monarchs. They're just symbolic figures without actual power. The thing that rustles me is how many "royal watchers" there are when Prince William and Kate visited two weeks ago. Get a life you bums!

Probably for the queen's representatives , governor general and what not
You know what pisses me off the most about the governor general? As soon as they are appointed they get the Canadian Forces Decoration Medal. This is given to members who serve 12 years and have good conduct. They are constantly late getting them out too (mine wasn't presented until in my 14th year). And the GG just gets it automatically.

it seems none care, but what about in Quebec? do they like having the British Queen on their money? (I'm assuming they don't have different currency in that province, never been there only BC)

The only thing we care about on our money is the numbers in the corner

If it came to a vote would Canadians do away with it?

I do think the queen shouldn't be on our money

Since 1980-something we were officially a real country with full sovereignty (how sad it too so long)

1982, actually.

I really dont care. Its the history of the country. I have no allegiance to the royals and dont think they should be part of our system. But i really dont care.

This is what came to mind for me as well. They don't have their own founding fathers like we do?

Ummm, actually we do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fathers_of_Confederation

Charlottetown_Conference_Delegates%2C_September_1864.JPG

Back