Canadian sherbros are you embarrassed by the royals?

I'm not lying when I say this, I flip over every coin and 20$ I receive so I don't have to look at it.

Embarrassed? No, I never even think of them. In fact, the only time those inbreeders enter my consciousness is when they come for a visit and fuck with traffic.

we were basically told by the brits to gain our own Constitution -- and it took us until 1982 to do so. A full 115 years after we were founded.

Canada was basically a 40 year old child finally being told to leave home -- no wonder we insist on keeping pictures of Mommy in our wallets.

Embarrassed? No, I never even think of them. In fact, the only time those inbreeders enter my consciousness is when they come for a visit and fuck with traffic.
Pretty much. They could all die in a firey plane crash and aside from the obvious bs of it being splattered all over the news for weeks on end I'd be thinking "cool, less bs when they come over".

Don't really care

Has no real material impact on my life

Yes they are treated as celebrities by most, although I think there is more power to the British Crown than most think.

Vacuous nonesense. No surprise here.

For the OP, it used to been as a differentiator from the US. Evolution not revolution. But it's mostly filed under "who cares". It's just a bit a history.

The Royals are not part of our culture at all.

We all grew up seeing the Queen on our money but outside of that, nobody gives a fuck.

Other than when one of the Royals is in the news, no one I know pays any attention.

I have no problem with Queen Elizabeth being on the money. She is a woman of upstanding character, manners and should be viewed as a role model for young women. I do not support spoiled brats like Prince William and his wife Kate parading around Canada like they own the place.

queen-scolds-prince-williams-tell-off-funny-gif-3.gif

Yes they are treated as celebrities by most, although I think there is more power to the British Crown than most think.
for sure there is, our government is overseen by a representative of the queen with the power to drastically control our government
our money((a foreign printed currency and on loan to the country)) is branded with the Queen
all land not privately owned in Canada is referred to as Crown Land
when someone is charged with a crime and brought to court its the Crown vs John Doe
our nation wide police force is called the ROYAL Canadian Mounted Police

we supposedly became our own country but whats going on behind the curtain certainly doesnt make it seem so

Not embarrassed by the queen being on our money....would having some long-dead politician be better? But I am embarrassed at how such a big deal was made by the royals visit to Canada recently. Who really gives a fuck about these pampered shits touring the country. And people here were all into the royal wedding and everything.....like, why?

It must be a bigger thing on the east coast as when they visited BC it was a huge yawn as nobody cared. Over here in the west coast only old white ladies care about the royals

Cmon Canada you've gotta have some better historical figures than some incest ridden families matriarch

fuck them. brits should have done that whole line like the reds did. worthless humans

The funny thing is that a lot of Americans say things like that and then when the royals visit the U.S., just as many Americans turn out and go batshit crazy over them.

Sure it's antiquated and silly, but most government systems have vestiges of earlier times contained in them that serve little purpose today. Who cares? There are more important things to focus on.

I wasn't born here it live in Canada. Lots of britts live here.
I don't see any real use for the crown but, They. Don't offend me

I don't care for the royal family, but most people I know who are AGAINST the royal family being part of Canada usually know nothing about it.

that's not an attack on anyone iTT, just my own observation.

Back