Canadian sherbros are you embarrassed by the royals?

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Seriously what's with having a queen on your money? Do Canadians care about this at all? Are there monarchists in Canada?

My experience as a Yank living on America's hat is that they A) treat/think of the Royal Family like we treat Hollywood stars, and B) they think their politicians are less of a gong show than they are.

You mean dynasties like the Clintons and Bushs

Yes they are treated as celebrities by most, although I think there is more power to the British Crown than most think.

Not embarrassed by the queen being on our money....would having some long-dead politician be better? But I am embarrassed at how such a big deal was made by the royals visit to Canada recently. Who really gives a fuck about these pampered shits touring the country. And people here were all into the royal wedding and everything.....like, why?

Not embarrassed but I don't care one way or the other for them. They do far too much media coverage of them whenever any royalty related event rolls around.

Subservience to the British royal family is the ultimate cuck move.

Needless to say, as a Canadian I'm both embarrassed and disgusted.

Last edited:
it seems none care, but what about in Quebec? do they like having the British Queen on their money? (I'm assuming they don't have different currency in that province, never been there only BC)

I don't get celebrity culture\ adulation in general , it frankly boggles my mind

I would say that most Canadians actually don't give a shit about the Royals. We see them like we see any other celebrity. When I think head of state, I think of the PM, not the queen. Also, the monarchy's power is mostly symbolic and theoretical. Personally, I don't really understand why we don't just sever our ties with the monarchy at this point, what's the point of this relationship, other than some misplaced nostalgia.

I mean you have your own (pretty legit) military, you're not the BVI or some other smaller, less populated territory that needs British backing....

I mean Jamaica is also now entirely independent from the UK, and they don't have the Queen on their money.....

I have no particular admiration for the royals today, but I am glad that Canadians did not join Americans in revolution and that Canada and the United States are separate countries today.

It's just symbolic so nothing to lose sleep over.. or make threads about for that matter....

I am embarrassed for them.
sticker,375x360.u3.png

I've had enough of the royal family since I first discovered what they were.

With the state of the election, I can't imagine Canadian sherbros would be any more embarrassed than their American counterparts.

They can't imagine the queens face on money.

Imagine how funny it would be for Trumps face to end up on money

Back