Canadian Seminars

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Unr8dBJJ, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Unr8dBJJ Yellow Belt

Unr8dBJJ
    Hey guys,

Just curious to know if you guys have heard anything about some upcoming BJJ seminars in Canada worth checking out. I've found a few but just wondering if maybe at your gyms you had someone looking to tour around and was working on a future date/location to host. I'm just looking to plan some future vacation hours and I always like to pop into a seminar if possible.

Thanks and I appreciate any leads.

2. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Badger67
    NOMAD got canceled which is balls because it had a lot of top guys teaching at it.

3. Franklegit Orange Belt

Franklegit
    I'm following this thread for sure. I'm in Winnipeg so aside from a few local tournaments per year the grappling scene here is stagnant.

4. Unr8dBJJ Yellow Belt

Unr8dBJJ
    I'm going to be in Winnipeg next week for a tournament

5. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

j123
    Was this because of the ban?

6. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Badger67
    From my understanding it was a lack of interest and people confirming/committing. Omar was down. So were the guys from Troop and parabellum iirc. Some of the wrestling guys would have definitely been there like last time.
    Not sure how people couldnt commit or confirm it was dirt cheap for a full two day seminar. Loaded with talent.

7. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

j123
    hmmm seems odd. But around this time there's a shitload of MT fights going down, so if people decided to take part in those, there might be a date conflict. Other than that, I dunno maybe they don't dig seminars.

8. Franklegit Orange Belt

Franklegit
    Manitoba Open? I'm registered for gi and no gi middle weight white belt. It seems I have a stacked division.

9. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Badger67
    Omar's words on FB

It was disappointing to find out that the NOMAD event is being postponed.

I know that Professor pt cooligan and john caroline went through a lot of effort to put the event together. Bringing in high level international black belts to teach and providing a chance for us to get together as a community.

I'm disappointed that the GTA BJJ Community did not support it enough to keep here in our back yard of Toronto.

Professor egor radzik and myself will be running a free seminar on Sunday the 5th of November from 10:00am-12:00pm followed by an open mat for those people that were committed to this event. Message me for more info.

I really look forward to the event in the Spring and if I'm not invited as an Instructor I will fully support it as a student. Can't wait to see who the featured black belts will be.

Thank you again Professor pat cooligan andd john caroline Feel honored to have been invited. Much respect.

j123 likes this.