Canadian Govt sets new rules for hiring on govt funded projects

Wet Blanket

Bipartisan GIF Machine
@red
Reaction score
"Cities, provinces and territories building new roads, bridges, water and transit systems funded with federal dollars will have to let Indigenous Peoples, veterans and recent immigrants have a hand in those projects under new rules being unveiled today."

Sounds like a pretty great idea to me. Even the righties should be happy since veterans are being included.

Full article here-

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/li...rules-for-federally-funded-projects-1.3984418

What if people from those groups don't want to do that job?

I'm a rightie and I think they should just give the work to the most qualified people.

I worked on a housing re-development near London City Airport and a percentage of locals had to be employed and apart from propping up brooms , smoking drugs in the drying room and selling stolen or counterfeit goods they contributed the square root of fuckall to the actual job in hand .

"Cities, provinces and territories building new roads, bridges, water and transit systems funded with federal dollars will have to let Indigenous Peoples, veterans and recent immigrants have a hand in those projects under new rules being unveiled today."

Sounds like a pretty great idea to me. Even the righties should be happy since veterans are being included.

Full article here-

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/li...rules-for-federally-funded-projects-1.3984418

You know who I don’t want building my bridges? People with no experience building bridges, put on in the name of diversity.

You know who I don’t want building my bridges? People with no experience building bridges, put on in the name of diversity.

Great post, b/c they will obviously hire unqualified indigenous people as the lead engineer on said bridge.

grow up.

I worked on a housing re-development near London City Airport and a percentage of locals had to be employed and apart from propping up brooms , smoking drugs in the drying room and selling stolen or counterfeit goods they contributed the square root of fuckall to the actual job in hand .

shocking

images

I guess if it goes as far as them holding the slow / stop signs and the clean up crew, sure. Otherwise what happens when you can't find skilled labour that meets trudy's special interest?

Although TS forgot to add more of the scope of the hiring initiative - young people, disabled and women -- there's a lot of leeway to get around the rfp process

Last edited:
I thought government was supposed to decrease the number of gangs to which protection money must be paid.

Sounds like a good way for the government to spend money even less efficiently

Great post, b/c they will obviously hire unqualified indigenous people as the lead engineer on said bridge.

grow up.
How about just hiring the most qualified person without regards to race, ethnicity, sex or religion?

Indigenous people have endless opportunities to take advantage of including social programs, grants, scholarships and jobs. Most of them do not take advantage of those opportunities. I do not see them taking advantage of these government imposed rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

grow up.

Maybe you need to grow up as well, and accept that people who are the best at building bridges should do so.

Sounds like institutional racism against white people to me...But what I do know?

Back