Canadian government spends $5.6M on skating rink to be open for 28 days

not 100% sure, but one of my friends in Toronto was saying something like this little stunt brought in a lot of locals to shops and pubs in the area and apparently they made more than not doing anything. I haven't seen any articles talking about that, just from what my Toronto friends were saying...so who knows?

People would have shown up for a Canada Day celebration even if the giant rubber duck was not there.

People would have shown up for a Canada Day celebration even if the giant rubber duck was not there.

What is there family celebrations are there in Toronto on Canada Day besides a parade? Some fireworks late at night? Walk the streets of a parade to get your face painted? I don't know the cities Canada Day route, but i'm positive it's people stretched out sitting in a long stretch. This duck brought those people into one collective area, instead of being stretched a few kilometers.

you dont count.
YsWEdEU.gif

You are right about that. Definitely not in the frequency and amount that was brought that's for sure.
$150K duck is one thing. $6M skating rink that's open for 28 days, when there are plenty of options (including free options) is just ludicrous.

Giant rubber ducks tour are not new and pretty awesome I think. I saw one in Hong Kong and always kept an eye out for it whenever I was near the harbor. It just brings a smile to people who see it in person. It's a giant floating rubber duck!!!

You're bitching about a rubber duck touring 6 cities in Canada for several months for 120k but you have no problem with Pence showing up for the national anthem PR stunt of an NFL game for 88k?? What did that last? 20-30 mins including gettIng in and out of the stadium???

Trudeau must think hockey rink means a violent Muslim POC. We all know that he didn’t play Puck with those weak ankles of his.

boer war (1899-1902)
ww1 (1914-1918, NOT 1917-1918)
ww2 (1939-45, NOT 1941-1945)
korea (1950-1953)
gulf war (1991)
yugoslavia (1999)
afghanistan (2001-)

So they are currently at war, does that means the article is wrong?

The liberal government has been absolutely disgusting when it comes to spending with reckless abandon.

Melanie Joly is the liberal idiot behind this money waste. I do not think she has a brain:

melanie-joly.jpg

Dumb but very hot.

We all know how she got ahead in her career.

not 100% sure, but one of my friends in Toronto was saying something like this little stunt brought in a lot of locals to shops and pubs in the area and apparently they made more than not doing anything. I haven't seen any articles talking about that, just from what my Toronto friends were saying...so who knows?

I actually thought this was a good idea for that exact reason. A lot of people were drawn to it and as a result many businesses in the surrounding area profited.

What is there family celebrations are there in Toronto on Canada Day besides a parade? Some fireworks late at night? Walk the streets of a parade to get your face painted? I don't know the cities Canada Day route, but i'm positive it's people stretched out sitting in a long stretch. This duck brought those people into one collective area, instead of being stretched a few kilometers.

Giant rubber ducks tour are not new and pretty awesome I think. I saw one in Hong Kong and always kept an eye out for it whenever I was near the harbor. It just brings a smile to people who see it in person. It's a giant floating rubber duck!!!

You're bitching about a rubber duck touring 6 cities in Canada for several months for 120k but you have no problem with Pence showing up for the national anthem PR stunt of an NFL game for 88k?? What did that last? 20-30 mins including gettIng in and out of the stadium???

I did not realize so many people were fans of rubber ducks. Maybe the government should have shelled out $120,000 for another one instead of wasting 5 million dollars on a skating rink.

b344cda0f654b96b497c8cb25e0b3b64.gif

5Hwwqw2BfE-6.png

Dumb but very hot.

We all know how she got ahead in her career.

I don't know man. With that nose in the way, I don't think she'd be capable of handing out the kind of blowjobs that really help you advance in your political career.

I don't know man. With that nose in the way, I don't think she'd be capable of handing out the kind of blowjobs that really help you advance in your political career.

I beg to differ, the nose makes her even hotter.

As long as she doesn’t smile.

I did not realize so many people were fans of rubber ducks. Maybe the government should have shelled out $120,000 for another one instead of wasting 5 million dollars on a skating rink.

b344cda0f654b96b497c8cb25e0b3b64.gif

5Hwwqw2BfE-6.png

The duck was harmless but the rink is stupid. Try to be reasonable here.

The duck was harmless but the rink is stupid. Try to be reasonable here.

I intended no offense or hostility with my post. I was being serious when I said the liberals would have been better off paying for another giant duck instead of paying for the ice rink.

Back