Canadian Business Man Annihilates Republican Congressman Over Single Payer

I really don't get the deductible thing. Lemme get this straight, I pay a bunch of money every month just so that when I do go to the doctor I have to pay for it myself anyways? I need to get hit by a bus for them to cover anything and even then I get a 500 euro bill?

Pretty much. Thats the way private insurance work in Murka. You pay like 100$ a month, every month, then when you go to a doctor or hospital, there is a deductible that you have to pay out-of-pocket first before the actual insurance kicks in. You can have a lower monthly payment, like 50$, but then youre deductible will be like 20,000$ LOL. You can have a lower deductible, say like 500$ you pay, then your insurance will kick in, but then youre monthly payment will be like $1,000 a month. Basically, the HMOs are a total for-profit business, and will do anything they can to refuse paying for anything. Which is why they had the 'pre-existing conditions'clause for so long to be able to deny people out of their pools outright.

And you have Murkans on this forum who claim their healthcare is the greatest in the world

{<huh}<Huh2>{<jordan}

Nowhere in the world is there a free health insurance market that works, and that's because no profit making company would willingly insure a sick person or an old person.

It's really just as simple as that.

The only way to insure old or sick people is with a risk pool, and the only way to reliably get a risk pool big enough to be affordable is single payer.

It's really a simple A, B, C argument to which there is no response because nowhere in the world does a free market healthcare system work.

The only counter-argument that the GOP has is the lie that "many Canadians and Europeans" come to American for healthcare. That is just a statistical lie, as pointed out in the video.

And please don't post that Stephen Crowder abomination where he goes to Canada and makes a video about how he can't get treated for his sore vagina on a Sunday. The truth is that satisfaction with healthcare is higher in all UH countries than it is in the United States.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR PEOPLE TO ADMIT THAT OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS AN ABJECT FAILURE BY ANY REASONABLE MEASUREMENT?

commonwealthfundrankings.jpg

commonwealthfundoverallranking.jpg

If there was ever an issue to be a "single issue voter" on, this is the one. Being guaranteed to be able to get medical treatment when you are sick, without going bankrupt, seems pretty central to the whole "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" thing. Not to mention, most of us with insurance in the US are pissing away way too much of our paychecks for it.

Here's the thing, maybe people are just smarter in Canada because anything the government touches here in the U.S goes to shit almost immediately.

Low income housing looks straight out of the turd world in some areas, public schools are an abomination, welfare is abused so much that its common for people to sell their food stamps, college loans exploded after the government took over, etc. Thats off the top of my head.

its common for people to sell their food stamps...
This is misleading. It's as likely they're doing it to get necessary stuff like diapers that can't be bought with food stamps.

Back