Can you kill a person with a rear naked choke?

I would have thought 20-30 seconds = death.
If it takes 4 solid seconds to put them to sleep, I wouldn't have thought it would be too much more for death.

yeah, unfortunately you can't just extrapolate out that if 4 seconds = sleep, and death = 5 times worse than unconciousness then death must be in 20 seconds.

rear naked choke= lethal force.

The good thing is he can't get your name and adress to give to the cops if he is unconscious.

Also if you reasonably believe that your life is in danger, then you are allowed to use lethal force.

Nope. Don't believe these guys, I've done it to people for like 30 seconds before and they walked away fine after I let go. MMA, BJJ, and WWE are all one in the same. Glorifying stupid moves that dont really work in real life. Why do you think Brock Lesnar was able to become a champion in UFC?! So go ahead and read naked choke to your hearts content, you MIGHT give them a headache.

thread-resurrection.jpg

Of course you can, the brain cannot survive without blood flow for long.

I've killed several lions with it. So yeah, a rear naked choke can probably kill the average person.

if you hold it for MULTIPLE MINUTES then ya I guess, the people dying from "30 seconds" or whatever are most likely getting their throat crushed or neck broken

I've heard that 30 seconds would be enough to if not kill them do serious damage. Enough that they'd wish you had, most likely. Can't recall where, though

after 30 seconds brain damage is possible. after a minute it is guranteed. for every 10 seconds after that, the brain dies by about 10%. after 2-3 minutes, they will definitely be dead.

not to say it couldn't be done faster.

Of course.

I think it takes like 30 seconds or so to kill someone.

if you hold it for MULTIPLE MINUTES then ya I guess, the people dying from "30 seconds" or whatever are most likely getting their throat crushed or neck broken

A guy died from a rear naked choke no more then a few months ago. The story is all over the net. They were at a wrestlemania party, two guys start grappling, guy gets caught in a RNC, apparently it was only held on for 30 to 40 seconds and the guy died from it. I'm pretty confident there was no throat crushing or neck breaking involved.

wtf?? you can't kill someone by restricting blood flow for 30secs, that's nonsense

Yes. Hell you can kill someone with any choke. When blood flow isn't reaching the brain, it's going to either do some damage, or death

It probably also depends on how fast the heart is beating at that moment and the victim's body type.

how long does it take people to die when they get hung for a crime?

theres your answer

If the hangman is good its the sudden stop from the fall that causes the neck to snap...

If he's not then its slow, painful, piss yourself strangulation time.

And there have been cases where the rope:weight:fall distance ratio were off and the condemned's head popped off like a daisy.

Back