Can you kill a person with a rear naked choke?

w0rM

αω
@Brown
Reaction score
Can you kill a person with a rear naked choke and of so, how long would you need to hold it?

yes you can, and depends, but you start causing damage to the brain after a few seconds of holding on after they pass out

Can you kill a person with a rear naked choke and of so, how long would you need to hold it?

How about this -- after he is out - you have a few seconds to do what ever the hell you want.

But yes you could kill someone if they did not get enough oxygen to the brain.

I have to say I don't really know how long, because it is not something you try out to see how it works. But I am sure that it would be more difficult that ligature strangulation.

You can get someone to pass out by cutting off only one of the four arteries to the brain, not sure how many, or how completely you would need to cut off blood supply to kill, that is just not something I am trying for.

How about this -- after he is out - you have a few seconds to do what ever the hell you want.

But yes you could kill someone if they did not get enough oxygen to the brain.

I have to say I don't really know how long, because it is not something you try out to see how it works. But I am sure that it would be more difficult that ligature strangulation.

You can get someone to pass out by cutting off only one of the four arteries to the brain, not sure how many, or how completely you would need to cut off blood supply to kill, that is just not something I am trying for.

I've heard that 30 seconds would be enough to if not kill them do serious damage. Enough that they'd wish you had, most likely. Can't recall where, though

how long does it take people to die when they get hung for a crime?

theres your answer

4 minutes, probably less if they had been struggling and are out of breath. But after about 1 or 2 they would likely have irreversible brain damage.

this thread is made of fail

just too stupid. if something makes you choke and pass out, wouldn't you think death would be pretty close? 4 minutes is a gross overestimation of the time it would take.

one quick note - hanging, if properly performed, kills by breaking the neck, not by strangulation.

theres your answer

when people are hanged they usually break their neck from the fall. and it is completley different, so that is not the correct answer.

theres your answer

Instantly? It's suppose to break your neck and kill you from the fall, when that doesn't work sometimes people literally were left to hang for days before they died.

just too stupid. if something makes you choke and pass out, wouldn't you think death would be pretty close? 4 minutes is a gross overestimation of the time it would take.

one quick note - hanging, if properly performed, kills by breaking the neck, not by strangulation.

I took a first aid class in high school and remember learning that it takes around 4-5 minutes of no blood flow to the brain for actual brain damage to occur. So to answer the question, I guess it's possible but would be pretty hard.

4 minutes is far from a gross overestimation. The brain can go without oxygen (which is what it needs the blood for) for up to 5 minutes without incurring brain damage, and up to 9 minutes before all electrical function fails and brain death occurs.

I was actually being generous, considering the fact that you don't slap a RNC on someone that hasn't been fighting or struggling. And give the kid a break, he didn't know the answer so he asked.

the brain can survive even longer without oxygen if you're lucky and if its cold

kids have been fished out of the bottom of freezing lakes after like half an hour and been revived and fine

but are we talking about the length of time after which someone can be revived? or are we talking about choking them and leaving them where they lay?

theres your answer

when people get hung (like in cowboy movies) there neck is generally broken, they don't die from lack of blood/oxygen

edit: should have read all responses before answering

Yes....but remember...shooting someone in face will not. Two Totally different ball parks.
:icon_conf

choking someone on the street is attempted murder thats why when i get in a street fight i try to break arms and legs..........sure you can kill some one by RNC thats why they call it mata leon....(kill the lion)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back