Can you believe that Daniel Cormier fought Lucas Browne in MMA?

All good man. Like I said there used to be some footage of the old CFCs on Youtube back in the day but it's not there, I feel someone bought the library and took it off there. I did find the Perosh vs Te Huna one, I thought this was the one where Te Huna went the boots after the win, looks like it was cut out.

I remember the night DC v Browne was on, I knew Browne but didn't know DC and only saw it by accident while browsing, I don't think it was advertised. Surprising there is no footage of it, I haven't tried scouring the net yet but if no one here can find it I doubt I can. The CFCs would pop up randomly as well and I'm sure there was one or two other short lived promotions. No idea how they got a deal with Fox though, maybe they gave them the footage or something?

You probably remember Combat 8 as well, bit more recent, MMA but with restrictions on ground fighting, Hopoate vs Bam Bam below. I remember Lenny Zappavigna fighting as well.

I didn't watch that event in particular but i know now that fox sports does air the occasional australian mma event nowadays and lists it as MMA: Sport special on fox sports 503 however there is literally no information on the event or organisation promoting it, to be fair while i have recorded alot of them on the iq3 (deleted them now) them i cant seem to remember a single fighter's name from those events its insane. i only remember catching Hector lombard in his CFC days that was it, only because he suplexed a bloke and then punched him out. i cant even find that footage nowadays either. To think how rare that footage must be, we should really record all these events considering no one has it just for historical purposes.

EDIT: i found that hector lombard fight, fan cam tho but still pretty cool

follow up:

XMMA definitely aired their fights on fox sports 3 in australia, i found cormier's fight with Soa Palelei which was XMMA 3

just need to find that elusive footage of him vs browne

Last edited:
I read something about Browne's team going after the footage and shooting it down but could be BS. It was a long time ago in a boxing forum and came from a Aussie that supposedly knew someone in his team.

In b4...

giphy.webp

So for those who don't know, Lucas Browne is a Heavyweight boxer who for a moment was a Heavyweight World Champion after beating Ruslan Chagaev. A short time afterwards Lucas was stripped of the title after testing positive for PEDs. Lucas previously sported a 25-0 record, that was until he ran into British boxer Dillian Whyte who brutally knocked him out in a one-sided affair. Lucas looked like a total amateur against Whyte and it begged a lot of questions about the possibility of his record being somewhat padded. Outside of Chagaev his best win was James Toney, but for anyone who knows combat sports it's safe to say that it wasn't exactly a prime version of James.

With all that said, I was in absolute shock when I learnt that Daniel Cormier fought and beat this man in MMA. Lucas Browne last fought in MMA back in 2010 and to this day has a 6-2 record, meanwhile we all know how successful DC has been, becoming a multiple time world champion. The fight was DC's third career win and the fight took place in Australia of all places.

Bonus: Dillian Whyte has also fought in MMA, he holds a 1-0 record with his only win coming in 12 seconds over Mark Stroud. Another nugget for those who like their trivia, the event Dillian competed at was called UCMMA1: Bad Breed, where Jimi Manuwa, Jason Young, James McSweeney and Tom Watson all fought on the same night.
Sorry son but you may be a little retarded. Calling a former champ with a record of 25 and 1 a can indicates some level of dimwittedness. He beat Chagaev. That alone proves he's no can and that you are a simple hater.

No, I can not believe it. It definitely did not happen.

Brown has said it was the D.C. fight that made him switch to boxing full time.

Browne went to the easy sport and was successful

MMA > boxing confirmed

Brown struggled with a 50 year old 250 pound Toney. Seriously it's on YouTube.

Chagaev used to be pretty good. Idk how Brown beat him.

I didn't watch that event in particular but i know now that fox sports does air the occasional australian mma event nowadays and lists it as MMA: Sport special on fox sports 503 however there is literally no information on the event or organisation promoting it, to be fair while i have recorded alot of them on the iq3 (deleted them now) them i cant seem to remember a single fighter's name from those events its insane. i only remember catching Hector lombard in his CFC days that was it, only because he suplexed a bloke and then punched him out. i cant even find that footage nowadays either. To think how rare that footage must be, we should really record all these events considering no one has it just for historical purposes.

EDIT: i found that hector lombard fight, fan cam tho but still pretty cool

follow up:

XMMA definitely aired their fights on fox sports 3 in australia, i found cormier's fight with Soa Palelei which was XMMA 3

just need to find that elusive footage of him vs browne

Everyone if you go to the second Youtube vid MMA_enthusiast has posted there are some highlights of DC/Browne, very brief, not exactly highlights if you're Lucas Browne of course.

And yeah mate you need to keep an eye on the Fox Sports guide, even now they sometimes show replays of the Hex Fight cards, some of the muay thai nights and even JWP's Caged Muay Thai, can be some gold on there occasionally.

The one guy i always remembered from the CFC days was Brian Ebersole, he seemed to fight a lot and was tough as nails, was glad he managed a UFC run eventually.

Back