Can we talk about Rob Font vs. Thomas Almeida?

Almeida was getting dropped at his early fights at Brazil, his agressive style makes him suffer many knockdowns but in that Font fight in particular he looked like shit after being dropped, maybe his problem is not only his defensive technique but also mental, definitely doesn't look like someone that knows how to take damage and move on.

Almeida was getting dropped at his early fights at Brazil, his agressive style makes him suffer many knockdowns but in that Font fight in particular he looked like shit after being dropped, maybe his problem is not only his defensive technique but also mental, definitely doesn't look like someone that knows how to take damage and move on.
He's frail looking, more than just lanky. Dude should replace spinny shit with a conditioning regiment.

I still think Almeida can be a career long ranked fighter. I see a poor man's version of assuncao's career.

Def expected more from Almeida but not ready to dismiss him as a gatekeeper yet.

Almeida has a glass jaw, I laughed at people thinking he would be champion, I knew he wouldn’t make it to the top after the Pickett fight.
I'm not going to say glass jaw but it's definitely not a good chin, which is a must with his all offense style.

And yes the Pickett fight had alarms ringing in my head

Back