Can we stop with Dj p4p talks

Nobody at that weight class can be GOAT. Statistically speaking, barely any healthy men are MM's size. I mean, I don't even know a single full-grown healthy man that is that short (5'3"). The point is that the talent pool is extremely shallow. Extremely. I looked it up once, and I want to say it was something like .3% of men in America are that short, and a significant portion of them are only that short due to a medical condition. We are truly talking about freakshow fights.
That's kind of a stupid argument. A very small percentage of healthy, in shape men (not fat) are heavyweight size either. Those are freakshow fights as well, but doesn't make them any less legitimate. Hell I'd wager that there's more healthy, in shape men who are flyweight size (walking around at about 145 lbs) then there are who are heavyweight size (walking around at about 245 lbs).

I fully understand why FLW fights are less appealing than larger weight classes. But your reasoning is way off base.

Please just stop with these shit threads. DJ losing to Cejudo by the narrowest of margins while being injured doesn't erase his great moments. I'm getting tired of the argument that fighters in the lower weight classes aren't skilled, because, duh, they are small. People on this forum are obsessed with manlets, but the truth is that every top 15 flyweight would smash any regular person into a pulp with ease.

This obsession with small fighters being bad, just because of their size, doesn't exist in boxing. You don't hear boxing fans constantly shitting on guys like Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Pacquiao, Hamed, Rigondeaux, Garcia, Santa Cruz or Lomachenko. :rolleyes:

p4p - where, 125ers can magically keep their speed and movement if they were 245lbs, but anthony johnsons KO power wouldn't keep if he were a 125er

I really wish I could like your comment more times.

P4P discussions are such fucking nonsense because any "evidence" is literally just opinion and imagination.

We can. As long as you can fuck right off ya daft cunt.

That's kind of a stupid argument. A very small percentage of healthy, in shape men (not fat) are heavyweight size either. Those are freakshow fights as well, but doesn't make them any less legitimate. Hell I'd wager that there's more healthy, in shape men who are flyweight size (walking around at about 145 lbs) then there are who are heavyweight size (walking around at about 245 lbs).

I fully understand why FLW fights are less appealing than larger weight classes. But your reasoning is way off base.

Nah, look at the stats. Natural HWs aren't that uncommon. There are hundreds on every college campus at any given time, over 100 of whom are athletes.

Nah, look at the stats. Natural HWs aren't that uncommon. There are hundreds on every college campus at any given time, over 100 of whom are athletes.
Can you show me the stats? I'd be interested in seeing them. As I find it hard to believe that there are more in-shape non-overweight men walking around at 245 pounds than there are men walking around at 145 pounds.

Another noob making a hate thread. Go watch some demolition derby, MMA isn’t for you.

p4p - where, 125ers can magically keep their speed and movement if they were 245lbs, but anthony johnsons KO power wouldn't keep if he were a 125er

Pound for pound doesn't mean that and has never meant that. It's used to rate how good you are relative to others at your own weight, not how good you could hypothetically be if you were twice or half your size.

It's in all honesty just not that hard to make a case for MM being one of the top 5 best MMA fighters of all time in any weight class. And it's inconceivable to not have thim at least in the top 10. Even given the relative lack of elite fighters at that weight class, the way in which he took apart his opponents everywhere, the way he finished Benavidez in their second fight and Cejudo in their first, his submissions, he's one of the most complete MMA packages to ever get into an Octagon. I'll grant you that his decision not to take a superfight with Dillashaw was probably a pad PR move. But I've never seen any other fighter take that much heat for not facing a current champ in a higher weight class, particularly if said champ wasn't willing or able to make a full weight cut.

FLW GOAT for sure, despite the loss.

P4P is a matter of personal preference, PERIOD.

And that armbar throw shit was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in MMA.

Mighty Mouse p4p GOAT is the biggest nonsense I ever heard in MMA. I can't believe people take that seriously. He has one of the worst resume's ever in terms of people who are talked in P4P. Who has he beat?. His resume is very average, I really don't rate many of the guys he has beat.

Mighty Mouse resume is nowhere near a guy likes Cormier's. He is a success in a very poor division with no namers getting title shots after split decision wins on the prelims or TUF victories.

He is a good fighter and talented, but no GOAT. He would need to beat many top name guys to even be talked about.

I always thought Dj was the Ronda of his division, except her's eventually evolved somewhat and Dj's is still lackluster and he lost to an average MMA fighter IMO.

Nobody at that weight class can be GOAT. Statistically speaking, barely any healthy men are MM's size. I mean, I don't even know a single full-grown healthy man that is that short (5'3"). The point is that the talent pool is extremely shallow. Extremely. I looked it up once, and I want to say it was something like .3% of men in America are that short, and a significant portion of them are only that short due to a medical condition. We are truly talking about freakshow fights.

DJ is 5'3, but majority of the flyweight division is between 5'6-5'7. If you look across almost all high level competitive martial arts, the smallest divisions are the most technically skilled. If you're 5'3 and, as you put it, .3% of the population, you are ALWAYS training with someone larger than you. When you're small, there is a much smaller margin for error.

Also, with smaller fighters, there is less chance of a fluke knockout. Meaning, the better fighter almost always wins (poor judging aside).

DJ is a great fighter, but his resume is garbage. His record for defenses rings hollow because, again, garbage resume.

P4P great to Can..Sherdog is great.

P4P
1 Khabib

The rest lost, multiple times in most cases.

DJ was never P4P anything when he was champ either.

125 is weak.

Back