Can we stop talking about how BJ Penn is a legend when Dennis Siver whoops his butt this Sunday?

His legacy is cemented in stone. It doesn't matter what happens in his current run. Different times different circumstances.

Show some respect. BJ is a legend and pioneer of MMA. Maybe he is motivated this time.

BJ Penn is 11-3 at LW. Maybe you should take that into account.

1-6-1 in his last 8 fights. Sub .500 over his last 18 fights with a record of 7-10-1. Hasn't won a fight in 7 years. He's not good. Never that good. Not motivated. Never motivated.

I think its time we stop calling BJ Penn a legend after Siver destroys him this Sunday. I'm sick and tired of delusional people on here trying to convince me he's one to the GOATs.
It's not just people on here that calls him a legend. Almost every single fighter, former fighter, mma journalist and even Dana White also call him a legend.

1-6-1 in his last 8 fights. Sub .500 over his last 18 fights with a record of 7-10-1. Hasn't won a fight in 7 years. He's not good. Never that good. Not motivated. Never motivated.

I think its time we stop calling BJ Penn a legend after Siver destroys him this Sunday. I'm sick and tired of delusional people on here trying to convince me he's one to the GOATs.
I'm embarrassed by how many responses I read before I realized I'd waisted a fair and excessive amount of time reading them.

BJ is probably the most overrated "legend" in MMA. I've never been that impressed except when he beat Florian and Sanchez

Beat Hughes twice, took on GSP twice, gave fucking Machida a better fight than most LHWs. Dominated LW back in the day while being a FW and had the balls to go after the WW belt and WIN.

We're talking about the same BJ, right?

He was good in his prime day, but he has gone on far too long and its hard to watch. He was finished realistically about 6 or 7 years ago.

He was good in his prime day, but he has gone on far too long and its hard to watch. He was finished realistically about 6 or 7 years ago.
He's on his way to pulling a jens pulver with consecutive losses. sad.

He's on his way to pulling a jens pulver with consecutive losses. sad.
Very true. Its the brain health that is worrying, in fights like against Diaz and Edgar and Yair he was just a complete and utter punching bag and taking head shot after head shot. When he is like 55 years old he will have major problems. UFC is to blame too.

You can't stop being a legend just because you lose fights at the end of your career. Pathetic.

Just keep in mind at one point he went toe to toe with GSP and beat Hughes in his prime. At his best he was really good. He declined worse than any fighter ive ever seen.

I think its time we stop calling BJ Penn a legend after Siver destroys him this Sunday. I'm sick and tired of delusional people on here trying to convince me he's one of the GOATs.
<mma4>

I think its time we stop calling BJ Penn a legend after Siver destroys him this Sunday. I'm sick and tired of delusional people on here trying to convince me he's one of the GOATs.

2 divison champion,multple defences.But he needs to have retired years ago,this version of penn doesnt beat anyone on the roster

BJ Penn is still a legend. You are a can.

It doesn't erase what he has accomplished in his career.

I guess Ali wasn't a legend either, by your logic.

Ali's record:

56–5

BJ and Ali are not in the same league.

Back