Can we stop hating on Fedor for fighting "smaller" fighters?

e6692e2d767e819e7a8f65b90ec7c48d.jpg
Could you imagine Fedor on TrT?

Dude has been the smaller guy the majority of his career. If anything he's fighting guys his size now. Cut him a break, he has wins over several UFC Champs and is still entertaining us well past his prime. Respect the beast.
Dude has also had to fight roided guys too, Arvloski popped for peds, Werdum popped for peds, Dan Henderson almost radioactive with TRT and Bigfoot Silva with TRT.

Dude has been the smaller guy the majority of his career. If anything he's fighting guys his size now. Cut him a break, he has wins over several UFC Champs and is still entertaining us well past his prime. Respect the beast.

It's interesting how Fedors(233lbs) best opponents were all the smaller HW fighters like Cro Cop (225lbs), Nog(227lbs), Arlovski(237lbs) were all around 225-240lbs

Also a slight correction, technically he has never fought a UFC champion, only former champions, which doesn't really mean much.

Who da HELL has hated on Fedor for fighting SMALLER opponents?!?

Dude is a middleweight with a tire around his mid-section, for fux sake.

Guy spent his entire career fighting bigger fighters?
It's like hating Mark Hunt for fighting "smaller guys". Fedor is 5'10 and Hunt is 5'9
They are both small for HW.

Chris Haseman.

.....I mean....you might be right there.....I have no clue lmao.

The point is Fedor was always the smaller fighter. That’s why people love him.

Anyone knocking him for fighting smaller guys doesn’t know shit.

People have difficulty coming to terms with the fact that someone on this planet has such humility, grace, and greatness as a mixed martial artist and human being. They lash out in a variety of odd ways.

Fedor-Emelianenko-e1532386550412.jpg

Fedor.

It's interesting how Fedors(233lbs) best opponents were all the smaller HW fighters like Cro Cop (225lbs), Nog(227lbs), Arlovski(237lbs) were all around 225-240lbs

Also a slight correction, technically he has never fought a UFC champion, only former champions, which doesn't really mean much.

All these fighters were lean and muscular, Fedor had and has 20+ pounds of extra fat,
he could easily cut to LHW and still be smaller than most.

Fedor is a natural middle weight who does not want to give up eating so he decides to fight in heavyweight. People cut weight and fight in lower weight classes because they cant hang in higher weight classes. Fedor fights in the toughest weight class where people purposely cut weight to avoid the heavyweight. U can only give him props for that. He is tiny in the heavyweight class

I don't think anyone should be hating on him for fighting anyone at this point in his career. I hope he is enjoying himself and earning some money before he finally hangs them up.

We still need to keep things in perspective though. A bloated 2018 HW Chael is no way a quality win. Not that that should be a knock on Fedor
You seem to ignore the fact that Fedor is way past his prime than Chael. Fedor is 42 for god sakes. Chael is under his prime relative to Fedor.

All these fighters were lean and muscular, Fedor had and has 20+ pounds of extra fat,
he could easily cut to LHW and still be smaller than most.

The Russian went on the scale and took off his shirt to pose for the cameras before sitting down. While not ripped like Kawajiri or Baroni, the guy just looked really solid, like a ton of bricks. Seeing him on TV doesn’t really do justice to just how thick and strong this guy really is.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fedor-vs-Cro-Cop-WeighIn-Report-3328

You seem to ignore the fact that Fedor is way past his prime than Chael. Fedor is 42 for god sakes. Chael is under his prime relative to Fedor.
I'm ignoring nothing. It is exactly my poiny. At this stage of his career Fedor shouldn't be criticized for taking ANY fight he wants.

Nor should sherdoggers be making threads about Fedor fighting DC for the ufc strap because he beat Chael. In 2018 Chael is not a good fighter much less a goid heavyweight. Which is ok. It's precisely the kind of fight Fedor should be taking.

Seeing him stand beside Bader and Chael shows how fucked up extreme weight cutting is.

He's the same size as Chael, and Bader towers over him.

I've always wondered what Fedor at 205 would look like, but now I wonder if he could have made 185.

Not without eating ice cream he couldn't!!

People have difficulty coming to terms with the fact that someone on this planet has such humility, grace, and greatness as a mixed martial artist and human being. They lash out in a variety of odd ways.

Fedor-Emelianenko-e1532386550412.jpg

Fedor.

Fedor is almost the polar opposite of Conor in this way.

Back