Can we please stop pretending there is such a thing as a "UFC title"?

you are a liar. and you have presented zero proof tard. you don't even know what you're lying about. lol. you still lied and you don't realize it? it's sad. unless you're that stupid. which is still sad.
You just described yourself.

The UFC is not a legit sports league. And our lawmakers view it as such.

<{danayeah}>

You just described yourself.

The UFC is not a legit sports league. And our lawmakers view it as such.

<{danayeah}>

you said it's sports entertainment, genius.

i never called it a sports league. noone called it a sports league. lol. fuckin a.

i never called it a sports league. noone called it a sports league. lol. fuckin a.
Because it basically is sports entertainment which the article I posted outlined. There is no oversight and they control every aspect how their shows are run and the fights they want, there is no transparency at all for a "sport". Our government officials are saying it. LOL you got your asshole wrecked.

{<jordan}

Yeah there is no system in place to make and arrange fights. It’s a business first then anything else. Thats why the trophy is just for show and promotion marketing. It isn’t a suprise.

The fights are real. The fighters are all the best in the world collectively. The good opportunities and subsequent rewards rarely go to the most deserving, been that way since we started recording history. Cest la vie.

Because it basically is sports entertainment which the article I posted outlined. There is no oversight and they control every aspect how their shows are run and the fights they want, there is no transparency at all for a "sport". Our government officials are saying it. LOL you got your asshole wrecked.

{<jordan}
Tell me which sport has more top 5 in the world facing the world champion. The regulated sport of boxing or the ufc org. It’s truly laughable to argue its boxing.

If fighters get paid more for having one it matters to them. If it matters to them and they all want one, it means that in theory the best of them should have one. If the best of them have titles, then the titles are a pretty good way of determining who the best fighter in each weightclass is.

So if you care about who the best fighter is, it matters.

John Fitch and Antonio McKee are two of the best the sport has ever seen and I would still rather not have them on my television set.

Tell me which sport has more top 5 in the world facing the world champion. The regulated sport of boxing or the ufc org. It’s truly laughable to argue its boxing.
Like I said, STRAW MAN.

Last edited:
The fights are real. The fighters are all the best in the world collectively. The good opportunities and subsequent rewards rarely go to the most deserving, been that way since we started recording history. Cest la vie.

More like since you started rewriting history. We all know MMA was not like this 2-3 years ago.

I believe this is the first time in the history of the sport, where boxing had a 1-2 year period with less ducking than MMA. Unacceptable

More like since you started rewriting history. We all know MMA was not like this 2-3 years ago.

I believe this is the first time in the history of the sport, where boxing had a 1-2 year period with less ducking than MMA. Unacceptable

Mmm yeah. I was meaning I dont think the fights themselves are rigged. The matchmaking has just become about profit is all. Now debate about its being sport rather than spectacle at all. Its William Morrissish or something.

Sure?

If Nate Diaz gets a shot at the WW title...
If there has to be an Interim MW title created so Michael Bisping can cherry pick his own fights...

Yes. The title means nothing and it should not be taken into consideration when doing rankings.

(Even in the past, when Brock had the belt, it could have been argued that both Cain and JDS deserved a higher ranking than Brock)

belts are promotional tool to market fighters, how new :)

You've spent the bigger part of the discussion proving that you are 1. wrong. and 2. A child that had to turn to insults.

Go back and read my first post and your fuckin response. Don’t just keep fuckin lying. You’re mad because you posted trash and were called out on it.

My only point is its nothing new and the majority of the time the fights that get made make sense. In most divisions you have the right guy at the top. and most of their challenges are against guys who earned it. It’s silly to argue it’s never been like this when Randy was getting title shots in the higher weight class coming off a loss or tuff winner title shots.

you are a liar. and you have presented zero proof tard. you don't even know what you're lying about. lol. you still lied and you don't realize it? it's sad. unless you're that stupid. which is still sad.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11/17/16668308/ufc-bellator-mma-ali-act-markwayne-mullin

Mullin: To make it fair. We're not adding anything new, we're just asking that MMA fighters get the same protections that boxers already get. The Ali Act was written because promoters like Don King were talking advantage of his boxers and we're seeing some of those same things in MMA now. That's not good for a sport.

People just assume that when you’re having a championship fight it’s the best two fighters, because in football or baseball they have a set playoff and system to get the two best to play, but in MMA that doesn’t have to be true. They can just say it’s the two best and pretend. But we aren’t getting the top two fighters.

When was the last time the 185 belt was defended by the champion against the number one contender? You have to go back to Weidman against Luke Rockhold that was two years ago. When Bisping fought Luke he was number 4. Then you had Bisping against Dan Henderson, and Henderson, his career speaks for itself, but he wasn’t in the top 10. How does he get a title fight? And then you have GSP who hasn’t ever fought at 185-pounds, and it would be different if he was still the 170-pound champ but he also hasn’t fought in the last 4 years. So how you get to jump over everyone else? What happened to the number one contender? Or number two or three or four or five? Did they get a title shot or offer?

It goes down to what Lawrence Epstein said to me when we met. They don’t look at that title as a title they look at it like they are bestowing a trophy on the best fighter that night. That is a quote of what Lawrence Epstein told me here in my office. And I thought that’s discrediting the sport. That’s like the WWE at that point.

Mullin: With the ranking and titles being controlled by the promoter than ranking and title fights can be manipulated by the promoter. And it’s fine to matchmake whatever fights you want but don’t discredit the title. I like fun fights, that's not the problem. Make those fights but fighters deserve to know if they work for it and win in the ring they'll get a chance to earn the title. Just like a real sport. It can't just be decided by who the promoter wants to see fight for it.

We feel that if we get a true ranking system, that ranks all fighters objectively regardless of the promotion they're in, this will help fighters negotiate much better contracts.

If the UFC or Bellator want to have their own ranking system and their own titles and have no one else fight for them, they need to move to a real “league” system. They need to make the fighters their employees. But if they want to continue operating like they do in boxing where the fighters are viewed as independent guys, then they should follow the same rules they do in boxing.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11/17/16668308/ufc-bellator-mma-ali-act-markwayne-mullin

Mullin: To make it fair. We're not adding anything new, we're just asking that MMA fighters get the same protections that boxers already get. The Ali Act was written because promoters like Don King were talking advantage of his boxers and we're seeing some of those same things in MMA now. That's not good for a sport.

People just assume that when you’re having a championship fight it’s the best two fighters, because in football or baseball they have a set playoff and system to get the two best to play, but in MMA that doesn’t have to be true. They can just say it’s the two best and pretend. But we aren’t getting the top two fighters.

When was the last time the 185 belt was defended by the champion against the number one contender? You have to go back to Weidman against Luke Rockhold that was two years ago. When Bisping fought Luke he was number 4. Then you had Bisping against Dan Henderson, and Henderson, his career speaks for itself, but he wasn’t in the top 10. How does he get a title fight? And then you have GSP who hasn’t ever fought at 185-pounds, and it would be different if he was still the 170-pound champ but he also hasn’t fought in the last 4 years. So how you get to jump over everyone else? What happened to the number one contender? Or number two or three or four or five? Did they get a title shot or offer?

It goes down to what Lawrence Epstein said to me when we met. They don’t look at that title as a title they look at it like they are bestowing a trophy on the best fighter that night. That is a quote of what Lawrence Epstein told me here in my office. And I thought that’s discrediting the sport. That’s like the WWE at that point.

Mullin: With the ranking and titles being controlled by the promoter than ranking and title fights can be manipulated by the promoter. And it’s fine to matchmake whatever fights you want but don’t discredit the title. I like fun fights, that's not the problem. Make those fights but fighters deserve to know if they work for it and win in the ring they'll get a chance to earn the title. Just like a real sport. It can't just be decided by who the promoter wants to see fight for it.

We feel that if we get a true ranking system, that ranks all fighters objectively regardless of the promotion they're in, this will help fighters negotiate much better contracts.

If the UFC or Bellator want to have their own ranking system and their own titles and have no one else fight for them, they need to move to a real “league” system. They need to make the fighters their employees. But if they want to continue operating like they do in boxing where the fighters are viewed as independent guys, then they should follow the same rules they do in boxing.
The fact that that conversation is in the House is embarrassing.

And it’s still not sports entertainment and noone sane can argue it is.

And again lol at him holding boxing up as a standard. He points to hendo but there are a million examples in boxing far worse. It’s a joke.

Except that the guy with the belt makes more $ most of the time, so it matters.

The fact that that conversation is in the House is embarrassing.

And it’s still not sports entertainment and noone sane can argue it is.

And again lol at him holding boxing up as a standard. He points to hendo but there are a million examples in boxing far worse. It’s a joke.
Like your input means anything.

Mullins represents an entire state in the government. He's an undefeated MMA fighter and has more insight than you on the matter. He also said the UFC is run like a sports entertainment business. Equating it to WWE.

You getting wrecked after talking shit is whats embarrassing.

bork1}

So if we take a long look at the list of great UFC champions of all time, are they not the greatest fighters of all time? Or are you just bitching and moaning about recent belt activity?

I'd rather watch an ultimate fight that may or may not be a shitle bout.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back