Can we please stop perpetuating the "Champ Champ"

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just saw a thread calling for Khabib vs Woodley if Khabib wins and I thought to myself I can't be the only one tired of the Champ Champ's. It was bad enough with whole divisions getting held up by champs who barely fought but now we have to deal with champs holding up two divisions until they can get the fight that they want? I miss the days when we never imagined that a champion vs champion fight would happen and when they did it was like the world stopped. All this oversaturation is killing the sport for me.

Time for NASCAR son.

I, for one, cannot wait for a Champ, Champ, Champ.

Time for cross-promotion Title fights, boxing style.

you not a champ champ until you have multiple fights in both divisions. don't @ me you conor d riders.

Conor literally invented the phrase “champ champ”. Let that sink in with a glass of Proper 12.

Barring severe injury, champs should be required to defend twice a year (although I'd prefer three times).

DC should have to defend his LHW belt instead of holding out for the (potential) Lesnar fight. Either that or give it up. I know LHW is weak and there's no real clear cut contender, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a fight.

I hope to see cross promotion with boxing, then a champ can walk out with belts from various weight classes and other organisations

Barring severe injury, champs should be required to defend twice a year (although I'd prefer three times).

DC should have to defend his LHW belt instead of holding out for the (potential) Lesnar fight. Either that or give it up. I know LHW is weak and there's no real clear cut contender, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a fight.
You can't force people to fight. The only thing a promoter can do is strip the title if they take too long.

Welcome to the WME era, where superfights are the norm and divisions are held up for a year.

#debtservice

Back