Can we just merge LHW and HW?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I would say keep them apart, but both divisions are in such trouble. Each division has only like 20-30 guys in total and half of them are old and near the end of their careers. Both divisions have zero clear #1 contenders, and every match-up is basically a rematch. Other then Volkan and Ngannou, its pretty fucking stagnant.

Most LHWs are already like 230+ pounds, there is no reason that they can't fight guys 10-20 pounds heavier. They might have a disadvantage in the first 2 rounds, but imagine what Jones or Gus would do to guys in the 3rd , 4th and 5th rounds, when the giants gas out. This would also incentivize the fat heavyweights to stay lighter when they fight smaller, faster opponents.

Jones 6'4 225-240 at HW
DC 5'11 230-240 at HW
Gus 6'4 230 at HW
Glover already walks at around 240
If Rumble comes back, he could definitely fight at HW. He already did

Merge the divisions , and you have a semi-deep HW division and you get to do all the theoretical cross division matchups.

What fight would you most want to see between a LHW and a HW?

No.

giphy.gif

No but I agree this a the sorriest state the heavyweight division has ever been in I think lol.

Nah don't merge them,but would love to see some cross division matchups.

Gus would be my first pick to go up

Or you know,

just offer quality HW prospects larger contracts. If you incentivize big guys to fight, you'll get more fighters.

Divisions to add
Cruiserweight 225
Junior Heavyweight 245
Super Heavyweight 265+

Why so Jones can rematch Gus and DC 3 more times?

Volkan more then likely gets slaughtered.

Give it some time brother.

Prospects will come up in those divisions.

Gotta be patient.

Give it some time brother.

Prospects will come up in those divisions.

Gotta be patient.

This is true, there is probably a few guys at the prelim level who will eventually fight for the title. We just have no fucking clue who they are.

Heavyweight limit should be 245/250.

58% of UFC fights come from 155 and below. The UFC will be okay without sloppy fatboys with titties bumbling around and gassing after 1 round in the Octagon.

I would rather watch the average WMMA fight than the average HW fight.

Merge 205 weight limit with 265........ yeah seems like an awesome idea

Ive been saying this for years.
Do it.

Merge 125, 135 and 145 to a 140 division. New divisions:

140- lw
160- ww
180- mw
200- lhw
280-hw

yep, meet in the middle at 240 (or 245). Cain vs Jones for sure. Reem vs Gus. Stipe vs DC. Barnett vs Volkan. Lots of good ones.

You're doing it wrong. We need to be be subtracting and consolidating divisions.
It's interesting. Eventually there are going to be many more divisions, partly because there will be more fighters, and partly so the UFC can have more belts. It'll also happen to reduce weight cutting. But as a fan, there is a primal part of me that wants there to be minimal divisions so each is more stacked and more competitive. Something like:
Lightweight- 170
Middleweight- 200
Heavyweight-200+

But for business I can see something like 115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205, 225, 265 happening one day.

Back