Can we all at least accept the fact that GGG is truly an ATG?

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 363827

Like most fans, nearly all of the media and boxing experts, I got GGG in this fight and the first fight.

For this fight I can accept a draw scorecard but any card for Canelo is just sad imo.

I know that cash cows gonna cash cow in boxing, but can we at least agree that GGG has shown

in his fights against Canelo that he is among the greatest MWs of all time and deserved to go up

in the in the Hall of Fame just like Robinson, Monzon, Hagler or Hopkins?

It would be disgusting if any fan would use the draw and the loss against Canelo to deny GGG his place

among boxing ATGs.

Id confidently put Golovkin up against any MW to ever do it. He gives anyone the fight of their life.

GTFOH. Canelo is nothing. Casual GGG fans DKSAB. GGG doesnt need Canelo. GGG has been draining at 160 too long. K2 and GGG bet the risk, but the new gen of 160 guys are too much for a GUY who SHOULD ALREADY be at 168 comfortably. I understand they tried to break BHops record. Thats the only reason they stayed at 160. Now GGG at 168 you will the REAL PAIN he inflicts. All those workouts shared where his power is explosive belongs at 168. Casual GGG fans CRY like bitches. It's not about Canelo, get over it, GGG is the better boxer. Canelo is going to have to see GGG at 168 when he becomes a CHAMP, if he dares!

I’m just at an age with boxing where it’s a pleasure to see a great fighter. They’re gone before you know it

I’m just at an age with boxing where it’s a pleasure to see a great fighter. They’re gone before you know it

Golovkin is an idiot, but he still has time to redeem himself. I wont even say Casual GGG fans, the reality is HARDCORE GGG fans swear that it was the best move for GGG to fight Canelo instead of BJS. You guys don't get it. Had GGG fought BJS and won, he'd be Undisputed and would have all the POWER AT THE NEGOTIATION table with GBP having no straps whatsoever. Even if it came down to 50/50 split, GGG would still have all the belts, undisputed, history making, but NO, he gave into cowardice. GGG would be the Golden Goose at 160 had he fought BJS instead of Vanes for unification avoiding the mandatory. People don't realize that ANY newcomer wanted a shot would have to SEE GGG, and I strongly believe GGG's stock would have risen.

K2 and Abel made the poorest mgmt moves for GGG. He is the best KAZAHKSTANI Style of the CENTURY, but instead they chose to celebrate some Mexican garbage theme. You guys have no idea how twisted and angry I am the only redemption is showing INDUSTRY WHO IS BOSS at 168. GGG is STRONG and comfortable there. FFS he broke Grove's ribs at that weight.

GTFOH. Canelo is nothing. Casual GGG fans DKSAB. GGG doesnt need Canelo. GGG has been draining at 160 too long. K2 and GGG bet the risk, but the new gen of 160 guys are too much for a GUY who SHOULD ALREADY be at 168 comfortably. I understand they tried to break BHops record. Thats the only reason they stayed at 160. Now GGG at 168 you will the REAL PAIN he inflicts. All those workouts shared where his power is explosive belongs at 168. Casual GGG fans CRY like bitches. It's not about Canelo, get over it, GGG is the better boxer. Canelo is going to have to see GGG at 168 when he becomes a CHAMP, if he dares!
This new account is about to get clipped.

GGG is a hof at 160 and that's it. He's not an atg, he was not champ in multiple weight classes. If he would've moved up and beat ward then it would be a different story.

GGG is a hof at 160 and that's it. He's not an atg, he was not champ in multiple weight classes. If he would've moved up and beat ward then it would be a different story.
Are you serious? Monzon and Hagler did not change weight class. Are you saying they are not ATGs?

m96jjd.jpg

{<shrug} He won't fight Ward. Canelo Is a blown up welterweight that kicked GGG's ass. Ward KO's him. Too big.

Canelo has the balls to fight him, but he would loose as well. Andre just big and can actually box.

Fuck yeah. GGG's defense was in point last night! Everytime he blocked a body shot my butthole puckered. I was anticipating a chin shot that never came. GGG's boxing and head movement were on point. I had. Never seen that from him, probably because he's always the hammer.

not really. doesn’t have the resume imo. sergio & canelo have done more since 2009-2010 when gennady won his first world title

Id confidently put Golovkin up against any MW to ever do it. He gives anyone the fight of their life.
We usually agree on most things but.....NO.
He had his chance and didn't come through. His legacy fights were, last night and the 1st fight with the same guy, and twice he couldn't get it done. Other than Canelo, he has no other career defining fights. And he has no victorious moment that would make him an ATG. People love him for his KOs, his demeanor, his whatever, but he doesn't pass the ATG grade. Who would he beat that's an ATG middleweight?
for example Roy Jones Jr. has only two career defining ATG moments, and the eye test does lead for many to believe Roy at his prime would beat most in history. GGG doesn't have either of those attributes, he hasn't beaten anyone, and his overall skill level nor power doesn't give him the nod over anyone at MW in history.

Like most fans, nearly all of the media and boxing experts, I got GGG in this fight and the first fight.

For this fight I can accept a draw scorecard but any card for Canelo is just sad imo.

I know that cash cows gonna cash cow in boxing, but can we at least agree that GGG has shown

in his fights against Canelo that he is among the greatest MWs of all time and deserved to go up

in the in the Hall of Fame just like Robinson, Monzon, Hagler or Hopkins?

It would be disgusting if any fan would use the draw and the loss against Canelo to deny GGG his place

among boxing ATGs.
What other fights are there to judge him? Canelo was his chance to be up there, all he showed was that he'd get punched up by all the other ATG MWs in history...And he definitely doesn't have the resume to be considered. He just falls short imo

Fuck yeah. GGG's defense was in point last night! Everytime he blocked a body shot my butthole puckered. I was anticipating a chin shot that never came. GGG's boxing and head movement were on point. I had. Never seen that from him, probably because he's always the hammer.

This. He was showing some really good outside parries and other defensive tricks too. That's why I enjoyed this fight. It really brought out the best in both of them with the roles reversed. Too bad Gennady wasn't about 9 years younger. This would have made a great trilogy if they were both in their primes.

Are you serious? Monzon and Hagler did not change weight class. Are you saying they are not ATGs?
Haglers resume is better than GGG imo. If GGG would've won last night then he would be closer to atg status. So if you have GGG at atg status, then where do you have Canelo at?

while I agree his resume is too thin to immediately jump on the GGG is and ATG hype train, you don't have to move up divisions to be an ATG

Haglers resume is better than GGG imo. If GGG would've won last night then he would be closer to atg status. So if you have GGG at atg status, then where do you have Canelo at?
I'd rate them fairly similarly

We usually agree on most things but.....NO.
He had his chance and didn't come through. His legacy fights were, last night and the 1st fight with the same guy, and twice he couldn't get it done. Other than Canelo, he has no other career defining fights. And he has no victorious moment that would make him an ATG. People love him for his KOs, his demeanor, his whatever, but he doesn't pass the ATG grade. Who would he beat that's an ATG middleweight?
for example Roy Jones Jr. has only two career defining ATG moments, and the eye test does lead for many to believe Roy at his prime would beat most in history. GGG doesn't have either of those attributes, he hasn't beaten anyone, and his overall skill level nor power doesn't give him the nod over anyone at MW in history.
You didnt address anything I said in my post, but alright.

Maybe you quoted the wrong person. Golovkin gives any MW ever all they can handle. I didnt say he beats them all.

This. He was showing some really good outside parries and other defensive tricks too. That's why I enjoyed this fight. It really brought out the best in both of them with the roles reversed. Too bad Gennady wasn't about 9 years younger. This would have made a great trilogy if they were both in their primes.
Hell yeah dude, prime vs prime would be fireworks. Can you imagine either of these guys against a prime Hagler? Mah God.

Back