Can we all agree the internet is working just fine?

You can't regulate a search engine.
Why? The No Throttling rule would have a direct impact on search engines hiding or impeding access to content. That is what they are doing.

Why? The No Throttling rule would have a direct impact on search engines hiding or impeding access to content. That is what they are doing.

A search engine is intellectual property.

It's like you want government to regulate an individual patent because you don't like how it works.

Use another service, this is a free market.

You want a property owner to conform to your views instead of just allowing a property owner to own their property as they see fit.

A search engine is intellectual property.

It's like you want government to regulate an individual patent because you don't like how it works.

Use another service, this is a free market.

You want a property owner to conform to your views instead of just allowing a property owner to own their property as they see fit.
I didn't say I was for regulation. I am asking you if you are. Do you like the regulations when they serve your Ideals, then oppose them when they are not?

I'm sorry, I must've missed something. What are we talking about? TrollTrace?
dZxWgaV.jpg

I didn't say I was for regulation. I am asking you if you are. Do you like the regulations when they serve your Ideals, then oppose them when they are not?

You're full of shit.

Your initial post was griping about how Google and Youtube regulate their own search engine.

So are you full of shit then or now or just always?

You're full of shit.

Your initial post was griping about how Google and Youtube regulate their own search engine.

So are you full of shit then or now or just always?
I agreed with another post.
Answer the question. Why is a search engine sacred when a power grid is not? It,s the property of the corps that built it, but they are heavily regulated.
Oh yeah, and why are you so upset?

The internet is not fine when the government allows your personal liberty to be violated, and your information sold to the highest bidder. If I make a consensual agreement with a corporation, and they sell my information without my consent, this is a violation of my rights, and it is now something happening potentially to anyone and everyone.

The internet is not fine when the government allows your personal liberty to be violated, and your information sold to the highest bidder. If I make a consensual agreement with a corporation, and they sell my information without my consent, this is a violation of my rights, and it is now something happening potentially to anyone and everyone.
Were you drunk when you joined the forum?

You might want to read the fine print in your service contract.

All can't agree on it as right wingers are still allowed.

You might want to read the fine print in your service contract.

The fine print in my Xfinity one stated they could sell my info with my consent. I never agreed to let them do so without consent.

The fine print in my Xfinity one stated they could sell my info with my consent. I never agreed to let them do so without consent.

You previously had to give consent. So they asked. Now your consent is not needed. Its not " your" browsing data. It belongs to them.

So sayeth the republicans.

I agreed with another post.
Answer the question. Why is a search engine sacred when a power grid is not? It,s the property of the corps that built it, but they are heavily regulated.
Oh yeah, and why are you so upset?

A search engine is intellectual property that is completely optional to use.

A power grid is a physical thing that provides mandatory service to the public.

Last edited:

Here is an idea, don't give them your personal information.

I am careful in how I use the Internet.
I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git://git.gnu.org/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

A search engine is intellectual property that is completely optional to use.

A power grid is a physical thing that provides mandatory service to the public.
So is a broadband providers network. But I know you'll say anything to never see anyone else's point.

So is a broadband providers network. But I know you'll say anything to never see anyone else's point.

I can see your point. You're just wrong and are carrying on because you don't want to admit it.

I'm not going to concede anything when you're just wrong. There is nothing for me to concede.

Back