Can we all agree the internet is working just fine?

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trump has been a mixed bag so far, with that said the one thing that trump could do that would make him a disaster, and then some, is going after the internet. Bush tried it, Obama tried it, and I am worried that trump will be the next president to try and fix something that isn't broken.

A lot people come here to vent, and bitch about things, and yet never once have I seen a poster here complain about how they think we need Internet fastlanes, or Internet ID numbers, or whatever the next Trojan horse is, that is meant to kill the free interent, and give corporatists and government control of the last place the thought police have no sway.

So once again I make a call for people to stop being divided so easily. We have to stand together in a united voice, and shout into the corrupt world, "Get your greedy hands off the people's internet, you damned dirty apes".

Last edited:
Agreed. Internet is the last stand and must be protected. The good with the bad.

Unified is good. But if he's not going after it then maybe best not to draw attention. :eek:

Trump has been a mixed bag so far, but my consolation prize I always remind myself, is that we aren't going to war in Syria, and that TPP is dead.

With that said the one thing that trump could do that would completely wipe out those wins, and then some, is going after the internet. Bush tried it, Obama tried it, and I am worried that trump will be the next president to try and fix something what isn't broken.

A lot people come here to vent, and bitch about things, and yet never once have I seen a poster here complain about how they think we need Internet fastlanes, or Internet ID numbers, or whatever the next Trojan horse is, that is meant to kill the free interent, and give corporatists and government control of the last place the thought police have no sway.

So once again I make a call for people to stop being divided so easily. We have to stand together in a united voice, that shouts into our corrupt world, "Get your greedy hands off the people's internet, you damned dirty apes".
Don't count your no war in Syria eggs before they hatch.

As long as my foot fetish sites are left alone.

Could be better and companies could charge less...

But yeah I agree. I have a feeling that Trump and the GOP hardliners will push for a crackdown on internet. I know Obama tried it but I can't remember where the resistance came from.

Do you think there is enough support on both aisles to pass something now? Even with Trump whom so many Democrats are against?

From my understanding American internet is like my own. Pretty shit for a developed country.

Have you read something in particular that makes it seem like Trump is going after the net? I haven't seen anything so I'm curious. I know he doesn't believe in using e-mail for critical communications, but that's his personal choice (and in light of everything that's happened, I think it's a wise move). I think he knows that without a free internet, he never would have won this election.

readImage

I wouldn't mind something faster. 7 Mbps is the best I can get out here in the sticks and I pay out the ass for it...get on it, Chump.

Have you read something in particular that makes it seem like Trump is going after the net? I haven't seen anything so I'm curious. I know he doesn't believe in using e-mail for critical communications, but that's his personal choice (and in light of everything that's happened, I think it's a wise move). I think he knows that without a free internet, he never would have won this election.

No, but Trump has made no secret that he is as business friendly as they come, and telecoms, media conglomerates, and access providers are business.

Don't count your no war in Syria eggs before they hatch.

I saw the story, but I think it more likely that no-fly zone is meant for Turkey, and SA, as for Russian and syria forces. Hell maybe it is even meant exactly for what was said, to protect civilians.

I agree.

Another thing I'm worried about is him going back to the Bush era of banning federal funding for stem cell research. Bush put research for actual regenerative medicine back 8 years. That was one of Obama's executive orders that I liked.

Could be better and companies could charge less...

But yeah I agree. I have a feeling that Trump and the GOP hardliners will push for a crackdown on internet. I know Obama tried it but I can't remember where the resistance came from.

Do you think there is enough support on both aisles to pass something now? Even with Trump whom so many Democrats are against?

I think politicians will do whatever they think they can get away with, if they think it will behoove them to do so.

I think the answer to your question has more to do with public backlash against the idea, then it does which party controls which seats of power.

This is in part my rational for this thread, as the framing of a issue can make all the difference in the world. If the framing of this issue is who is demanding a change to the internet, I don't think it will go anywhere, if it is framed as an issue of government regulation, or unleashing the private sector, the programmed battle lines will be drawn, while useful idiots form up for their team.

No, but Trump has made no secret that he is as business friendly as they come, and telecoms, media conglomerates, and access providers are business.

Gotcha. It's always a possibility, but I don't think he will go down this route. He is a populist first and foremost, and on some issues (like weed, internet, etc), I don't think he will risk alienating his voters. Either way, I agree with you, the voters need to be united and hold him accountable if this were to happen.

Gotcha. It's always a possibility, but I don't think he will go down this route. He is a populist first and foremost, and on some issues (like weed, internet, etc), I don't think he will risk alienating his voters. Either way, I agree with you, the voters need to be united and hold him accountable if this were to happen.

I hope this thread is a waste of keystrokes and thought.

Should Trump choose to go after the Internet freedom he does seem like someone that could get people on his side if this forum is any indication of his followers. The WR is full of post showing that some people praise him to the skies before he's done anything, and are willing to change with his tune. People that blindly follow instead of taking the rational stance and hope that proves to be who they hope he is.

Bump this thread with trump going after net nuetrality.

If this isn't the straw that will break the camels back, and force trump supporters to face the fact that trump is just clinton-bush-obama with a new marketing team and slogans, then their never will be a straw that breaks that camels back.

It's already filtered, monitored and corrupted with fake content lol.

it's not fine, my costs keep going up

Back