Can we all agree that Gus will be next LHW champ?

Gus is the king of dropping the ball at the big moment, ...losing the big rounds that he needed to win versus Cormier or Jones late in the fight.

Or the judges of Jones/DC fights could have just scored a one close round differently.

Must suck to become the champion because everybody has left the division..

Must suck to become the champion because everybody has left the division..

His losses to the two other champs were razor thin, though, and a rematch could easily have gone his way if he ever got them. Cormier is pushing 40, while Alex is still in his prime... if they rematched I could easily see a passing of the torch moment occuring (and I love Daniel). I would have no problem with Gustafsson fighting for the title if Cormier moves to HW and doesn't come back soon.

Sure...

Volkan will punch him into oblivion...

Oh wait, Gus will do anything to avoid him... Never mind..

Who knows when DC will come back to LHW. It's questionable if he ever will. An interim LHW situation will emerge, and Gus is way better than what's left at 205.

Also, I think Jones is the only fight that DC would come back to 205 for.
Most likely

I honestly think Anthony Johnson will be back, as well as Jon Jones.

If both those guys come back then I don't think Gustafsson will be champion, personally.

That said, if Alex does somehow become champion with DC, Jones and Johnson all absent from the division, then you have to ask yourself how genuine in that belt.

D.C. could come back. And if he doesn't, Rumble, young man, Rumble. :)

Doubtful that even in the case that rumble returns, he returns as a lhw. Have you seen the guy lately.

I could see him getting rumbled by Volkan, quite honestly.

Doubtful that even in the case that rumble returns, he returns as a lhw. Have you seen the guy lately.
Cutting to 205 isn't that hard for him, and it's not like he would do it tomorrow.

Back