Can we admit Machida is way better then Anderson?

None of these guys would have got a title shot in LW, WW, LHW during that time with the records they had at the time.

It was only because there was no one more deserving and ready in the division they did.

LW: Florian
WW: Serra, Hardy, Riggs
LHW: Horn, Belfort, Sonnen

Yeah, MW was fine.

Marquardt was on a 6 fight win streak and was a monster at the time.

Cote was on a 5 fight win streak, and won a title eliminator vs Almeida.

Okami was 26-5 at the time, was on a 3 fight win streak, and was Silva's last loss.

Yes, Machida has always been better than Anderson. Anderson just chose to fight in a far weaker division.

SIlva got the title from Rich Franklin using steriods while machida already knocked him out legit. Both of them beat Dan hendo, Bonnar and vitor belfort. SIlva is 0-6 right now... Machida's on a 2 fight win streak and his win over mousasi is better then any name silva beat.... Machida joined the division very late and has already fought all the best while Silva keeps getting caught for steriods and running from guys like Gastelum.

Machida > Silva.
2i8uiht.jpg

Always has.
Only one way to find out my dude

Starting with my conlclusion..

-------------

So again the point is not that other champs did not have the odd weak forced in for whatever reason (TUF or Marketing) but rather that their divisions had lots of legit contenders which is something Andersons did not. If he did not get those weak fights there simply was no other fights to give him that were not even weaker.

LW: Florian
Wrong. Was on a title worthy streak at LW with many wins over ranking LW names..

WW: Serra,
Like Lutter got it due to TUF but unlike with Lutter the WW division WAS stacked with worthy contenders. The MW division had NO ONE ELSE and needed Lutter.

WW Hardy,
Was on a 7 fight win streak including 4 in the UFC but I will agree he did not deserve it. The UFC was pushing British stars andhe got it over many other deserving fighters at WW. (again not the case of any of the guys at MW as there was NO ONE else)

Does not count. Outside Anderson title run.

LHW: HOrn
Does not count. Outside Anderson title run.

LHW Belfort & Sonnen
Undeserving yes but pure marketing push by the UFC. There was no shortage of contenders at LHW again unlike the MW division when those fights took place.

Yeah, MW was fine.
Ya no it wasn't and I've already shown that.

Marquardt was on a 6 fight win streak and was a monster at the time
. No in fact Marquardt hadn't fought any relevant names yet and his 'monster' run came after which is why many were pushing for a rematch so we could see prime Marquardt V Anderson. Sadly Sonnen's prime coincided and he derailed him. Marquardts run was less than Hardy's at the time of his title shot but there was no one else so he got the shot. Some (not me) point out Marquardt was a bloated WW.

Cote was on a 5 fight win streak, and won a title eliminator vs Almeida.
NO one is going to call Cote a good title contender outside Anderson huggers. Again Hardy had a better run at WW. And some (not me) point out that Cote was a bloated WW.

Okami was 26-5 at the time, was on a 3 fight win streak, and was Silva's last loss.
Yes not an impressive win streak at all but with Anderson having no one else to fight why not give him a revenge win even if the guy did not deserve it. (we'll ignore the WW comment here)

I never want to watch them fight...
Machida will back pedal to Anderson's "Air Guitar" attack for five rounds.

lol Anderson didn’t get laid out by Derek Brunson in less than 10 seconds.
<{silvanormal}>

In what universe is a 2 minute and 30 second fight even remotely exaggerated as a "less than 10 seconds" KO? I'm team Anderson but this logic is baffling to me.

No. Machida has nothing about him that's really "great". His striking is above average. It was "great' until people figured out how to counter it because it was unique. After that, it was just above average. His ground game is pretty good.

Anderson has the GOAT striking. Only a few people like Conor and TJ come close. He's in a different category.

when was the last time you seen an anderson silva fight? he is 0-6 in his last 6 fights.

Back