Can Tony have the same effect in guard as Bisping did to GSP?

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
In round 3 between bisping and GSP, Bisping was winning the ground battle imo. He was the only one doing damage and was able to control GSP from the bottom.

Can Tony do this? we all know his elbows are nasty. But will he be able to keep Khabib in his guard. And even if he does, who will be doing more damage?

Yeah but Khabib rarely stays in guard

Also Khabib > GSP on the ground

Khabib will most likey go for a side mount, or half guard; everyone already knows Tony has good elbows from the bottom

If he gets khabib in his guard I can see khabib getting in trouble. The problem is that khabib is usually not in guard. His takedowns usually leave him in side control or half guard.

Who knows thats why we are watching.

GSP had a freak neck nerve damage in Round 1, which made him more vulnerable in later rounds.

I just don’t see how Khabib loses a fight..

So naive.

'Everyone looks invincible when they're winning'

You think he's gonna retire undefeated? At times many fighters have looked unbeatable - they all lose.

You'll see, Tony will make Khabib look very vulnerable.

So naive.

You think he's gonna retire undefeated? At times many fighters have looked unbeatable - they all lose.

People said this exact thing about JJ, then look what Rose did

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif

So naive.

<bball1>

Yes bro. I meant that Khabib will be undefeated up until his 80’s...

Are you always this ‘tarded?

Ferguson will be hard pressed but he will also be prepared enough. He always attacks with strikes or sub attempts from the bottom. Both guys will have problems with the other. Ferguson won't be able to do exactly what he wants and Nurmagomedov won't find it as easy as to impose his game as in other fights.

I love the fact that this fight can generate so many questions and discussions about technique, strength, cardio, etc. The mark of a great fight.

GSP usually "hides" his face in his opponents chest in-between throwing elbows which made for a nice target for the cunty one.

How to you land elbows from bottom when your opponent is in side control? It's like you're asking to get arm triangled.

Back