Can Tim Kennedy become MW champ?

OneToeKO

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I say, without a doubt yes. And here's why...

Lets assume Bisping finally sacks up and fights Yoel. Gay Jesus obliterates him as we all expect. I think the only sane thing to do is run back Romero vs. Kennedy.

Tim arguably could've won their last fight if it weren't for Yoel's shady business on the stool. He got royally screwed.

To those saying Tim wouldn't deserve a title shot, take a look at his resume outside the octagon. Humbly served his country while keyboard warriors try to smack talk him. I follow Tim on instagram and he's probably in better shape than 75% of the roster today. If anyone deserves a title shot it's Tim Kennedy.

War Tim Kennedy!

Seems like a lot of steps
why not just have him rematch Bisping in this hypothetical, he schooled him last time

He retired. Kelvin beat the daylights out of him. Go home

If he trades in his body, mind and fight IQ with another fighter, yes. The guy who grabbed Yoel's glove to try to KO him then cried about seconds on the stool to recover from said dirty, illegal blow gets KO'd viciously by Yoel every single time out there.

Except that he is retired....even if he wasn't, and even if you aren't trolling, no he wouldn't touch the belt.

Lol Kennedy retired. He would be champ if he fights Bispijg for the belt though ahahah.

He won't beat Romero though,he only got Yoel in trouble because he cheated.

He wouldn't be top 10 on This moment.
MW is the best division ever on this moment.

definition of cool story bro

Has too many other things going on. Can't be a part time fighter any longer especially not in that division.

Who cares about being the UFC MW champ when you can beat ISIS ?

ISIS!!! Tims comin' for ya'!!!

Well Michael Bisping is champion, so at this point anything is possible.

Is this a joke? Do you see the flaws in your logic? How do these ridiculous threads get started and why am I responding?

(1) No doubt Kennedy has served his country honorable. This is the case for many MMA and non-MMA fighters. It is not criteria for a title shot. Ask Brian Stann, Marcus Brimage, Colton Smith, Brandon Vera and many others.

(2) So assume Romero beats Bisping. How is giving a retired fighter on a two fight losing streak a title shot "the only sane thing to do." Actually, it is an insane thing. Like having Mike Bisping fight Dan Henderson. While we are at it why don't we give Joseph Duffy a shot against Connor McGregor. By your logic Luke Rockhold should get a title shot over Kennedy.

(3) Ok well he looks good in Instagram photos? Damn give that boy a title shot immediately. Give Kim Kardashian one too. Remind again me how Tim Kennedy's muscles helped him against Gastelum.

Please stop posting this nonsense. I'm literally getting dumber because of you.

Winning the MW strap whilest retired would be an incredible feat for sure.

The Yoel controversy notwithstanding, Kennedy has other roadblocks to contend with in regards to a title fight with Bisping.

Namely, This VVV

giphy.gif

Is this a joke? Do you see the flaws in your logic? How do these ridiculous threads get started and why am I responding?

(1) No doubt Kennedy has served his country honorable. This is the case for many MMA and non-MMA fighters. It is not criteria for a title shot. Ask Brian Stann, Marcus Brimage, Colton Smith, Brandon Vera and many others.

(2) So assume Romero beats Bisping. How is giving a retired fighter on a two fight losing streak a title shot "the only sane thing to do." Actually, it is an insane thing. Like having Mike Bisping fight Dan Henderson. While we are at it why don't we give Joseph Duffy a shot against Connor McGregor. By your logic Luke Rockhold should get a title shot over Kennedy.

(3) Ok well he looks good in Instagram photos? Damn give that boy a title shot immediately. Give Kim Kardashian one too. Remind again me how Tim Kennedy's muscles helped him against Gastelum.

Please stop posting this nonsense. I'm literally getting dumber because of you.
There's no honor in killing women and children (as he admitted doing) nor does it deserve respect.

I say, without a doubt yes. And here's why...

Lets assume Bisping finally sacks up and fights Yoel. Gay Jesus obliterates him as we all expect. I think the only sane thing to do is run back Romero vs. Kennedy.

Tim arguably could've won their last fight if it weren't for Yoel's shady business on the stool. He got royally screwed.

To those saying Tim wouldn't deserve a title shot, take a look at his resume outside the octagon. Humbly served his country while keyboard warriors try to smack talk him. I follow Tim on instagram and he's probably in better shape than 75% of the roster today. If anyone deserves a title shot it's Tim Kennedy.

War Tim Kennedy!

Pretty sure he retired after getting brutally beat down by a fat Welterweight.

The Yoel controversy notwithstanding, Kennedy has other roadblocks to contend with in regards to a title fight with Bisping.

Namely, This VVV

giphy.gif

You gotta hand it to him, the balls to try and get the crowd into a Mexican wave while getting beat down is something.

Back