Can this season's hardcore NBA followers explain to me why Brad Stevens didn't win Coach of the Year

He should be. 53 wins despite Crowder/Horford missing nearly all of November and Bradley missing 27 games.

Regular season awards isn't something i've ever really cared about in any sport though so whatever.

Horford has basically missed the entire season with his play lmao.

Seriously, that signing isn't Parsons bad but it's brutal. Glad he chose Boston over Houston

Horford has basically missed the entire season with his play lmao.

Seriously, that signing isn't Parsons bad but it's brutal. Glad he chose Boston over Houston

Im glad he signed with the Celtics too, the thought of Amir, Big Lez, Zeller (worst player in the league) and Jerebko as our big men is frightening. Ppl like to joke around here about him but the team has been a lot better with him, ball movement when hes on the floor is night and day then when he isn't. I think his unselfishness, passing and help D benefit Isaiah significantly and hes part of the reason hes taken this big of a leap.

During the 6 game winning streak Al was the guy I hoped he'd be, the inconsistency is what I don't like. The games where he grabs 4-5 boards and only shoots 7-8 shots.

Heat were the first 60 win team to miss the playoffs. FACT

The Celtics have so many options and such a bright future that I'm sure Stevens will eventually get COTY and perhaps a chip too. Arguably, what Stevens did last year without max-contract Horford and before Isaiah Thomas's breakout season was MORE impressive. You can also argue that the Celtics being the #1 seed this year was more about Cleveland underachieving than Boston overachieving. You know, considering that getting a blue chip free agent and having a breakout superstar on their team only added 5 wins.

Im glad he signed with the Celtics too, the thought of Amir, Big Lez, Zeller (worst player in the league) and Jerebko as our big men is frightening. Ppl like to joke around here about him but the team has been a lot better with him, ball movement when hes on the floor is night and day then when he isn't. I think his unselfishness, passing and help D benefit Isaiah significantly and hes part of the reason hes taken this big of a leap.

During the 6 game winning streak Al was the guy I hoped he'd be, the inconsistency is what I don't like. The games where he grabs 4-5 boards and only shoots 7-8 shots.
I'm a big fan of how he's played in the playoffs. The market is what it is these days. Celtics have the cap space to carry it even if he under-performs badly in the latter half of the contract.

People dismiss the 1 seed by saying ohh Cleveland didn't care, but the 2 seed aint shabby either if what's blocking them is a motivated Bern

Only coach I'd take over President Stevens is probably Pop, but Pop is also pushing 70. Long term there's nobody I'd rather have

the wiz won 8 more games than last season by pretty much only adding Bogdanovich mid season under the helm of... Scott Brooks?

wait, what

the wiz won 8 more games than last season by pretty much only adding Bogdanovich mid season under the helm of... Scott Brooks?

wait, what

Beal didn't miss a big chunk of last year and he and Wall had significantly better years.

wait, what
I'm not going to bother making the argument that he should have been COTY, but Brooks definitely changed my opinion of him this year. Injuries and the team finally just not responding to Whitman had them underperforming last year though.

id personally give it to Spo, even w/ missing the yoffs. That second half was no joke, and that roster was literally castoffs + Dragic and whiteside

Dantoni is legit, but that team is pretty damn talented if we're being honest. Rycan got over his fiancé's death and played much better this year, They even added the Lakers best player, sweet lou, to give them the best two sixth mans in the league currently. Cmon son, when you add that to core of Harden/Bev/Ariza that's not that bad IMO

Hard to back a candidate for CoTY when his team missed the yoffs, especially when they lost to the fuckin Bricks at home with a yoffs spot on the line

well ya, but if it was really coach of the year pop would win every year, or Carlisle previously

I mean people here consistently give him credit for kawhi's development, which would mean he's COTY right? who else turns castoffs like Dedmon into legit role players (besides Spo)? Even has the audacity to bench good players/former stars like Aldridge and Gasol for not playing D, and that's extremely rare

leading a team w/ one all star to the second best record in the tougher conf? if that's not legit, then what is. The warriors had 4 all stars and the back to back defending MVP for reference

Hard to back a candidate for CoTY when his team missed the yoffs, especially when they lost to the fuckin Bricks at home with a yoffs spot on the line

Cool, they still finished 30-11 when they had the team at full strength and Dijon only missing a handful of the second half of the season.

Stick to foosball my dude, at least you're slightly competent in analyzing that when you don't have the former mr Munn's dick down your throat.

At least he drafted his own fantasy team lmao

Who gives a fuck who votes for awards, we all know who is good

You start the year 11-30 and finish it 30-11 you're COTY, you start a year 30-11 and finish it 11-30 and you're literally canned. Even if you got a bad roster.

Cool, they still finished 30-11 when they had the team at full strength and Dijon only missing a handful of the second half of the season.

Stick to foosball my dude, at least you're slightly competent in analyzing that when you don't have the former mr Munn's dick down your throat.
Lol at the end it's the same line every time. They were at home and that Bricks lineup was a joke

Spo did a great jerb with a shaky roster but he isn't CoTY

Back