Can someone tell Sonnen Fedor's Judo credentials?

That's why people say, which is I think it's a shame Minakov is not in UFC. Well, that's what people has been saying, but I don't really think we have a lot of Russian sambo guys on Sherdog anyways.

But, I don't think there has been Russian guy who has been a better Judoka than Fedor who did sports Sambo for Russia, since for someone to do that, you probably had to be number 1 or 2 at your weigh class, and Russian heavyweights from my understanding is pretty strong worldwide. I do think there have been world medalist from Judo who competed in sports sambo like Mongolia, and etc.

I mean, it's been some years since I wiked it, and lots of sambo events doesn't have all the infos, but when I checked it, I didn't see Russian Sports Sambo or Combat Sambo guy who had better Judo background than Fedor, but I've seen some Judo world medalist who went into Sports Sambo and medalled there.

For example, I think Minakov fought and beat a multiple? time Judo world medalist? I think could be wrong at world sports sambo finals.

Yeah most top sport sambo guys don't bother with mma which is a shame, I feel it would be a better base for mma then Judo as you can grab the legs and go for double/single and they have more time on the ground then modern judo.

A shame Minakov career has gone nowhere past couple years he had real talent he performed one the best reversals I've seen from being under side control in one of his sambo matches. I know he beat teddy riner way back in the day.

It's the practitioner of the martial art that matters, not the martial art itself. Every grappling art can be a good base for MMA if the practitioner is a special talent.

Lol at making such a long post over something Sonnen said. Are you also gonna tell him how people actually use computers in Brazil and ride buses?

Lol at making such a long post over something Sonnen said. Are you also gonna tell him how people actually use computers in Brazil and ride buses?

Not about what he said but you prob tldr

Fedor ducked Yoshida

That would have been a lovely fight. And likely have resulted in yoshidas death.
But wish we would have seen it. For me Yoshida is the best Judo one trick of all time. He has the most beautiful throws.

Back