Can someone refresh my memory: why is Silva getting an immediate rematch vs. Weidman?

bbbut he didn't win the fight. and not only did he not win but he lost. and not only did he lose but he got finished. and not only did he get finished but he got koed. and not only did he get koed but he got koed COLD. and machida? fedor? purely logic illogical!!!!!

derp

Did I say he didn't get finished cleanly? That was nowhere in my argument.

Machida isn't an all-time great and Fedor lost in a different organization, as part of a tournament and in a non-title fight.

You missed the point that I was trying to make...great fighters can lose and they can lose relatively quickly/get caught.

16-0 in the UFC hasn't been done by anyone and he's a legend for that but it's not like he's getting an immediate rematch for a shaky judges' decision. The manner in which he lost and the fact that he's getting an immediate rematch as a reward for getting finished by the guy he's having said immediate rematch with makes this a totally different story.

He's gonna go down as a legend no matter what way you cut it. That's not in dispute. But does every all-time great with a legacy deserve an immediate rematch if they lose a title defense/get finished by their title challenger?

That sounds like an intelligent rebuttal.

I was imitating you but ok lol. I'm sure in your eyes that was a pure logical intelligent response.

Did I say he didn't get finished cleanly? That was nowhere in my argument.

Machida isn't an all-time great and Fedor lost in a different organization, as part of a tournament and in a non-title fight.

I was pretending to be Ts, holy shet is it that hard to see.

After getting stopped/KTFO though? I can't think of too many off the top of my head.

do you remember a guy named rich franklin? and decisions resulting in immediate rematches? b.j. penn? frankie edgar?

So...who should Anderson have to fight to earn a rematch? He's already beaten most of the top contenders. He's a legendary champion, an icon of the sport. That earns him a title shot rematch.

So how did you feel when Sonnen got a shot against Jones?

NO REALLY? Hell yeah it's a chance to reset for Anderson. The guy has the most title defense in UFC history and he loses by a freak KO ( don't give me that crap about Weidman winning, that's all opinion).

Oh and your Holy Shertardness thinks Anderson deserves the right to grind his way back up the ladder? Aww you're too kind.

Fine then don't give me crap about believing that there should be something of a pecking order when deciding title fights and that giving someone an immediate rematch against the guy who put him out in his last fight to take his title doesn't make a great deal of sense.

do you remember a guy named rich franklin? georges st pierre? and decisions resulting in immediate rematches? b.j. penn? frankie edgar?

Yeah but they aren't BLACK.

There I said what Ts has been wanting to say all along.

As someone who was quite happy that Weidman won and hopes that he will win again, I would like to know why he shouldn't get a rematch.
Anderson was undefeated in UFC before facing Weidman and was a dominant champion for years. If anyone deserves a rematch after losing a UFC title, it is Anderson Silva.

do you remember a guy named rich franklin? georges st pierre? and decisions resulting in immediate rematches? b.j. penn? frankie edgar?

Yeah I do remember Franklin and GSP. Neither of the two ever got an immediate title rematch after getting finished though. Not sure where you meant to go with that.

Like I just got done alluding to with you. Losing via decision is an entirely different story than getting KO'd.

Because dollars.

If this was confusing to you, you should be ashamed.

Imo Vitor should have gotten the next shot and Silva should have maybe fought one time before another title shot.

Made the most sense, but Weidman shouldn't have to defend his belt the first time in brazil

Seems like anyone that follows mma enough to wonder why Anderson is getting a rematch should already know Dana White said he'd get an immediate rematch if he lost, seen a few of these threads, and don't really believe the thread starters are asking the question honestly, they're trolling/trying to start an argument about whether Anderson deserves it...can argue all day about which guy "deserves" rematches but deserve has nothing to do with it, The UFCs matches are set by Joe Silva, Dana White and whoever else is involved in that process, based partially on previous performances, partly on perceived entertainment value, and partly on what side of the bed these guys wake up on, that's how it is, absorb the info and deal with it.

I was imitating you but ok lol. I'm sure in your eyes that was a pure logical intelligent response.

Yeah I thought that was clear. I was responding to your bullshit mockery as if what I said didn't make any sense to you.

At this point you're just arguing for argument's sake/to win some sort of bs argument. I'm willing to be persuaded with the right argument. If you're just gonna bitch at someone because they have an unpopular opinion than maybe this isn't the right place for you (in hindsight maybe this is the perfect place for you...).

The reason for this rematch is simple, MONEY. This will likely be the biggest, most viewed, highest grossing PPV in UFC history. On a personal level I belive he deserves an immediate rematach after reigning as the top P4P fighter.

Who should Anderson fight instead? Rematch vitor( who makes his own matches). Michael bisping? Munoz?

It was agreed before the fight took place, even Weidman made that offer before Dana made the announcement. Hope that's enough.

on this forum, yes

lol You're right.

Oh and let me end this thread real quick: In interviews before the fight Weidman repeatedly said he would beat Anderson and then beat him again at MSG (he knew he would have to beat Anderson twice no matter what went down in the first fight).

idk....legend. his streak as champion. his previous undefeated record in UFC...idk man?? idk...

Back