Can someone refresh my memory: why is Silva getting an immediate rematch vs. Weidman?

Umm, Yes it is fair. As it's been stated over and over, when you've been the fucking man for so long, it's only right of the UFC to give him a rematch. It'll be a huge PPV draw for both guys, so it's a huge money day.
Besides its a mute point anyways, they are fighting and if u don't think its fair, then too fucking bad.

He was using sarcasm, and it's moot point.

The stupid is strong with the TS.

Purple belts shouldn't be allowed to start threads.

Prize fighting.

Do you think anyone brings more to the table than Anderson Silva for Weidman?

Let's say Weidman takes the Jacare fight, the buy rate would likely be significantly less. Meaning less fans would be interested, and less money to be made.

Not fighting Anderson is money out the window, for all three parties.

You're right, but I'm just going to throw this out there.

Being the champion is inherently profitable, even if you aren't fighting that often.
Anderson is probably the most dangerous fight for Weidman.
Weidman already beat Anderson.

We've seen a lot of fighters kill themselves to get the belt, then coast when they get there. We have no idea how much they make from sponsorships and the like as champions.

It's possible (likely?) that none of this makes any difference, but it's worth considering.

The same haters that pretend that wiedman is a better fighter are the same babies crying because there's a rematch. In prize fighting , long time champions get a immediate rematch almost without exception. Get over it .

You're right, but I'm just going to throw this out there.

Being the champion is inherently profitable, even if you aren't fighting that often.
Anderson is probably the most dangerous fight for Weidman.
Weidman already beat Anderson.

We've seen a lot of fighters kill themselves to get the belt, then coast when they get there. We have no idea how much they make from sponsorships and the like as champions.

It's possible (likely?) that none of this makes any difference, but it's worth considering.

Are you suggesting avoiding tough booking to increase your days as champion/money?

I think the UFC would make it tough. Anderson didn't want Sonnen II, but money changed that. According to Rogan and his podcast.

The UFC gets to sell the same match ups to us twice...Andy vs Weidman II, Jon vs. Gus II,

oh and I almost forgot JDS vs Cain III!!!

Back