Can someone refresh my memory: why is Silva getting an immediate rematch vs. Weidman?

Because he's Anderson fuckin Silva.

This. And I think Dana had something to do with it.
If AS hadnt defended so many times, IDK if he should get a rematch.
IDK if a rematch clause is in the contract or not, but its up to the UFC
to decide on it.

Because he is Anderson Silva. I don't really like him all that much, but his talent is undeniable and if anyone deserves an immediate rematch it's him.

Probably in recent memory you seen Silva as just a champ, if you watched mma even in late 00's you would know he was a champ even back then.

What a stupid question. Maybe because he deafened the belt like 100 times and had never lost before in the UFC....

Idc who it is.

To bad for you most of us do.

Just because some people (and definitely the UFC as an organization) believe that Anderson is the greatest, he deserves an immediate rematch against the guy who JUST dethroned him via knocking him out cold?
Yes.

Anderson Silva should be enough as an answer.

It's not. He should have to fight like 2-3 fights before getting a Weidman rematch like anyone other top MW would have to. What makes it worse is that he's getting this immediate rematch against the guy who just dominated and KO'd him. In no way, shape, or form does he deserve an immediate rematch (as in his last fight ended up with Weidman doing what he did to him) against the man who just dethroned him decisively even if Anderson is considered a p4p great.

Not important.
I would worry about short term memory loss if I were you tho.

Worst case, you can tatoo the reason for the Silva Rematch on your body and read it in the Mirror every morning.

Because...... Money?

Not that hard to understand.

aaaaand still...

53fe383a0c4f11e383fe22000a1fa511_7.jpg

$$$

Nothing else.

Anderson Silva was handed a rematch because it was a good business move. Plain and simple. No fighter who's coming off a convincing loss, and let alone a knockout loss deserves a rematch. Fanboys will claim he was given the rematch because he was a dominant champion, Dana will say the same, but if we review history you won't find many (if any) dominant champions that were given an instant rematch after a fair loss.

Truth is businessmen could care less about who deserves what, title shots are often given based on marketability, and there's no bigger fight at MW that a rematch between Chris and Anderson.

Let's consider the possibility that Anderson might be on his way down and about to have a streak of losses. Strictly from a business perspective, do you think it's a smart choice to have the guy you hyped as #1 P4P and GOAT losing to some other contender? or is it better to immediatly match him against the champion and hype it as the biggest rematch ever? The answer is pretty obvious.

The UFC needs to make as much cash out of Silva while they can, thus an immediate and undeserving rematch was handed to him.

Last edited:
It's not. He should have to fight like 2-3 fights before getting a Weidman rematch like anyone other top MW would have to. What makes it worse is that he's getting this immediate rematch against the guy who just dominated and KO'd him. In no way, shape, or form does he deserve an immediate rematch (as in his last fight ended up with Weidman doing what he did to him) against the man who just dethroned him decisively even if Anderson is considered a p4p great.

Oh I get it.

You're one of those people that starts a thread to ask a question that you already know the answer to. Then when everyone tells you the answer that you already knew but disagree with, you argue with them to tell them they are wrong.

Kind of like the guy that asked, "Why is Cormier called Black Fedor?" Everyone gave him every possible reason and he did his best to dispute them all.

Your question is, "Why is he getting an immediate rematch?"

You damn well know why.

Imo Vitor should have gotten the next shot and Silva should have maybe fought one time before another title shot.

Lol, Anderson Silva, the current p4p greatest of all time finally loses and Vitor, who got his ass whooped by Anderson by the way, deserves a shot first for beating Bisping and Rockhold.

This is why they hate us.

This is why I rarely come on these boards anymore. What kind of dumb ass question is that Ts, are you that stupid?

Not important.
I would worry about short term memory loss if I were you tho.

Worst case, you can tatoo the reason for the Silva Rematch on your body and read it in the Mirror every morning.

Wow. Well some of you are just taking this really personally.

So aside from AS having a clause in his contract for it (which is something I can understand)

"He's Anderson Silva" is enough for him to be allowed to hit the reset button.

I don't particularly like or dislike Anderson as a fighter but some of the "justification" I'm seeing in this thread is just downright illogical.

Lol, Anderson Silva, the current p4p greatest of all time finally loses and Vitor, who got his ass whooped by Anderson by the way, deserves a shot first for beating Bisping and Rockhold.

This is why they hate us.

I agree with him. This immediate rematch shit is stupid. If there's controversy than ya go at it again, but outside of that it's simply for $$$

Oh I get it.

You're one of those people that starts a thread to ask a question that you already know the answer to. Then when everyone tells you the answer that you already knew but disagree with, you argue with them to tell them they are wrong.

Kind of like the guy that asked, "Why is Cormier called Black Fedor?" Everyone gave him every possible reason and he did his best to dispute them all.

Your question is, "Why is he getting an immediate rematch?"

You damn well know why.
Do you get it? I have my own take on it.

I didn't know that AS had it as a clause in his contract so previously I thought that this was Dana and co. going trying to salvage Anderson as a champ/cash cow. Weidman can eventually be really marketable too but like some of the people itt have said "He's Anderson Silva".

But no. I'm not Dana or Anderson and frankly nor did I look into it myself (hence why I asked here) so no I didn't exactly know the answer when I made this thread.

Back