Can someone fill me in on this President Duterte? Is he really an evil man?

"It's only a couple of people". As if that's ok.

Seriously listen to yourself. How in the fuck could you be advocating this kind of shit?

It doesn't matter where I live. I don't abandon my principles because "meh, they are a 3rd world country and it's just a couple of brown people".

The point is I actually try and validate my beliefs, if I have evidence to the contrary I change my mistaken belief. I'm advocating less invasions into other cultures and their right to chose for themselves their own way. Its called freedom. An invasion can be physical, cultural educational.

I'm guessing you haven't been to fuck all. You take that attitude to another country(any other) and start telling them their way of life is wrong and you'll be seeing a dentist for false teeth.

Now you can explain to me what your principles are in life and how much you have sacrificed in life for them?

I'd still appreciate an answer not a misdirection, where are you from?

Just answer the question mate, where's home for you?

I'm saying that unless you are a resident/citizen(or ex) in or of the Philippines the choice isn't yours to make.

Where are you from?

EDIT- Have you ever left your home country?

It doesn't matter where I'm from or where I've been.

I don't need to visit Cambodia to recognize that Pol Pot was a murderous asshole.

And I'm not saying that the US, or whomever, should swoop in and do something about it. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it, or support it by saying "they are better off" without due process, because 38% of the people voted him into office.

Erhm. I don't like that they are different. Makes me uncomfortable.

Are Philippinos really that savage that everyone will start murdering people they don't like now?

Sherdog is nuts.
That is not a Filipino trait. It happens everywhere you can denounce a person and they get killed without judgment. In the Soviet Union people would denounce people they didn't like as capitalists, in Germany as Jews, and so on. So police or some vigilantes go to their home and kill them. Not nice.

Having said that, they are probably a lot more savage than your average westerner from a western point of view. Not long ago they had juramentados. Guys that took an oath and went in a trance like state and killed everybody in their path with a sword to repeal invaders like the spanish, americans and japanese.

The point is I actually try and validate my beliefs, if I have evidence to the contrary I change my mistaken belief. I'm advocating less invasions into other cultures and their right to chose for themselves their own way. Its called freedom. An invasion can be physical, cultural educational.

I'm guessing you haven't been to fuck all. You take that attitude to another country(any other) and start telling them their way of life is wrong and you'll be seeing a dentist for false teeth.

Now you can explain to me what your principles are in life and how much you have sacrificed in life for them?

I'd still appreciate an answer not a misdirection, where are you from?

So what you are saying is, that you support one man's freedom to kill another man, without due process.

And stop with the strawman. I'm not into planting flags in people's backyards.

EDIT. I'm from San Diego

Last edited:
We're too poor to have principles. That's why we have rich(relatively speaking), principled people judging us.

Come on buddy, principles aren't determined by financial status. Poor people can be principled just like rich people. Give yourself some credit.

It doesn't matter where I'm from or where I've been.

I don't need to visit Cambodia to recognize that Pol Pot was a murderous asshole.

And I'm not saying that the US, or whomever, should swoop in and do something about it. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it, or support it by saying "they are better off" without due process, because 38% of the people voted him into office.

To me it does, I'd like to know how well travelled a person is when talking about another countries issues. If you don't wish to say fair enough but try experiences other cultures before drawing your conclusion on what's going on.

It amazes me that anyone(at this stage) can keep referring him to Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin. Its a huge leap of a conclusion.

The only thing I'm saying is respect another countries right to govern themselves. Their are plenty of countries that view capital punishment as barbaric yet they don't start dictating to other countries that they are wrong.

To me it does, I'd like to know how well travelled a person is when talking about another countries issues. If you don't wish to say fair enough but try experiences other cultures before drawing your conclusion on what's going on.

It amazes me that anyone(at this stage) can keep referring him to Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin. Its a huge leap of a conclusion.

The only thing I'm saying is respect another countries right to govern themselves. Their are plenty of countries that view capital punishment as barbaric yet they don't start dictating to other countries that they are wrong.

I don't think someone needs to travel/immerse themself in another culture to recognize that execution without due process is wrong.

Come on buddy, principles aren't determined by financial status. Poor people can be principled just like rich people. Give yourself some credit.
I know. But 9 out of 10 principled people are destitute.

So what you are saying is, that you support one man's freedom to kill another man, without due process.

And stop with the strawman. I'm not into planting flags in people's backyards.

EDIT. I'm from San Diego, ie. little Manila.

In the US or Eastern Visayas Philippines?

No but I'm not so arrogant to tell another culture what that due process is as that's for the country to decide for themselves. I haven't been to 20 counties but I've been to enough to see that due process is nothing but a belief. If they have decided as a whole that this is their due process its their choice to make, its also their choice to unmake, adjust, change or scrap. The point is people need to respect that other people do things differently and allow there due process to be followed in the manner they wish.

I respect the people on here that live there telling their views, no matter what side they are on.
What I don't respect is people spewing garbage that they haven't actually researched like a damn trained Parrot. Have never lived the life or even done a damn thing about it but bitch on the internet in the comfort and safety of there home.

That is not a Filipino trait. It happens everywhere you can denounce a person and they get killed without judgment. In the Soviet Union people would denounce people they didn't like as capitalists, in Germany as Jews, and so on. So police or some vigilantes go to their home and kill them. Not nice.

Having said that, they are probably a lot more savage than your average westerner from a western point of view. Not long ago they had juramentados. Guys that took an oath and went in a trance like state and killed everybody in their path with a sword to repeal invaders like the spanish, americans and japanese.
It's basically the spanish inquisition down there. But yeah, I know some of rich publicly known big time drug dealers roaming around freely. Now, if they also kill the chinese nationals, producing & distributing illegal drugs, I'm ok with that.

In the US or Eastern Visayas Philippines?

No but I'm not so arrogant to tell another culture what that due process is as that's for the country to decide for themselves. I haven't been to 20 counties but I've been to enough to see that due process is nothing but a belief. If they have decided as a whole that this is their due process its their choice to make, its also their choice to unmake, adjust, change or scrap. The point is people need to respect that other people do things differently and allow there due process to be followed in the manner they wish.

I respect the people on here that live there telling their views, no matter what side they are on.
What I don't respect is people spewing garbage that they haven't actually researched like a damn trained Parrot. Have never lived the life or even done a damn thing about it but bitch on the internet in the comfort and safety of there home.

And yet here you are, bitching about people bitching from the comfort and safety of your home.

This is a discussion forum. We are having a discussion.

I don't agree that just because some people think it's ok to kill other people without due process, regardless of their culture, is ok.

Just as I don't agree that 12yo little girls being accused of practicing witchcraft should be burned alive, cultural justification or not.

I would not stand by with my thumb up my ass while I watched a little kid get raped because someone's culture says the priests need to search for the devil's mark. You apparently would.

Does that mean I'm advocating Western powers do something about it? Not necessarily. I don't pretend to have the answers. It doesn't mean I have to agree with violating another human's right to at the very least defend themself before being killed, based on finger pointing, or suspicion.

And yet here you are, bitching about people bitching from the comfort and safety of your home.

This is a discussion forum. We are having a discussion.

I don't agree that just because some people think it's ok to kill other people without due process, regardless of their culture, is ok.

Just as I don't agree that 12yo little girls being accused of practicing witchcraft should be burned alive, cultural justification or not.

I would not stand by with my thumb up my ass while I watched a little kid get raped because someone's culture says the priests need to search for the devil's mark. You apparently would.

Are you going to tell me that if you saw some people

Does that mean I'm advocating Western powers do something about it? Not necessarily. I don't pretend to have the answers. It doesn't mean I have to agree with violating another human's right to at the very least defend themself before being killed, based on finger pointing, or suspicion.

Well the difference is I stayed there (1-2 months in all) for a while assessing whether I would live there on a permanent basis. I talked to both expats and locals alike for their views on anything and everything to try and get an understanding of the country, people, beliefs and customs. I gave a shit load more than I took and respected them as a different culture with different beliefs to mine. I chose not to live there because their belief system was too incompatible to mine.

This does not give me the right to tell them how wrong they are in their own countries choices. If asked I explained but if not I minded my own business and tried to see it from their point of view and show them the respect that as a culture they can chose their own beliefs, systems and due process.

The point is they have a due process at the moment of a vigilantism of sorts which seems to be supported by more Philippino's than not. Its their choice not mine, no matter what I believe.

Its amazing the leaps of judgement you make about me, more so using emotionally charged statement to try and put me on the back foot. I've had broken bones defending strangers, given the shirt of my back and given enough to others that I feel I am comfortable in giving no more unless I wont to. I certainly need not explain myself to you about respect as you seem to have it in abundance for your own beliefs.

I got caught in these threads because of some of the bullying and misrepresentation of the facts to suit agendas. For some of them English is their second language and I feel they are behind the eight ball when trying to express themselves. I'll be fucked if I'll stand by and say nothing while they are being taken out of context because they aren't as fluent as their opposition and are being dictated to by the majority who in all honesty have never left their own state let alone country.

It's basically the spanish inquisition down there. But yeah, I know some of rich publicly known big time drug dealers roaming around freely. Now, if they also kill the chinese nationals, producing & distributing illegal drugs, I'm ok with that.

Are you referring to Peter Lim?

For every Peter Lim, there's probably 30 of them in warehouses out in the boondocks Heisenberging.

I think everyone is too distracted about EJK and the Drug War. But my biggest concern and criticism of the D30 admin is his hard leftist allies and his proposal for a deal with the NPA which is now out of control.

Have you heard about the issue with the Kadamay?

I think everyone is too distracted about EJK and the Drug War. But my biggest concern and criticism of the D30 admin is his hard leftist allies and his proposal for a deal with the NPA which is now out of control.

Have you heard about the issue with the Kadamay?
Nope.

You have to be kidding me. We have 100 PMP threads a week intermingled with both sides of the McGregor crap and you call this trolling.

You call me a cunt because my opinion differs from yours and suddenly have an attack of sensitivity when I give back in the same manner. I used communist because (to me)you seemed sensitive to the term and were showing traits of its mentality.

Have you thought that the reason for this "populist surge" is that more people believe in this than not and are sick to death of the bullshit from people who give fuck all in life but their esteemed opinion. Perhaps the Philippino people got sick of opinions and wanted someone who actually did something

Being both popular and elected I think we can safely safe that he and his views are supported by the majority of his electorate.
Fucking irrelevant to this discussion. Perhaps that's why I don't post in those threads to begin with.

I pointed out that you were acting cunt-y, which you were, when you jumped all over me correctly using the term populist and then called me a communist like an idiot. You're embarrassing yourself with this nonsense.

I'm not a populist, I'm a constitutionalist. If you want to be a populist, go ahead, but don't expect me to agree with you.

I don't care if the average idiot supports it, I support what I want to support. I'm an individual and I refuse to allow my rights to be trampled on by thugs. You and I have very different worldviews, which is fine, so let's just leave it at that. This shit got contentious because you made a cunt-y reply to a post of mine that wasn't addressed to you and which was not disrespectful towards you or anyone here, I merely discussed the topic of this thread in a calm rational manner. Quit trying to sidetrack this thread with your bullshit.

Back