Can someone explain why I should care about the royal family?

I guess I've been influenced too much by movies, but I mostly think of British people as sitting around while finely dressed, smoking pipes, reminiscing about the good old days of the Empire and randomly yelling out "God Save the Queen!" while slamming their hand on the table.

I'll take it over people in tanktops or hipster outfits with blue hair, vaping, reminiscing about nothing because everything that has ever happened is oppressive, and randomly yelling out shit about Trump.

I'll take it over people in tanktops or hipster outfits with blue hair, vaping, reminiscing about nothing because everything that has ever happened is oppressive, and randomly yelling out shit about Trump.

Oh, I agree.

That vision in my head is not really one I think negatively about. I kind of wish England really was that way.

I wish the royal family had some special needs prince that was a constant embarrassment.

Someone like Ruprecht.

giphy.gif

Then I'd pay attention to them.
have you heard Charles speak?

For years, the American media has been trying to make the British royals a thing even though I have never met an American with the slightest interest in these useless goofs.

Is there any reason I should be fawning over them the way the media tells me I should?
Agreed.

We literally fought a war to get away from that family.

I remember years ago, one of the Today Show hosts (Jenna Wolf) made a comment that they "had" do do a fluffy update on the royal family. Her snark was awesome to witness.

I don't think she works there anymore.

Last edited:
The US fought for it's independence to get away from any form of monarchy.

images

I work with like 6 women and 5 of them seem pretty meh about it. The 6th 1 is English and gets very lordy and aggressive if you don't praise the Royal Family.

But but they bring in so much money with letting tourists into Buckingham Palace!!

have you heard Charles speak?

When Her Majesty throws a 7, the Royal Family is doomed. Charles is a fucking cretin, a lifetime spent wallowing in self-pity and bitterness, convinced of his own intellectual and moral authority, and desperate to become King.

Actually, reading that back, I’ve just described most of today’s young people, Royal ambitions aside. Charles - King of the snowflakes.

Tell me about it. My missus works in nuclear power and, given where we live, a lot of the engineers she works with have really heavy yokel accents. I’m sure they know what they are doing, but when you listen to them speak you can’t help but worry that these people are responsible for the safety of nuclear power plants...

Hinkly point eh? In fairness a lot of those come from Bridgewater and people from there are legitimately retarded.

Maybe because the independence of the USA was never really recognised and at some point she's going to stride across your land like the statue of liberty, a colossus shooting corgies out of her eyes.

Kate is quite the woman. Pops out a kid at 11AM and heads home at 7PM. Reminds me of the Vietnamese women popping out kids in the rice paddies and hardly pausing to pick it up.

Most people have no interest in the british royal family.

Back