Can someone explain to me why Paulie Malignaggi is a good commentator

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
In terms of boxing commentating a lot of people say 'he is the best we have had for years!'

<FookIsThatGuy>

Am i the only one who thinks he is a stumbling, mumbling mess? He talks way too fast, doesnt offer much real technical analysis and is basically a time filller. Consistent rambling doesnt equal a good commentator. Dan Hardy could provide better boxing commentating than paulie. The myth he is a great commentator is exactly that- a myth.

I feel like someone said he is good then everyone felt obliged to agree for some strange reason. Tell me im not the only person who thinks this

Don't remember listening to him.

If it's not HBO , I have to watch it in french here in Québec.... -_-

Because he got punched in the head for a living

He knows his shit if you dont believe me Mayweather will tell you

Best part at 4:15 Floyd is so shook he turns to the camera starts laughing in amusement, points at the phone and says "he know about boxing, he know about boxing!"

Why is he on the team when he is showing up to get in Conor's face? He will be talking shit about him for as long as the fight goes.

There are plenty better, but why are you so triggered TS?

For boxing standards, he is like their John Danaher in terms of intelligence. You have to remember this is a community that thinks boxing is this elite science and prop it up with a lot of pompous and grandiose talk, yet Evander Holyfield can master it.

Been a boxing fan for many years, bought many ppv's. stopped watching a few years ago when ducking, corrupt decisions, and overrated and overpaid contenders took over the sport. Paulie is the best commentator p4p (a guy with no background in journalism/ research/ announcing) I have heard

Why is he on the team when he is showing up to get in Conor's face? He will be talking shit about him for as long as the fight goes.
He had big time beef with Broner and that's never gotten in the way of him staying neutral during his commentary.

He's ok, but he definitely shows signs of being punched in the head when he gets excited. The whole thing is weird to me. We all know that mcgregor can murder both of them. No diss on boxing, that's just the truth. But for some reason it's semi entertaining. Part of me wished mcgregor would just grab Paulie and show the world how defenseless he would be if Conor wanted to go. Its basically handicapping a guy for a fight to see how he does. Still buying it though.

Because he's gonna be the next big money fight with Connie after Mayfeather- he will say some stuff to get it hyped up, guaranteed

He's ok, but he definitely shows signs of being punched in the head when he gets excited. The whole thing is weird to me. We all know that mcgregor can murder both of them. No diss on boxing, that's just the truth. But for some reason it's semi entertaining. Part of me wished mcgregor would just grab Paulie and show the world how defenseless he would be if Conor wanted to go. Its basically handicapping a guy for a fight to see how he does. Still buying it though.
You sound like a stable person.

In terms of boxing commentating a lot of people say 'he is the best we have had for years!'

<FookIsThatGuy>

Am i the only one who thinks he is a stumbling, mumbling mess? He talks way too fast, doesnt offer much real technical analysis and is basically a time filller. Consistent rambling doesnt equal a good commentator. Dan Hardy could provide better boxing commentating than paulie. The myth he is a great commentator is exactly that- a myth.

I feel like someone said he is good then everyone felt obliged to agree for some strange reason. Tell me im not the only person who thinks this
He's an idiot and pretty much what you described. Another thing, is i don't know why people are going crazy if Connor beat him up in sparring! He's not even an elite boxer. He's a c class fighter and joe rogan & brenden are rambling about how now connor has a chance to ko mayweather now! Please bitches mayweather is elite while paulie is not even gatekeeper status.

He'd never talk about another guy's side chick...

It's kind of like watching Nate and Conor fight., while it's happening we all know Nate could murder Conor if he wanted to, but for some reason it's semi entertaining. Part of. Me wished Nate would have just held the choke and put Conor out of his misery, just to show how defenseless he would be if Nate wanted to end Conor's ife.

Back