Can someone explain 'job loyalty' to me?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If a company could increase their bottom line by $10K by firing you, they'd fire you in a second. Even if you've only been working for them for 6 months.

If another job is willing to pay them $10K more, some people still feel a creepy sense of needing to be 'loyal' to their company. The less time they work for the employer, the more loyal they feel.

What? Why?

If a company could increase their bottom line by $10K by firing you, they'd fire you in a second. Even if you've only been working for them for 6 months.

If another job is willing to pay them $10K more, some people still feel a creepy sense of needing to be 'loyal' to their company. The less time they work for the employer, the more loyal they feel.

What? Why?
Ive been with my company for 11 years and i would leave in a heartbeat for more money, better hours, etc...... They would also fire me at the drop of a hat so to answer your question i dont know either

It doesnt exist because CEOs stopped being loyal to employees who built thier companies.

Job Loyalty exist only IF...your working for your family.

My family owns a restaurant and I help out with prepping and what have you. There were times when I was going through some rough patches and I was temperamental. Within that time, I got in to some heated arguments but after things cooled off after some period of time, I was welcomed back as if nothing happened and its been over a year since we have been cool.

In any other occupations, I would have been fired and black listed forever. Other times and other jobs, the employer demanded the employees to be loyal because its a sign of "Character" meanwhile they had no problem kicking people out for smallest reason.

What? Why?

So, job loyalty will only help you in the sense that when prospective employers see you’ve worked a job for a long time, they like that because it signals that you aren’t going to just leave right after starting there.

And if you’re asking why people feel more loyalty when they’ve been at a job a shorter amount of time, it’s probably more that they are just greatful that they got the job because obviously they need it.

Job loyalty really is a relic of the baby boomer days and probably before. I imagine employers used to reward employees, who stuck with the company through hard times, by raising their pay when times were good.

That shit is over now. Baby boomers destroyed that shit by changing the rules of the game so that the only businesses with any kind of real ltime my term success are major corporations who don’t give a shit about their employees, and baby boomers killed unions too, despite being members of unions.

religion sin, job loyality, white guilt, bro code etc :D

Whatever does the trick to make you feel you should do / not do something even if goes against your interest, making you feel "wrong" otherwise

You should be the one chosing what is your moral code, not others

Job loyalty doesn't exist anymore

Tbh i have my own version of it
Like example if not forced otherwise by the new workplace, i will find a way to leave without left my current team in the shit

in our life, there's "if".
in our beliefs, there's "lie".
in our business, there's "sin".
in our bodies, there's "die".

No. Everyone is after their own end goals and being loyal to your employer in most cases makes no sense but you should always do a good job and be honest.

Job loyalty no? I have to admit I have "boss loyalty" if that's a thing. He gave me a shot even though I wasn't 100% qualified and desperately needed a job. When he got promoted to another department he went out of his way to bring me with him, along with a few others. As a result we got more $ and better jobs too. In the end it may bite me in the ass but in 3 years he's been nothing but good to me so I def feel a workplace loyalty to him.

I'm loyal to the owner of the company I work for. I report directly to him. I always deliver the tasks he gives me. He's been kind enough to fund my bachelor party in Vegas and he flew in for 1 night. I have my own business and he gives me advice and days off when I go out of state. We don't always agree but we respect each other. Sometimes my job can be really stressful but I appreciate the fact that he watches out for me.

You have to think about it in terms of what's best for you and your family before anything else. If you get treated well and are allowed time off to attend important family events, get along well with the other staff and are generally happy to go to work everyday that's the most important thing and a reason to be loyal. If you're missing a few of these components maybe the grass is certainly greener in other pastures and loyalty means nothing. Money isn't everything though, peace of mind and happiness are the main factors for me. I hate getting up for work and always feeling like I want to make some excuse to not go..that's when loyalty flies out the window so its really a subjective meaning

in our life, there's "if".
in our beliefs, there's "lie".
in our business, there's "sin".
in our bodies, there's "die".
Wow, that's deep bro.
<mma4>

What? Why?
I am loyal to colleagues and superiors who have treated me with respect and kindness. I am loyal to PEOPLE. The company is not human and will not show human emotion. Loyalty is non-applicable to firms.

If you define loyalty solely as not taking better offers elsewhere, yeah thats pretty much dead.

But sticking with a company which is a good employer to work for is certainly a modern trait.

People especially younger ones are more fussy about in work atmosphere.
I am one of them.

I am loyal to colleagues and superiors who have treated me with respect and kindness. I am loyal to PEOPLE. The company is not human and will not show human emotion. Loyalty is non-applicable to firms.

*Firms of a certain size.

Imo

Back